**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Best counter for Thing

Best counter for Thing 60 votes

Gwenpool (unduped)
8%
_colowalkerdogOmedennChikelkwolffsc 5 votes
Ronin (unduped)
11%
pseudosaneIron_Patriot_is_litPinkysegunCanucks37SonofdathomirRockstar2277shield311 7 votes
Other- Please state who
80%
NanoDroidPenumbrousKamikaze_TurtleOsfan8HendrossOnmixHammerbro_64Heisenberg750DjinMeebletonKill_GreyJAATKINGPHJfinThicco_ModeDarkDuelistThoye3Edeuink_AnxietyDoctor_Strange19Byucoug21 48 votes

Comments

• YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    there are lots of great counters depending on the nodes, without nodes thing can be beaten quite easily. but gwenpool and ronin are both great against thing
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Other- Please state who
    Tigra.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Other- Please state who
    i have been able solo thing with many diff champs
    caiw
    bwcv
    nf
    blade
  • I like using my killmonger on him actually. Red Guardian worked well too in war.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Other- Please state who
    Anyone works really. Just pay close attention to how many stacks he has and where his power meter is. He isn’t super hard for the most part, so long as you are paying attention.
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    Other- Please state who
    I use quake, NF, bwcv and gwenpool all of the time. But nick is my go to counter
  • ShaqatacShaqatac Posts: 258 ★★
    Other- Please state who
    Stealth or She Hukk
  • DariusYiDariusYi Posts: 171
    Other- Please state who
    Nick fury and high sig black widow og.
    I only very recently learn how to use NF to counter thing.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Other- Please state who
    I have an r4 stealthy, but I generally just don't bring a counter at all
  • shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    Other- Please state who
    Void
  • shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    Other- Please state who
    Quake
  • RoKoPlayzzzRoKoPlayzzz Posts: 242
    Other- Please state who
    I use blade, domino or any one else in my team :smile:
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Other- Please state who
    Imo the best is stealthy. Then any other slow champ, then Nick.

But the one I use the most, and is by far the best for me is Void.
  • InfiniteAbe17InfiniteAbe17 Posts: 165
    Other- Please state who
    either stealthy or a good bleed champ like nick, as long as there isn't extra nodes nick takes off rock stacks every time he tries to give thing a bleed and thing is immune.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    My personal go to champ is my 5* Blade, but there are other better options
  • GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 208
    Appreciate all the replies, of the champs mentioned, I only have Ronin, GP, and Quake. I'll try dueling Thing with Quake and see if I can get the hang of it.
    I'm getting a little better, beat Thing in an arena match using OG Guillotine and starting out 3k hp lower health too :-)
  • Byucoug21Byucoug21 Posts: 21
    Other- Please state who
    I would say black widow claire voyant does very well against him. Just parry/heavy then special 3. Rinse and repeat.
  • Heisenberg750Heisenberg750 Posts: 74
    edited December 2020
    Other- Please state who
    Skills
  • SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★
    Other- Please state who
    NF
  • NonvtecNonvtec Posts: 11
    What about in Cavalier difficulty this month? Who was the best counter that had enough buffs to get by the node?
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Other- Please state who
    Max sig OG Black Widow works great, he almost never gets rock stacks...just fight him like any other champ.
  • Other- Please state who
    I like to use Champs with hard hitting heavy attacks. You can deal a lot of damage that way without building rock stacks too fast. Cap IW, Doom, Colossus, Warlock (who actually applies a bleed with his heavy too so no rock stacks) just to name a few. I hear Falcon is a great option after his new buff. His "LOCK ON" ability keeps thing from gaining rock stacks and he hits pretty hard! Biggest thing for me has just been practice though! Good luck