**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mutant Treasure Island bug

I went into mutant treasure island and used a key to unlock the 600k gold. Got it and quit before beating the final champ. The 600k stayed in my account and I also got the key back. I went back in and the gate was back up, but the gold reward was gone. Below is a picture of the line with the gate back up and the reward gone.

Comments

• Could be right.
    When quitting before beating boss, the Key is returned to you and the Gate is locked again. And “normally” the reward will go back onto the map.

BUT... Gold is one type of item that normally does NOT first go into the temporary quest storage area. Gold generally goes directly to you, even if you quit the quest after stepping past the gold spot.

So even though this is a LOT of gold, I have a feeling it will act the same way (gives the gold to you even if you quit) as in other lesser game quests.

FYI, Small Energy Refills recently started to act like that too (goes directly to Inventory), but Full Refills are still like Heals/Revives where they are in Quest Storage until beating final boss... (in other quests like Daily Cat quests or Monthly EQ quests).
  • sanbalsanbal Posts: 46
    So is this against TOS or not? Just asking for clarification and knowledge.
  • sanbal said:

So is this against TOS or not? Just asking for clarification and knowledge.

It’s not something that you can earn over and over (as shown, it is gone after claiming it the first time), so should probably be OK.
    If you’re worried, then just go ahead and defeat the boss anyways (but I wouldn’t spend items to do so if he is too strong that time).
  • T_Baloney said:

I went into mutant treasure island and used a key to unlock the 600k gold. Got it and quit before beating the final champ. The 600k stayed in my account and I also got the key back. I went back in and the gate was back up, but the gold reward was gone. Below is a picture of the line with the gate back up and the reward gone.

Same happened to me
  • Amms90Amms90 Posts: 327 ★★★
    The issue here is that you get the key back so you could use it for a different path instead of using it for an empty path... That should be looked into
  • VVEED_VVEED_ Posts: 35
    edited September 2020
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 450 ★★★
    Same thing happened to me. I screwed up Vs the final boss so decided to quit and try again. After I did I realised the gold was already added and was no longer on the path but keys were refunded.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Can we please have this issue addressed? I just want to ensure nobody gets banned for this glitch.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    No official response yet?
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    @Kabam Miike we need an answer.... It is a bug or not? We will be banned if we use this method?
  • (@spiderknight616, @XSUMMONERX )

It's odd. The gold pickup on the left side acts as a regular chest-type one, but the one on the right side is added immediately. This is in Legendary quest.

Interesting indeed. In Legendary, when you click on the Gold symbol on each of the 2 paths with Gold (Left and Right ones), the Left one is labeled similar to other Mutant Island path rewards (listed as ITEM, goes to quest stash, have to finish boss to get), while the Right one is labeled as if it is an in-path Gold in normal quests (listed as RESOURCE, which goes direct to Inventory).

So Kabam could fix it by just changing the “TYPE” of Gold reward sitting on that Right path (unless they meant for it to be this way). Not sure what goes they are in Epic difficulty.

• spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 450 ★★★

(@spiderknight616, @XSUMMONERX )

It's odd. The gold pickup on the left side acts as a regular chest-type one, but the one on the right side is added immediately. This is in Legendary quest.

Interesting indeed. In Legendary, when you click on the Gold symbol on each of the 2 paths with Gold (Left and Right ones), the Left one is labeled similar to other Mutant Island path rewards (listed as ITEM, goes to quest stash, have to finish boss to get), while the Right one is labeled as if it is an in-path Gold in normal quests (listed as RESOURCE, which goes direct to Inventory).

So Kabam could fix it by just changing the “TYPE” of Gold reward sitting on that Right path (unless they meant for it to be this way). Not sure what goes they are in Epic difficulty.

Yeah, they messed up the pickup type. First they made them chests forgetting that chests can respawn, then they did this screw-up. Hopefully next time they run this SQ they'll have it all figured out. I seriously hope they do; this is the best event ever.
  • Cat_22Cat_22 Posts: 12
    Has anyone heard an update from KABAM on this issue yet? Is it a grey area they just intend to leave ambiguous?
  • T_BaloneyT_Baloney Posts: 11
    Cat_22 said:

Has anyone heard an update from KABAM on this issue yet? Is it a grey area they just intend to leave ambiguous?

I haven't heard anything yet.
  • Same had happened to me