Champion Spotlight - Apocalypse [Updated Syenrgies]

Comments

• GagoHGagoH Posts: 946 ★★★
    He will cheese the v2 YJ since XL and can poison
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 896 ★★★
    Looks pretty useless in my opinion. Basically a Night Thrasher with extra value. The ramp up sounds like it's gonna be long, so I predict Apocalypse to be more like Heimdall, an awesome synergy god.

However I am very interested in the Kang synergy - after 80 second Kang has +400% attack. That's like WS-KM syneegy with no effort needed.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 526 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit will stupify extend his light block break from 0.8 seconds to 1.3 seconds?
  • QuietusDKQuietusDK Posts: 10
    I'm grossly curious here. Will there be a bundle with a chance for Apoc like ProfX, or will he be introduced via arena only?

Gah, I'm hungry for the Apoc.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 437 ★★★
    Will Phoenix count as a mutant for the prefight ability?
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 326 ★★
    since his dps and base stats are on the low side, at least thats beneficial for us when going up against Apocalypse as a war boss with stubborn global
    @Kabam Miike has anyone looked at how broken apocalypse will be on AW boss node with stubborn? One fight and he will be unbeatable
  • RoKoPlayzzzRoKoPlayzzz Posts: 240
    GNASTY said:

GNASTY said:

Good lord, he’s gonna be amazing. That synergy with Psylocke is gonna be huge for her. Is Apocalypse gonna be available in the next featured five star???

From Lagacy’s video it looks like the CCP were told Apocalypse is coming on the 24th

So the featured after next unfortunately I think
    So you’re saying a full featured crystal rotation away from the next featured crystal which is a month and 6 days away?
    Yup. I really miss the old featured system
    Oh boy. My crystal hoarding is about to reach an all time level of unhealthy.

Man I would quite like all of that dough.
  • Steinman101Steinman101 Posts: 3
    That is a awesome but too bad I am a very hard worker I am free to play and I have Almost enough 5* shards to get featured but now I will wait and try to pull apocalypse
    This will be my first five star
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 527 ★★
    once Apocalypse gets 300% or 400% boost his numbers will make him super annoying defender.. not sure how he is as an attacker thou.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 3,856 ★★★★★

Hey everybody,

Just a heads up that we're making a couple small changes to some of Apocalypse's Synergies before his release:

-Impending Storm with Storm: Reduced Storm's shock damage from 90% to 70%
    -Guardian of the Pyramid with Storm (Pyramid X): Reduced Storm (Pyramid X)'s Prowess Potency from 20% to 15%
    -Bringer of Death I with Psylocke: Added +5% Critical Rating per Psi-Charge
    -Bringer of Death I with Psylocke: Increased Attack Rating on 0 power Opponent from 30% to 50%

These will be live before Apocalypse is available.

Some people will probably be mad about the Storm synergy nerfs, but I'm just happy about Psylocke. Sounds like she's going to be way more practical being able to gain Psy-Charges and extra damage with em. @StevieManWonder is going to be real happy. (I think he's the one with R3 Psylocke, right?)
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 2,425 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Hey everybody,

Just a heads up that we're making a couple small changes to some of Apocalypse's Synergies before his release:

-Guardian of the Pyramid with Storm (Pyramid X): Reduced Storm (Pyramid X)'s Prowess Potency from 20% to 15%
    -Bringer of Death I with Psylocke: Increased Attack Rating on 0 power Opponent from 30% to 50%

Some people will probably be mad about the Storm synergy nerfs, but I'm just happy about Psylocke. Sounds like she's going to be way more practical being able to gain Psy-Charges and extra damage with em. @StevieManWonder is going to be real happy. (I think he's the one with R3 Psylocke, right?)
    Holy moly, I didn’t know they changed the synergy for Psylocke, thanks for tagging me @Etjama. That synergy is exactly what I’ve been saying Psylocke needs! I’m so stoked! Just to clarify, critical rating is how often she crits not how much she crits for, right?

Etjama said:

Hey everybody,

Holy moly, I didn’t know they changed the synergy for Psylocke, thanks for tagging me @Etjama. That synergy is exactly what I’ve been saying Psylocke needs! I’m so stoked! Just to clarify, critical rating is how often she crits not how much she crits for, right?
    And they increased her damage to +50%??????? Holy cow, this is literally all Psylocke needs to be a top champ, I’m really gonna go ham on Apocalypse’s crystals.

Hey everybody,

Thank you so much for the Psylocke synergy!!!

Etjama said:

Hey everybody,

At your service. 💪🏼

Etjama said:

Hey everybody,

And they increased her damage to +50%??????? Holy cow, this is literally all Psylocke needs to be a top champ, I’m really gonna go ham on Apocalypse’s crystals.
    On second thought, after looking at my wallet, I won’t be going ham lol. I’ll just have to wait until he’s in the featured five star pool. Oh well, another 4 or 5 months before my Psylocke gets the justice she deserves

Etjama said:

Hey everybody,

On second thought, after looking at my wallet, I won’t be going ham lol. I’ll just have to wait until he’s in the featured five star pool. Oh well, another 4 or 5 months before my Psylocke gets the justice she deserves
    Not an arena grinder?
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hey everybody,

Not an arena grinder?
    I have the roster and units for it, but not the time. I work 8-5 Friday-Monday, am a full time college student, and am working on the rewrites for my second book. I barely have time to do the milestones for the featured 4 star and only do 3/4 of the featured 5 star arena.
    Hopefully not more synergies nerfs, because the storm got nerfed down a bit because of the showcasing of how powerfull storm shocks is by seatin and karatemike

Hopefully not more synergies nerfs, because the storm got nerfed down a bit because of the showcasing of how powerfull storm shocks is by seatin and karatemike

Dude, the synergies got nerfed before the videos came out. Youtubers just try to help the community and everyone's grateful till something gets nerfed, then it's their fault.
    edited September 15
    Etjama said:

Dude, the synergies got nerfed before the videos came out. Youtubers just try to help the community and everyone's grateful till something gets nerfed, then it's their fault.

in seatins video, he clearly shows the synergies showing "dealing 90% of modified attack over 8 seconds"

So this 90% got nerfed down to 70%.

Thanks

anyhow still very strong

Etjama said:

in seatins video, he clearly shows the synergies showing "dealing 90% of modified attack over 8 seconds"

Thanks

Quit whining and appreciate the Psylocke synergy buffs. That's a small nerf to the storm synergy.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 259 ★★

Etjama said:

Thanks

anyhow still very strong
    She have unlimited shock debuffs, so that not really big deal
    @Kabam Miike please add which synergies apply to each rarity in the notes
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hey everybody,

Not an arena grinder?
    I have the roster and units for it, but not the time. I work 8-5 Friday-Monday, am a full time college student, and am working on the rewrites for my second book. I barely have time to do the milestones for the featured 4 star and only do 3/4 of the featured 5 star arena.
    F in the chat for R3 Psylocke.
    Well, I went against my better judgement and bought both the Cavalier Early Access bundles for Apoc. 100 dollars down the drain for an awakening of my five star Juggernaut and a new 3 star Prof X. Ratfish. So I went against my better, better judgement and bought both the Grandmaster Early Access bundles. 60 dollars to add another 20 sigs on Ant-Man and a shiny new four star Apocalpyse. Great! I can't take him into Act 6 to try out the Psylocke synergy, obviously, so I took them into Cav EQ. This synergy is...disappointing.
    Granted, my Psylocke skills are a little rusty and I was practicing in the Kinetic Transference quest (which isn't a good node for Psylocke), but I was still very disappointed in the damage output and I immensely regret spending 160 dollars to try and get this synergy. On the bright side, I know now that it's not worth dropping my units on Cav crystals or using my Cyber Weekend units on his crystals like I was planning on.
    Let's break down why I found this synergy so lackluster.
    First off, Backdraft Intercepting, which is absolute key to Psylocke play, seems to either be broken or has changed and I can no longer reliably backdraft without my intercept getting intercepted, which was never the case when I used to play Psylocke regularly. If Backdraft Intercept has been changed, Psylocke is useless and I would like rank-down tickets.
    Secondly, her damage just isn't there, even with the 50% attack boost and additional crit rating. I have 5/65s and 4/55s that can hit harder than Psylocke, even when the opponent is at 0 power. I expected this synergy to rectify her meager damage output, but it didn't.
    Thirdly, I'm not sure that the extra 5% crit rating per Psi-Charge is working correctly, at 20 Psi-Charges, Psylocke should be citing every single hit and she wasn't. Actually, I just checked the synergy right now and this is what it reads: "Bringer of Death 1-- Psylocke: Basic Attacks have a 30% chance to grant a psi-charge." That's it. It doesn't say anything about the psi-charges granting additional crit rating.
    Overall, I'm incredibly disappointed by this synergy and regret spending money on it greatly.
    @Kabam Miike
    Hey is this synergy intentional???

This synergy is supposed to give Psylocke *5% chance to Crit per Psi-Charge but it that didn’t make it in the game!
  • qartweliqartweli Posts: 306 ★★
    U could have added sentry and og hulk synergies
    They need em both and were horsemen too
    I am ready to crush hopes and dreams in AW, he is a blast to play also