**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Beast

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
Give the guy some help. Please.

Old line, original X-Man and he’s pretty awful. Not suggesting a full-on beta buff, just some added synergies and tweaks that will make him modestly useable in advanced content.

For example, step his immunities up; give him better Regen (why does he have Regen in the first place?); ramp his attack based on combo meter. Give him regular bleed (are those Nerf claws he has?). Let him go unblockable at some point. Chain stubs—that would help his feeble attack. At this point, anything helps.

Twice awakened and these stats are underwhelming at best—the colored numbers are essentially meaningless considering the current meta.

And while we’re at it, until he’s at least mid-pack, please no more for me. My second 6* Beast dupe in the past week is plenty.

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    DrZola said:

Old line, original X-Man and he’s pretty awful. Not suggesting a full-on beta buff, just some added synergies and tweaks that will make him modestly useable in advanced content.

For example, step his immunities up; give him better Regen (why does he have Regen in the first place?); ramp his attack based on combo meter. Give him regular bleed (are those Nerf claws he has?). Let him go unblockable at some point. Chain stubs—that would help his feeble attack. At this point, anything helps.

Twice awakened and these stats are underwhelming at best—the colored numbers are essentially meaningless considering the current meta.

And while we’re at it, until he’s at least mid-pack, please no more for me. My second 6* Beast dupe in the past week is plenty.

Dr. Zola

His regen is already pretty good and his attack problems are somewhat solved with the Elsa synergy. If I were to change him I would give him a bit stronger bleeds as you suggested and maybe some more physical resistance. But who knows, he might not even need any of that with Professor X on his team too. (If you don't know what the synergy does it basically enervates the opponent for 10 seconds in acrobatic or gives you more critical rating to inflict more bleeds in freestyle for 10 secs.) Also with this gameplay I've shown it is without suicides and Deep Wounds so keep that in mind. Those extra attack synergies didn't actually do much back then for whatever reason.

https://youtu.be/fZsVC7qeV-s
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Love when people ask for buffs after they pull a specific champ.

Not because they like the champ.
    Not because they once saw a person dressed as that champ as a child and it inspired them to do good in the world.

Unashamedly self serving. I'll respect it that much.
    DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

Not because they once saw a person dressed as that champ as a child and it inspired them to do good in the world.

Actually, Beast is a classic Marvel character, original X-Man, Avenger, Defender and Illuminati and as such deserves better. Doesn’t have to be as exalted as other characters, but should be serviceable, even if only as a synergy partner.

Although not my all-time favorite character, he’s a major part of the Marvel Universe I grew up reading. I would wager my comics issues of the late 1980’s Beast Limited Series and same era X-Men and Defenders and Avengers runs (that often feature Beast), carefully sealed and preserved and even displayed on the wall in a few instances, are likely older than many of the folks on the forums.

Self-serving? Nah...that would be true if I’d
    tossed these dumps below into the mix. I actually like Beast as a character. But do continue reading my mind...

Dr. Zola
    So it wasn't because.....
    DrZola said:

My second 6* Beast dupe in the past week is plenty.

Dr. Zola

Gotcha
    DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

Actually, Beast is a classic Marvel character, original X-Man, Avenger, Defender and Illuminati and as such deserves better. Doesn’t have to be as exalted as other characters, but should be serviceable, even if only as a synergy partner.

Although not my all-time favorite character, he’s a major part of the Marvel Universe I grew up reading. I would wager my comics issues of the late 1980’s Beast Limited Series and same era X-Men and Defenders and Avengers runs (that often feature Beast), carefully sealed and preserved and even displayed on the wall in a few instances, are likely older than many of the folks on the forums.

tossed these dumps below into the mix. I actually like Beast as a character. But do continue reading my mind...

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Gotcha
    Didn’t say that didn’t sting. But the character deserves a much better turn given his place in the Marvel Universe.

Dr. Zola
    Sure. But also because you pulled him twice in the same week. Let's not try and hide the motive, be proud to join the masses of people who want something because it ultimately would make them feel better about their own pulls.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Gotcha
    Didn’t say that didn’t sting. But the character deserves a much better turn given his place in the Marvel Universe.

Dr. Zola
    Sure. But also because you pulled him twice in the same week. Let's not try and hide the motive, be proud to join the masses of people who want something because it ultimately would make them feel better about their own pulls.
    At some point of playing MCoC, every pull is a champ you already have in one form or another. The most recent pull is usually the one that garners the most focus.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume most people who play the game want to pull champs they can use in game.

What is unfortunate is when you pull champs you (a) like as characters in Marvel lore but (b) really can’t use in any meaningful game content. Suggesting those champs could and should be improved isn’t really controversial.

But do go on...

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Gotcha

Dr. Zola
    At some point of playing MCoC, every pull is a champ you already have in one form or another. The most recent pull is usually the one that garners the most focus.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume most people who play the game want to pull champs they can use in game.

What is unfortunate is when you pull champs you (a) like as characters in Marvel lore but (b) really can’t use in any meaningful game content. Suggesting those champs could and should be improved isn’t really controversial.

But do go on...

Dr. Zola
    Where did I ever say that it is controversial? Just that I love that these threads pop up whenever someone gets a pull they're not happy with. It's amusing to see every time at this point.

Just surprised it took 2 pulls in the same week, and not after the first one. Let's get some #JusticeForBeast on the second time though!
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Gotcha

Dr. Zola

But do go on...

Dr. Zola
    Where did I ever say that it is controversial? Just that I love that these threads pop up whenever someone gets a pull they're not happy with. It's amusing to see every time at this point.

Just surprised it took 2 pulls in the same week, and not after the first one. Let's get some #JusticeForBeast on the second time though!
    Your logic is flawed. I have a sig 40 nebula. I like her kit and she's been helpful to me. However, I think she'd be much better and up to par with Medusa if she had kit modifications. Am I wrong to ask for that? No. I like her as a charcater and I would constructively ask for modifications. Dr. Zola did just that, so there is no reason for these comments of yours. What exactly are you trying to prove here?
    What logic is flawed? That these posts always seem show up after a pull someone isn't happy about?

Or the logic that it took 2 of the same pulls in a week before the post came around?

I don't care either way if Beast gets a rework or not. I just find it amusing that these types of posts are made when someone is unhappy with something they just pulled. I don't think it's unreasonable to call that self serving, get a bad pull ask for a rework or a buff.
    ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Gotcha

Dr. Zola

But do go on...

Dr. Zola

Enough..enough! I’m sure I griped after the first Beast pull back whenever—in multiple chats if not here. I’m sure I complained about the first Beast dupe—just not here. Clearly, I should have remembered that “one-pull, one-gripe” forums statute of limitations.

You are correct about one thing: no one gripes about a bad champ they don’t own. The real inadequacies of “bad” or neglected champs become blatantly obvious when you pull them repeatedly and experiment with them only to realize (again) that they don’t help you in game.

Neglected champs like Beast are a significant MCoC issue—glad the team is doing something, but it should have been addressed a long, long time ago.

You’ve got a meta that keeps expanding at a rate only a small number of champs can keep up. The hole that exists is one the game team dug themselves.

Dr. Zola
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Beast is weak, but not among the worst in the mutant class, the synergy of Professor X and Apocalypse left many mutants that were useless in good champions, Mutant is the strongest class in the game.
    The champions that won the most buffs were the mutants, this year there is the Gambit that will have buffs, there must be a balance between the classes, the Mystic and Skill classes have not had any buffs yet, the Falcon will be the first in Skill.
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Gotcha

Dr. Zola

But do go on...

Dr. Zola

Your logic is flawed. I have a sig 40 nebula. I like her kit and she's been helpful to me. However, I think she'd be much better and up to par with Medusa if she had kit modifications. Am I wrong to ask for that? No. I like her as a charcater and I would constructively ask for modifications. Dr. Zola did just that, so there is no reason for these comments of yours. What exactly are you trying to prove here?
    What logic is flawed? That these posts always seem show up after a pull someone isn't happy about?

Or the logic that it took 2 of the same pulls in a week before the post came around?

I don't care either way if Beast gets a rework or not. I just find it amusing that these types of posts are made when someone is unhappy with something they just pulled. I don't think it's unreasonable to call that self serving, get a bad pull ask for a rework or a buff.
    I think it's quite the opposite. I don't think it's wrong to want your champs to at least be useable.
    Which is the definition of self serving.

But it's good to know that poking fun at these types of posts and calling them what they are is such a faux pas.

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Beast is weak, but not among the worst in the mutant class, the synergy of Professor X and Apocalypse left many mutants that were useless in good champions, Mutant is the strongest class in the game.
    The champions that won the most buffs were the mutants, this year there is the Gambit that will have buffs, there must be a balance between the classes, the Mystic and Skill classes have not had any buffs yet, the Falcon will be the first in Skill.
    Correct. Mutant has been the focus and Skill is long-suffering—champs like Falcon, Karnak, Kingpin, NFDD, Moon Knight are all crushing pulls. There are also quite a few Mystic that need attention, and the Groots, KKs and IPs of the world will need reworks, too.

All of which means Beast will be required to wait for things to come around again for any meaningful champion improvement. Maybe by then there will be special nodes clearable only by the “acrobatic” or “freestyle” attacks of my L40 6* and L120 5* Beasts.

Dr. Zola
    ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

ItsDamien said:

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Gotcha

Dr. Zola

But do go on...

Dr. Zola

I think it's quite the opposite. I don't think it's wrong to want your champs to at least be useable.
    Which is the definition of self serving.

But it's good to know that poking fun at these types of posts and calling them what they are is such a faux pas.
    Am I the only one who owns a Beast? I was under the impression he was widely available.

Beast owners of the Battlerealm unite?

Dr. Zola
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

jesus Damien give it a break

But it's fun to point it out ;(
    Wait. But doesn’t this mean that it’s self serving for you to be on this thread?
    He's actually not that bad. His damage issue was somewhat solved with the Elsa synergy which gives him a permanent fury after sp3 and his regen has always been pretty good. He does need to be high sig for it to be effective though. Some decent power control and survivability which is better than a lot of other duds. Heals from bleed too with coagulate. If I were to change him I'd make his bleeds stronger and give him more damage resistance but Professor X and Elsa might just be enough for him. Here's a showcase with just Elsa. (Keep in mind this is w/out suicides and deep wounds)

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

He's actually not that bad. His damage issue was somewhat solved with the Elsa synergy which gives him a permanent fury after sp3 and his regen has always been pretty good. He does need to be high sig for it to be effective though. Some decent power control and survivability which is better than a lot of other duds. Heals from bleed too with coagulate. If I were to change him I'd make his bleeds stronger and give him more damage resistance but Professor X and Elsa might just be enough for him. Here's a showcase with just Elsa. (Keep in mind this is w/out suicides and deep wounds)

Holy cow that's awesome!
    Thank you for this!
    Rookiie said:

Savage said:

Holy cow that's awesome!
    Thank you for this!
    I had a video showcasing his power control too but it's lost. I'm sure with Professor X he'd be even better at controlling power when needed.

Savage said:

That’s a great video. Nice!

What team did you use here? I trotted my 6* Beast out with Elsa, Mags, Colossus and someone else I can’t remember into 3.1 of UC. Took me 48 hits to clear Cap WW2 there so I think I’m missing a synergy.

Dr. Zola