**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Professor X can control magneto's mind in old comics

ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
So, I was surprised why Professor x can do this in mcoc. Then, suddenly YouTube recommended a video from 90s x-men cartoon. Watch this.
https://youtu.be/s-y34jp9KMA

Comments

• Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    That’s not how it’s supposed to work
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    People really want Magneto to become fully immune to reverse controls - so many posts!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★

People really want Magneto to become fully immune to reverse controls - so many posts!

As he should be
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

As he should be
    Depends on the nature of the reversed controls. If it's via Telepathy, sure he should be immune. If it's mystical or science in nature, nah.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    If you want to really bake your noodle...
    Magneto used to be able to control minds by manipulating the metal in your body.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★

• BsuGuyBsuGuy Posts: 138
    can you imagine if they had given him the reverse controls ability when they buffed him....lol
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

As he should be
    no he shouldnt, he should only be immune to revse controls from telepathy. Cosmic changes should not count.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    in the comics ghost rider can't be set on fire...just sayin.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    He's just so good now. Does he really need to be any better? I'm honestly worried they will nerf him he's so broken OP. Let's just enjoy this massive buff and accept that MCOC Magneto has a defective helmet. I mean I'd take the change if they offered it but there are so many things like this that some much much much weaker champions need so I'd prefer they focus there.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Brothers, clearly watch the video. Magneto wearing his helmet while facing Professor X. He single handley defeated all of the non-metal x-men heroes. But losses to Professor X power. All of the marvel fans familiar with this 90s cartoon. Many of us didn’t even born that time may be. I don't know what happen in movies later. But we can see clearly in x-men comics cartoon. Professor x defeated omega level Magneto with his mind power. And now professor using a cerebro all the time.
  • FamousRyFamousRy Posts: 112
    only when his helmet is off. silly
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    Magneto's helmet being a means to shield himself from telepathy was an invention of the 2000 X-Men movie. Although there was precedent set in the comics written in the previous few decades to link Magneto's helmet to telepathy, just not in this specific way.

In the early days, Magneto was shown as having a form of telepathy himself, even engaging Xavier on the astral plane.

This was later retconned to Magneto's helmet actually giving him, or at the very least enhancing some lower level telepathic powers.

But when his personality and backstory became fleshed out in the 80's by writer Chris Claremont, he wrote Magneto as having a natural resistance to telepathic probes even without his helmet.

When the 1st movie came out in 2000, that's where the helmet being a means to telepathic shielding was introduced. The comics followed suit in many of the themes and ideas presented in the movie, and that included Magneto's helmet.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    Imran said:

Brothers, clearly watch the video. Magneto wearing his helmet while facing Professor X. He single handley defeated all of the non-metal x-men heroes. But losses to Professor X power. All of the marvel fans familiar with this 90s cartoon. Many of us didn’t even born that time may be. I don't know what happen in movies later. But we can see clearly in x-men comics cartoon. Professor x defeated omega level Magneto with his mind power. And now professor using a cerebro all the time.

The cartoon ran from 1992-1997. The idea of Magneto's helmet blocking telepathy came from the 200 X-Men movie, and then the comics followed suit.