**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Changes to Defense Tactics for Season 21

Summoners!

As Season 20 comes to a close, it’s time to make some more updates to Defense Tactics for the next season of Alliance Wars!

Reducing the Pool

We’re bringing the pool of selectable tactics down to 3. We’ll be removing Bulwark and Siphon. Protect, Stubborn, and Flow will remain.

Updates to Attacker Bonuses

Protect

Currently, the attacker portion of Protect is: If the Attacker is #Size: L or #Size: XL, they gain an Unstoppable Passive for 3 second(s) whenever the Defender is knocked down.

This is being changed completely. The updated functionality and description will be: If the Attacker is #Size: L or #Size: XL knocking down a #Size: L or #Size: XL Defender will remove any protection charges active on them.

Stubborn

Currently, the attacker portion of Stubborn is: If the Attacker is #Defensive, their Well-Timed Blocks grant them 15% Perfect Block chance for 10 second(s), stacking up to 2 time(s).

Another dramatic change, the updated functionality and description will be: If the Attacker is #Defensive, their Well-Timed Blocks will grant them a Destructible charge. When a #Defensive attacker dodges a hit from a #Defensive defender the Defender does not gain an indestructible passive and one Destructible charge is removed. Consuming a Destructible charge by dodging a special hit will stop the attacker from gaining Indestructible Passive from Stubborn for the duration of the attack.

These changes go live tomorrow, Wednesday, September 16th and Alliance War Season 21 kicks off on Wednesday, September 30th!

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Is there a cap on destructible charges? Ngl will miss that PB chance.
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★

Is there any limit to how many times a #Defensive Attacker can stack Destructible charges?

I second this question.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Yeah. Turned Capiw into an even bigger tank
    That's not what he meant, lol
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Nah that’s pretty much what I meant; with the second sentence. 30% Pb was super useful to me when you need to block for certain nodes and defenders.
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Did you think he was talking about peanut butter?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

here's a thought although i like the changes ... why not just get rid of defense tactics all together. they cause more stress than necessary on alliances.

then the top alliances will have a lot of wars that are 0-0, 1-0, etc.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Can you stack destructible charges or is there a cap?

gsil6374 said:

For you people who do AW, is this change good or bad? I haven't done alliance wars in a while so I wouldn't know.

IMO, it isn’t player positive and I’m pretty confused by people saying it tones down stubborn.

Don’t see how when a modifier that forces blocking, removes the chance to make those required blocks do no damage is a positive thing. Not to mention the lost value to defensive attackers in non stubborn fights that helps get them to the stubborn fights.
    it's just another nerf to the tactic, it'll make war easier and lower item use
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    Outside of CAIW Doom Void NF this is a minimal nerf at best. The majority of highly used AW attackers won’t benefit from this change at all.
  • KingKevinKingKevin Posts: 26
    Is the perfect block chance on stubborn being removed or is the new ability being adding in conjunction with perfect block?

gsil6374 said:

For you people who do AW, is this change good or bad? I haven't done alliance wars in a while so I wouldn't know.

IMO, it isn’t player positive and I’m pretty confused by people saying it tones down stubborn.

Don’t see how when a modifier that forces blocking, removes the chance to make those required blocks do no damage is a positive thing. Not to mention the lost value to defensive attackers in non stubborn fights that helps get them to the stubborn fights.
    it's just another nerf to the tactic, it'll make war easier and lower item use
    Explain please, there is no context to that statement.

How is it a nerf?
    How does it make war easier?
    How does it lower item use?
    are you being sarcastic?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    To be honest I kind of enjoyed having that BP... It’s such an overpowered stat in the game.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    cl41776 said:

Why not just do the smart thing and start over from scratch? This game mode sucks more and more with each passing season. Doesn’t help that your servers still can’t guarantee a stable connection just to get into, through and finish AW fights.

they are actually. they've already said they plan on revamping war completely. not sure the time frame but the plan is to completely change it ala dungeons > incursions.