**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss of Legends planning help

zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,132 ★★★★★
edited September 2020 in Strategy and Tips
War season is over so I want to take a crack at AOL. I seem to have all the champs (no HT but I have Void) needed to do the easy path of AOL. I have done easy path of LOL and completed act 6. I would say my skill level is average, below Seatin level.

I know I need to bring Aegon and Void but the other 3 slots I have questions and need help.

I have max sig 5/65 Doom and Symbiote Supreme but which one is better for AOL? Should I bring both? Seem like Doom would be better for CMM but SS seem better for the other cosmic champs like Hyperion, Medusa, VTD, Champion.

Do I really need Nick Fury?

Here is my 5-6* roster from 4/55 and up. If I can’t dupe Void, I have a generic gem I can use and get to about sig 110.

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Aegon SymSup NF Void Quake for the easy path.

Doom is arguably better than SymSup for further paths in but easy path wise, you actually only need 4 champs.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,132 ★★★★★
    Quake is strictly for synergy and NF for IW fight? Do I kill off NF at beginning of Abyss or keep him alive for IW?

Is Heimdall worth bringing over quake?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Aegon sym nick void and heimdall, I didn’t find the nick quake synergy too useful personally, especially if you want to get the huge furies on aegon. Sym is the best option for the easy path, he can do all cosmic champs on it in 3 revives (overall not each one) whereas doom is in the region of 15 (mainly vtd)
    Thanks @xNig and @Lvernon15

Can you help answer this question? Do I kill off NF at beginning of Abyss or keep him alive for IW?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    zuffy said:

Can you help answer this question? Do I kill off NF at beginning of Abyss or keep him alive for IW?

I’d use him in 1 attempt vs quake or something, then keep him dead until iw
    Another question. Do I need willpower mastery for abyss? If not, I can allocate some points to max courage, limber, etc

My current mastery

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    zuffy said:

I used NF against Quake.

No you don’t need WP 😂
  • Willpower won't do much for you with Aegon as your main attacker, you'll be shrugging off debuffs anyway. I do strongly recommend maxing Limber. One misstimed evade and you might find yourself stun-locked into oblivion. I did the easy path without Nick Fury, Aegon can take down IW either by biting the bullet and taking 600 hp of damage per power Sting activation, or by having Resonate. And if you're using Void for the Mystic fights, you might want to consider taking Resonate anyway, that'll do some extra damage. Best of luck on your run!
    Thanks for the help!
    After recovering the defense, I used up 7 points. I max out courage and limber and have 5 points left. I have MD3. Should I increase it to MD4/5? Where else should I invest the points in? Resonate is out as that would keep WP and I don't want to spend units to open new mastery.
  • WhatElseWhatElse Posts: 186 ★★★
    xNig said:

Aegon SymSup NF Void Quake for the easy path.

Doom is arguably better than SymSup for further paths in but easy path wise, you actually only need 4 champs.

That was my exact team for Path 1. Pretty much doable.
  • WhatElseWhatElse Posts: 186 ★★★
    zuffy said:

After recovering the defense, I used up 7 points. I max out courage and limber and have 5 points left. I have MD3. Should I increase it to MD4/5? Where else should I invest the points in? Resonate is out as that would keep WP and I don't want to spend units to open new mastery.

At least MD4 for SS, this will help you a lot.
    WP is really not needed.
    The Thing fight was hard for me as I keep losing my combo. There was a few times I have combo over 100 and I would get clip. Only got to combo 632 by the time I was done with Omega Red.

Regardless, haven't been too bad yet, except for imiw. Spent 1.2k units on revives so far after the Joe Fixit fight.
    Thank you all for the helps. Finally completed the easy path of Abyss. That Hemidall synergy was a great asset for all the fights. Symbiote Supreme definitely made the cosmic fights so much easier. Glad I did not bring Doom. Void for Mephisto and Mordo wasn't too bad. 3-4 revives each.

The hardest fight for me was IW. I had boosts on for NF and I just couldn't chip away enough health in one go. I end up using 15-18 revives, which is the same amount I needed for The Collector.