**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Am I ready for ROL ?

Cosmos_2002Cosmos_2002 Posts: 137
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
I have
4* Star Lord 4/40 duped
4* drax 4/40 duped
4* Gwenpool 4/40 unduped
4* Ghost Rider 4/40 unduped
4* Elektra 4/40 unduped
4* OG Cap 4/40 duped
3* Archangel duped 3/30

Can I finish ROL with the above Champs

If I can't, who else do I require ?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• Whilst your Starlord and Archangel CAN kill the Wolverine, it would be most advisable to take a Guillotine with you. 5*,4*,3*,2*. all can do it.
  • Severus35Severus35 Posts: 88
    I would add a Poison immune champion to deal with Scarlet Witch (Hulk, Hyperion, Ultron..).

If you use Guillotine against Wolverine remove any point from 'Despair' mastery and you're all set. ;)
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    You can do it it you have enough potions saved up and can keep a combo with SL. Guilly works best for Wolverine unless you are really good with SL.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I don’t know that a 4* r4 star lord can beat wolverine after the combo cap on damage. An r5 definitely can. A duped gwenpool could beat him. A duped arch angel likely beats him.

But I would definitely recommend the following team:

I guess ghost rider for the majority of fights (a wolverine or x23 would be better—saves u units with regen)

Gully for wolverine (I used a 3*—and it is easier if u get at least 3 points in mystic dispersion). If not gully, I guess arch angel (but not sure about taking a 3/30 in).

Bring a poison immune for witch.
  • HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★
    You’re definitely ready, 4* Starlord should do most of the work, Archangel works very well too. Bring a Guilly for Wolvie. Remember that most of the champs in Rol take about 170-200 hits with a rank 4 Starlord (Without getting hit of course). Most of your other champs will take 300 if not 400+ hits with the exception of Archangel and maybe Gwenpool. A poison immune champ may not be necessary but it would help against Sw, I didn’t bring one and just used Starlord, took 2 revives though. As long as you can consistenly keep up a 170+ hit combo with Starlord, you should be able to finish Rol no problem. Remember when you’re fighting Wolvie with Guilly, MAKE SURE he has full health when you start a fight. This way you will be able to get more souls than if you were to fight him when he is at let’s say half healh. So basically if you fight him the first time, and you make him take a fair amount of damage but still lose. Use a revive but don’t use it with the mindset of trying to take him down. Use it to get Wolvie back to full health, die and then revive again to give it another shot. Hope this makes sense, good luck!
  • xion360xion360 Posts: 88
    Run477 wrote: »
    I don’t know that a 4* r4 star lord can beat wolverine after the combo cap on damage. An r5 definitely can. A duped gwenpool could beat him. A duped arch angel likely beats him.

But I would definitely recommend the following team:

I guess ghost rider for the majority of fights (a wolverine or x23 would be better—saves u units with regen)

Gully for wolverine (I used a 3*—and it is easier if u get at least 3 points in mystic dispersion). If not gully, I guess arch angel (but not sure about taking a 3/30 in).

Bring a poison immune for witch.

He can, I've done it... originally I ran a team of SL, Magik, Hulk, 3* Guilly & either colossus or juggs was a synergy champ cant really recall.

but the 3 main champs used during the run were Star Lord 4/40, Guilly 4/40 3* & Hulk (duped 4/40) I ended up having issues with Guilly every time I got the curse on Wolvies regen would reset each hit instead of stacking, So I went in with star lord & finished him with a 380 ish hit combo about 275-300 was when I started to over power his regen.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    While everyone has already recommended quality champs to get it done the only factor remaining is your skill level, and only you know the quality of that.

Practice on ROL Winter Soldier. If you're dropping him than you are good to go. Good Luck!
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Everyone is missing Civilwarrior.
    You can perma healblock Wolverie.
    Armor Up gives bleed immunity. Does not need a dupe.
    Takes some time, but works fine.
  • xion360xion360 Posts: 88
    Cassy wrote: »

there are so many champs that can get thru wolvie it's not even funny, but it boils down to efficiency & what you have at your disposal.
  • Cassy wrote: »

Yeah by heavy attacks but dang u there for a while. Also can do it with ds with just doing sp3 saw that om YouTube. Just those methods so slow and boring

• JohnnyBeastJohnnyBeast Posts: 59
    You are for sure ready. Just bring your starlord, guillotine, and a crit team. I personally did it with a 4/40 SW after 12.0, a 3* rank 3 gulli and IM/SIM/OG cap. Took me one revive on my SW but that’s it. Just long tedious fights. Take breaks if you need to refresh. Good luck
  • wappykidwappykid Posts: 94
    or get a duped gwenpool give him 34 hits and kiss good bye to his regen
    linux wrote: »
    Whilst your Starlord and Archangel CAN kill the Wolverine, it would be most advisable to take a Guillotine with you. 5*,4*,3*,2*. all can do it.

I found Wolvie incredibly frustrating with a 3* Guillotine (though I'll grant I didn't have MD3+ at the time). It's possible, but you basically have one chance, and if you don't get lucky and get a couple of regens with your curse, you're screwed. Worse, because (at least at the time) I was only getting souls for bringing Wolvie down from his starting level -- if I started when he wasn't full of health I wasn't going to be able to get souls for the first curse. Basically I was using a revive so my next try could work.

I got him 80% with my 3* Guillotine and finished with DS. In hindsight, it would have cost fewer revives to just use DS.

OTOH ... I'm also not sure a 4/40 SL can finish Wolvie. He can easily exceed 20k/tick regen.

just use a boost when fighting Wolvie
  • ReinaReina Posts: 275
    Good roster I know my champs aren’t good enough but those seem perfect for ROL
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    yep. all you need is star lord and any rank Guilly. add a crit team if you want.
  • Do some practice runs to see how far you can go without using a revive or health potion. Get past Jugs and you're ready.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Exept Wolverie, Venompool is allso a good one for rol.
    Hulk, Rhino BB, He heals while they bleed. Fleshwound recomended
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    wappykid wrote: »
    Whilst your Starlord and Archangel CAN kill the Wolverine, it would be most advisable to take a Guillotine with you. 5*,4*,3*,2*. all can do it.

I found Wolvie incredibly frustrating with a 3* Guillotine (though I'll grant I didn't have MD3+ at the time). It's possible, but you basically have one chance, and if you don't get lucky and get a couple of regens with your curse, you're screwed. Worse, because (at least at the time) I was only getting souls for bringing Wolvie down from his starting level -- if I started when he wasn't full of health I wasn't going to be able to get souls for the first curse. Basically I was using a revive so my next try could work.

I got him 80% with my 3* Guillotine and finished with DS. In hindsight, it would have cost fewer revives to just use DS.

OTOH ... I'm also not sure a 4/40 SL can finish Wolvie. He can easily exceed 20k/tick regen.

How does using a boost help? Lol. The issue is that gully’s l2 to cause reverse heal needs two souls. And she only gains souls by wolvie losing health. You aren’t going to inflict damage on wolvie to overcome his regen, so u have to get to an l2 before the souls disappear. That’s why me helps bc it boosts her power gain. I beat wolvie with zero in md, but h md would make him so much easie bc his regens would boost your power to get u to l2 faster.

But, if u run out of souls, u might as well give up. U can’t beat him at that point.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    wappykid wrote: »

How does using a boost help? Lol. The issue is that gully’s l2 to cause reverse heal needs two souls. And she only gains souls by wolvie losing health. You aren’t going to inflict damage on wolvie to overcome his regen, so u have to get to an l2 before the souls disappear. That’s why me helps bc it boosts her power gain. I beat wolvie with zero in md, but h md would make him so much easie bc his regens would boost your power to get u to l2 faster.

But, if u run out of souls, u might as well give up. U can’t beat him at that point.

Power gain boost?
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Ghost Rider. Iceman and Yondu for wolverine is special 1 heal blocks him for 20 seconds. Not as fast as Gully but doable. Practice first.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    After reading through this thread, it looks like I'm in a similar situation. I have the champs to do it, just need to work on my skills...

My team would be R5 Guilly, R5 AA, R4 Gwenpool, R4 Hype and R4 X23. All are duped except Hype. I am getting the basic cats to R5 him or Gwenpool this week.

Other available champs include Scarlet, Thor, Magik (all R4 and duped) and Xbones, Dorm, WW2, Hulk, Ultron, Hawkeye (all R4 unduped). I have a stack of R3's that are available as well, I am just saving my T4B cats for R5's.
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    I used rogue,x23,magik,hulk and guilly.all r4. Hulk for witch,guilly for wolverine and rogue for everybody else
  • TellthemIAMTellthemIAM Posts: 169
    Vossler77 wrote: »
    Ghost Rider. Iceman and Yondu for wolverine is special 1 heal blocks him for 20 seconds. Not as fast as Gully but doable. Practice first.
    Icemans sp1 heal blocks?
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    I used Wolverine for most of RoL since his regen could sustain him. Fights were long, but safe and minimized potion use. Used Gilly for wolverine but took a few revives before I got lucky with the s2 timing and regens to kill him. Ended up using star lord on SW just to make it fast, and used him on final hulk too. Ghost Rider could be your sustain champ if you are good at cycling through the judgements and using the regen one last before using S3 to reset the cycle.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Vossler77 wrote: »
    Icemans sp1 heal blocks?

No, I think that was his team. GR for all the fights, iceman for scarlet witch, and Yondu for wolvie. I think 4/40 SL is the easiest to kill wolvie because you don't have to worry about RNG, and with no evade and no sp3 you can keep an infinite combo. One heal block with a long combo and fights over.
  • Cosmos_2002Cosmos_2002 Posts: 137
    Thank you so much guys, love to see helpful people on the forums.