**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Apocalypse sp1/2 (Someone plz help me clarify) Projectiles.... or physical contact hits??

NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
Ok So I just got to the cavalier Apocalypse fight, and I brought in Tigra to have some fun, because I figured I could use her to my advantage for the miss mechanic......
But his sp1 completely WRECKED me!!!
I mean i still finished it but now it just had me curious about it

Sooooo am I to understand correctly that his sp1/sp2 are contact hits rather than projectiles???
@Kabam Miike

Comments

• Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    The blue beams are the only ones that are projectiles.... Either that or apocalypse has some way of countering miss....
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    @Grootman1294 yeah, i Looked t his regular abilities, and nothing stated there.
    Maybe a node? But didn’t see any.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Hmm and there was me thinking tigra would work well for apocalypse, guess not if her phasing doesn’t work
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Hasn’t he a abtily wher he buypass mis I’m sure I’m read it one the spotlights. One forums
    Nop me just overthinking stuff
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 643 ★★★
    Every time you evade (not dex) he reduces your chance to automatically evade by 10%. If I recall his beam alone is 3 hits so if you auto evade all of that he dropped future evades by 30%. Your lower ability gets a red icon over you showing stacks. Rng makes 10% for ai seem like 100% at times.

Every time you evade (not dex) he reduces your chance to automatically evade by 10%. If I recall his beam alone is 3 hits so if you auto evade all of that he dropped future evades by 30%. Your lower ability gets a red icon over you showing stacks. Rng makes 10% for ai seem like 100% at times.

He doesn’t evade. It missed with isn’t the same as evade
    @Gamer yeah didn’t see anything thats lets him bypass phase, just really caught me off guard haha
    @ccrider474 yeah like @Gamer said tigra wasnt evading, was holding the heavy so i would phase through his sp1
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    edited September 2020

Ok So I just got to the cavalier Apocalypse fight, and I brought in Tigra to have some fun, because I figured I could use her to my advantage for the miss mechanic......
    But his sp1 completely WRECKED me!!!
    I mean i still finished it but now it just had me curious about it

Sooooo am I to understand correctly that his sp1/sp2 are contact hits rather than projectiles???
    @Kabam Miike

I remember playing ghost and for some reason I was gaining his ignore evade charges for some reason, though they didn’t work

@Gamer yeah didn’t see anything thats lets him bypass phase, just really caught me off guard haha

Understood I’m even when back to read it all
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    Weird bug
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    could it have something to do with this?

If affected by Weakness, Slow, or Exhaustion Debuffs, prevent the activation of Tigra’s personal miss and Unblockable effects.

apocalypse inflicts weakness on sp1 if his last thrown attack is a light attack.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

If affected by Weakness, Slow, or Exhaustion Debuffs, prevent the activation of Tigra’s personal miss and Unblockable effects.

apocalypse inflicts weakness on sp1 if his last thrown attack is a light attack.

Only if you're already under a debuff though. If you've not got a debuff then it shouldn't apply the Weakness debuff.

That being said, if the OP is using suicides, then yes the weakness debuff from SP1 will apply immediately when he starts the attack.
    ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

Only if you're already under a debuff though. If you've not got a debuff then it shouldn't apply the Weakness debuff.

That being said, if the OP is using suicides, then yes the weakness debuff from SP1 will apply immediately when he starts the attack.
    At this point I think we need to see a video, also the debuff has to be a DOT ,like suicides.
    He applied a poison on me, no weakness, ik with the weakness it wont work for tigra @Lormif

He applied a poison on me, no weakness, ik with the weakness it wont work for tigra @Lormif

like I said I think a video at this point would be in order to see what is happening.
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    If you had a poison on you then he is applying additional debuffs that end up stopping your miss mechanic. I used Tigra to fight him too and as long as you haven’t gotten hit at all, you still cause his sp1 to miss. Just don’t do it to his sp2 lmao
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

That's good to know, finally a Tigra that doesn't suck (?)
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 643 ★★★

@ccrider474 yeah like @Gamer said tigra wasnt evading, was holding the heavy so i would phase through his sp1

Makes sense did you dex the contact bits? His sp1 is contact till the beam which is non contact.

If you had poison potential that he triggered weakness with sp1 "Additionally, fighting Apocalypse with the suicide Masteries turned on is probably not the best idea since he will trigger his Special Attack Debuffs without needing to land a hit." Might not have shown up before death?

Kinda need a video for real info just reaching at mechanics.