**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Will Magneto be the greatest champion release in 2020 or is that it?

DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
I find it quite troublesome to think that there a champion will exceed magneto in 2020 - This year has been very slacking in meta defining and revolutionary characters

Magneto was a Buff not a new addition to Mcoc

Comments

• dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    edited September 2020
    I can't get over the fact that magneto is finally buffed. Should I rank him up? Is he good now?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

I can't get over the fact that magneto is finally buffed. Should I rank him up? Is he good now?

Most definitely. I think he’s a top 5 mutant personally, but some people aren’t ready for that conversation yet.
    I can see the argument, but I’m not personally in that camp
  • WhatElseWhatElse Posts: 186 ★★★
    He became part of my Abyss team. By saying that, it already means a lot for me.
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★

This Summoner is blessed.

rhaht9x6mcp6.png

Real picture?
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    I brought my 5* Magneto from R1 to R4 IMMEDIATELY and I don't regret 1 coin spent on it.

Only this community can turn
    "Wow! This Magneto buff is AMAZING!"
    into
    "Is that it, Kabam? Really?" 🤣

No however factuallised champion release correlation and the indifference of champion tier is another dynamic other than that of a solid buff
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Most definitely. I think he’s a top 5 mutant personally, but some people aren’t ready for that conversation yet.
    How do people not think he's a top 5 mutant? He's 3rd or 4th imo.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Who's better?
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

Who's better?
    The only mutants I think are better would be AA (slightly), Colossus, and Omega.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

This Summoner is blessed.

rhaht9x6mcp6.png

looks like a prof Hoff screenshot lol
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,673 ★★★★★
    I mean, you wont know until the other buffs come out or even the rest of the champs for this year that are planned. Let's have this conversation again late December shall we.
  • he is better than colossus now, which is surprising enough to say.
  • He is a god. Most fights against metal champs end in one sp3 if he’s maxed out. Keep in mind that over 1/3 of all champs are metal. That’s a lot of champs countered right there.
    That’s the IMIW from the show up fight. 14 hits on a 400k boss and look at that bleed detonation damage.
    He’s going to be hard for a new character to top this year
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    Best mutant in game my noob
    Okay let's keep this thread clean for purpose if you desire to - Anyone thinks champs will be coming out better than Magneto? Any ideas at all?
    TSR6225 said:

I find it quite troublesome to think that there a champion will exceed magneto in 2020 - This year has been very slacking in meta defining and revolutionary characters

Buffed Mags is great, no doubt. However, your premise that there haven't been any other good characters released in 2020 is waaaaay off base, IMO! The synergies alone for Apocalypse make him far more valuable than, say, a Nick Fury in that sense. Professor X has some great utility and synergies and Dragon Man's utility is very solid. And those are just the recent releases.
    TSR6225 said:

Buffed Mags is great, no doubt. However, your premise that there haven't been any other good characters released in 2020 is waaaaay off base, IMO! The synergies alone for Apocalypse make him far more valuable than, say, a Nick Fury in that sense. Professor X has some great utility and synergies and Dragon Man's utility is very solid. And those are just the recent releases.
    I specify my speculation by tier which defines to beyond god tier champions apart from Magneto sorry if that was vague before
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

R5 Magneto against Map 5 Doom.

14 hits.

You decide.
    Doesn’t count, cos you got hit 😂
    TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

I specify my speculation by tier which defines to beyond god tier champions apart from Magneto sorry if that was vague before
    That does clarify it, but I go back to Apocalypse. The fact that he makes at least 3 other champs beyond god tier because of his synergy makes him potentially the biggest add to date.
    He will probably fit in solid god tier
    TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

That does clarify it, but I go back to Apocalypse. The fact that he makes at least 3 other champs beyond god tier because of his synergy makes him potentially the biggest add to date.
    He is certainly a great edition to the game - But I do think magneto is better than him
    We are lacking on the beyond god tier column this year with new champion releases
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

We are lacking on the beyond god tier column this year with new champion releases

Lol not every champ has to be beyond god-tier and the standard of "beyond god-tier" is different, not just only seatin, we have many good champs this year, strong but not too op, however because many ppl desired an omega level mutant for magneto, so here we are
  • TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

He will probably fit in solid god tier
    TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

TSR6225 said:

He is certainly a great edition to the game - But I do think magneto is better than him
    Why is the addition of magneto troubling? He busts atleast 1/3rd of the champs, that itself is huge. Adding more characters like that would upset the game balance and the meta. The magneto meta is upon us, adding more crazy strong characters just upsets it.