**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Need advice from the experts

Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
edited September 2020 in Strategy and Tips

I have what I need to R5 one of these tech champs. Also have tech awakening gem for either ghost or guilly2099. What I am trying to accomplish right now in the game is LoL, variants, and act 6 exploration of first 2 chapters, and completion of chapter 3 and 4.

I don’t run suicides. I have despair, deep wounds, and assassin maxed out.

So I guess I have 3 questions for the experts on what to do next to advance in the parts of the game I mentioned above. I don’t have aegon so I will probably focus more on act 6 and variants.

1. Who is better option to R5 out of those 3 techs?
2. Who is best option to awaken between guilly2099 and ghost?
3. Should I switch to suicide mastery setup?
Post edited by Kabam Rose on

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I'd awaken and max ghost
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Awaken and max Ghost, no questions asked.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Ok lol. I thought so. Should I change up my masteries?
    edited September 2020

Depending on the rest of your team, suicides might be your best option.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Ghost can pretty much do everything those other two do. Warlock has heal block, but what does Ghost need that for when she can outdamage any pathetic regen. 2099 has no crits, but eh. Ghost doesn’t need power control with Hood so again she has a leg up on the other two easy.

If you like to play Ghost and can master her, she is the best tech, other wise I’d go with 2099 which has its own level of mastery in maintaining combos. I’d awaken which ever you choose to rank up, generally the tech class really don’t need their sig abilitys to be good, theyre usually more of a nice bonus.
    edited September 2020
    Lunae said:

Ghost can pretty much do everything those other two do. Warlock has heal block, but what does Ghost need that for when she can outdamage any pathetic regen. 2099 has no crits, but eh. Ghost doesn’t need power control with Hood so again she has a leg up on the other two easy.

If you like to play Ghost and can master her, she is the best tech, other wise I’d go with 2099 which has its own level of mastery in maintaining combos. I’d awaken which ever you choose to rank up, generally the tech class really don’t need their sig abilitys to be good, theyre usually more of a nice bonus.

Don't hit the opponent when you have the crit passive up and Ghost won't crit either. And I don't know about everyone else, but I'd never rank up G99 over Warlock.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Etjama said:

Lunae said:

Don't hit the opponent when you have the crit passive up and Ghost won't crit either. And I don't know about everyone else, but I'd never rank up G99 over Warlock.
    I was actually think about this the other day lol. I remember reading someone saying that she was a parry heavy spam champion which didn’t really go over well, but technically you could build up her furies and just play her without relying on crits I imagine.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Etjama said:

Main champs I use are Doom, Nick Fury, Corvus, CMM, Warlock, cap iw, blade, HT, iceman, blade, venom, and now ghost.

Etjama said:

Main champs I use are Doom, Nick Fury, Corvus, CMM, Warlock, cap iw, blade, HT, iceman, blade, venom, and now ghost.
    I think you'd be better off without suicides then
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Awaken ghost and rank up depending on what variants you're looking towards.
    All three would easily clear tech variants with warlock and guilly being the best options
    Warlock can also double for the XL variant
    For LOL I'd rank guilly
    For act act 6 ghost is the way to go if you have wasp and hood otherwise I'd go with guilly
    It really depends on what you want to do first

Etjama said:

Slow your roll there, buddy (though I didn't give you the disagree.) Corvus, CMM, Warlock, Iceman and Ghost can do SOOOOOO much with suicides. CAIW works fine with them since the Sp3's are super powerful, Blade can regen back recoil and shrug off Bleed faster, and since he runs Nick a lot, he can bring DPX and make all the rest of his champs pretty Suicide compatible too.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    With these 3 tech champs you can do anything a tech champ can do
  • Ghost if you can learn her playstyle
    warlock if you want an easy playstyle with insane utility.
    awaken Ghost though.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    ghost no question
    edited September 2020

1 ghost
    2 ghost
    3 ghost

4 ghost
    5 ghost
    6 ghost
    7 ghost
    8 ghost
    9 ghost
    10 ghost
    11 ghost
    12 ghost
    13 ghost
    14 ghost
    15 ghost
    16 ghost
    17 ghost
    18 ghost
    19 ghost
    20 ghost
    21 ghost
    22 ghost
    23 ghost
    24 ghost
    25 ghost
    26 ghost
    27 ghost
    28 ghost
    29 ghost
    30 ghost
    31 ghost
    32 ghost
    33 ghost
    34 ghost
    35 ghost
    36 ghost
    37 ghost
    38 ghost
    39 ghost
    40 ghost
    41 ghost
    42 ghost
    43 ghost
    44 ghost
    45 ghost
    46 ghost
    47 ghost
    48 ghost
    49 ghost
    50 ghost
    go ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost @MCOCMcdonalds do better
    edited September 2020
    so ghost

• Paul_RuddPaul_Rudd Posts: 79

I have what I need to R5 one of these tech champs. Also have tech awakening gem for either ghost or guilly2099. What I am trying to accomplish right now in the game is LoL, variants, and act 6 exploration of first 2 chapters, and completion of chapter 3 and 4.

I don’t run suicides. I have despair, deep wounds, and assassin maxed out.

So I guess I have 3 questions for the experts on what to do next to advance in the parts of the game I mentioned above. I don’t have aegon so I will probably focus more on act 6 and variants.

1. Who is better option to R5 out of those 3 techs?
    2. Who is best option to awaken between guilly2099 and ghost?
    3. Should I switch to suicide mastery setup?

1. Ghost
    2. Ghost
    3. No

I r5 and awakened my ghost with a tech gem and have no regrets. Super fun to play and hits really hard!

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Slow your roll there, buddy (though I didn't give you the disagree.) Corvus, CMM, Warlock, Iceman and Ghost can do SOOOOOO much with suicides. CAIW works fine with them since the Sp3's are super powerful, Blade can regen back recoil and shrug off Bleed faster, and since he runs Nick a lot, he can bring DPX and make all the rest of his champs pretty Suicide compatible too.
    hmm I see the error in my ways. good points.

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

hmm I see the error in my ways. good points.
    🖖
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Considering the content you mentioned above, guilly 2099 seems to be your best option overall...I'd pick guilly because I already have a ghost at rank 5, and I rate guilly over warlock personally (fight me!)

But yeah, I'd still pick ghost nevertheless if I was in your case.
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    The skill cap/learning curve for Ghost is too often dismissed or underrated imho. Not only is she herself tricky to master, but you have to learn her with/without her various synergies. Plus the resources to rank up Wasp, Hood, you might not otherwise spend (they're solid but upper middle-class champs at best). If the alternates are Warlock or G2099 it's far from a no-brainer to go w Ghost.

If I had to give one of these champs to a random player who could be anywhere on the skills spectrum then I'd choose Warlock, that stand-alone base kit is the best/safest bet for success in most modes of the game by summoners of any level of playing ability. If I had a friend joining the game and I knew they could play decent and would enjoy the challenge of learning a playstyle then more likely Ghost gets the nod. But Warlock much more of a pick up and play and dominate champ, less risk involved for your resources. So choice could depend on your temperament in that regard.