**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War scoring confusion

CoolGamerMKACoolGamerMKA Posts: 10
edited September 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hey Guys, I dont normally make posts on the form but this is very concerning for me and my alliance (M5A2) as this was our last war of the season and it would also have decided whether or not we moved to gold 3 or stayed in silver 1.
I could be wrong about this but I think there is a mistake in the scoring

Alliance War scoring confusion 18 votes

Was there a bug or error in the scoring
0%
Am I just bad at math
100%
danielmathMagicBentonLvernon15Cupidlive2fightJMORG1111BowTieJohnLormifMobile_P0tat0JollyHawkSleipnirrodCapn_DanteThicco_ModeEbony_NawOctoberstackPlinkoShamir51laxthe 18 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Am I just bad at math
    you lost 490 points in attack bonus and defenders remaining, you gained 30 points in diversity, net differnce -460, which is what the overall score shows
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Am I just bad at math
    Lormif said:

you lost 490 points in attack bonus and defenders remaining, you gained 30 points in diversity, net differnce -460, which is what the overall score shows

this
  • While you had 6 more “Defender Kills”, other team had +3 on Attack Bonus.
    Meaning of your 48 defender kills, 9 more of them were from 4+ attempts on a node that what your attackers had against other sides defense.
    Attack Bonus is capped at getting points from first 3 attempts at a node (90, 60, or 30 pts).

Further gets confused because one side was 1 short on defenders (doesn’t matter though, exploring past empty node gives automatic 90 pts Attack Bonus plus the normal 30 Explore), and neither side was fully 100% explore, and the 5 missing defenders was different from the 4 diff total attack kills.

But above is basically why the loss, plus the 250 pts for remaining defenders still left up.
  • Ebony_Naw said:

Are you asking about your defender kills being higher, but your attack bonus being lower? Defender kills alone don't earn points. The first three times you die to a specific defender, you lose 80 points each. After that, no further points are lost for each additional death.

Hope that helps

Oops, yep, mine earlier had wrong numbers. As above, potential Attack Bonus is either 240/160/80 for killing a node in 1st/2nd/3rd attempt. Any more than that is 0, which is why discrepancy between your defender kills and attack bonus lines. Attack Bonus is the one that counts toward actual points, defensive kills is just for reference.