**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you trust CCP members?

ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
They are doing a great job. But they are showing too much impractical videos. 6 star dupe rank 3 with boost. Seriously?? I have over 10 6★ and no dupe and still no rank 3?? Limited number of people own 6 star rank 3 champion. I think rank five 5 stars should be the basis of all champion testing in the CCP videos, but they generally use 6 stars for making thumbnails showing ridiculous and impractical damage. Also those with full 5 team synergy not three.

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Seatin does a rank 2 sig 20 for practical uses, and a sig 200 r3 for fun
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Arsoz said:

Imran said:

I think they are doing a great job. But they are showing too much impractical video very much. 6 star dupe rank 3 with boost. Seriously?? I have over 10 6★ and no dupe and still no rank 3?? Limited number of people own 6 star rank 3 champion. I think rank five 5 stars should be the basis of all champion testing in the CCP videos, but they generally use 6 stars for making thumbnails showing ridiculous and impractical damage. Also those with full 5 team synergy not three.

They show us their ultimate potential
    Then kabam decided nerf with those boosted videos.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Imran said:

Arsoz said:

Imran said:

I think they are doing a great job. But they are showing too much impractical video very much. 6 star dupe rank 3 with boost. Seriously?? I have over 10 6★ and no dupe and still no rank 3?? Limited number of people own 6 star rank 3 champion. I think rank five 5 stars should be the basis of all champion testing in the CCP videos, but they generally use 6 stars for making thumbnails showing ridiculous and impractical damage. Also those with full 5 team synergy not three.

I assume you are talking about magento, magneto was not done testing yet, it was not a nerf.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Generally, yes. I treat them with a level of scepticism that I apply to everything in life.
    I’m a bit more wary of the deep dives.

It’s best to reserve judgement on a champion until they’ve been out a few months. That way you can see whether they actually get used or not.
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    Exactly what I said in one of the other threads, they should start using 5 star rank 5 version of the new champs unboosted which will show you the practical damage output of the champ, also a small compare and contrast video showing the effect of synergies and sig ability of the champion.

For eg. Complete a lane in act 5/6 with synergies and without synergies and then some ROL/LOL gameplay to discuss and showcase the champion rotation in long fights
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Imran said:

Arsoz said:

Imran said:

huh? you think kabam makes changes based on ccp videos?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,183 ★★★★★
    The used to only get a 4-star to test, and people complained it was not enough. I do see some videos that test lower rarities and level champs, though. Not all of them are using maxed out 6 stars.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    I don't even watch em like 99% of the time. If I were to watch, IMO the vids would be meaningless if they don't include non-ROL testing of the champ without synergies, without boosts, and without suicides. And I agree a 5* at R5 or a 6* at R2 should be used.

My personal opinion on what a video should include is all of the following:
    1)Non-ROL and just the 1 champ alone.
    2)Non-ROL and just the 1 champ with suicides.
    3)Non-ROL and the champ with full synergies.
    4)Non-ROL and the champ with full synergies and suicides.
    5)Non-ROL and the champ with synergies, suicides, and boosts.
    6)Non-ROL and a normal questing team based around the champ (synergies are welcome if you would take that into the quest).

That's pretty demanding. I know. But we shouldn't settle for anything other than high-quality content from something like the CCP.

I never understood using ROL to test a champ's practical uses. Those are perfect conditions that are not usually replicated anywhere else. It's nice to see big flashy numbers, but who cares if you can't perform that exact kind of playstyle anywhere else? Maybe it's just for the views, but I'd personally much rather see the champ being used in actual content.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Seatin does a 3* vs 4.4.6 and a 6* R2 for practicality, then a 6* R3 boosted for fun. Why can't he just have some fun on camera? In a recent video, he even responded to a comment and it looks like he'll probably start with 5* R3 videos again. KarateMike uses R5 versions 90% of the time, BG just wants to test out the new champs his way, so let him! Everyone's making a big deal with CCP members lately saying all this **** about them. If you don't like the content, don't watch it. But don't complain about it either.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    KarateMike is my favorite youtuber because he actually make practical videos and he explain things very well
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,769 ★★★★★
    Lol
    Why do you care for the members
    They have access to content, you watch it, you make a judgment for yourself, boom done