**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ghost is #metal....but why though?

2»

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Shamir51 said:

Magneto cannot control Vibranium.

Magneto is the Master of Magnetism.

Vibranium isn’t a ferrous metal so it is not magnetic and thus cannot be manipulated by Magneto.

There is precedence for this in the comics, but as @will-o-wisp alluded to about about Ghost- movie and comic lore are not necessarily the be all and end all with regards to the game.

Yea this is correct, in the comics as well, Magneto could never manipulate pure vibranium.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

It's funny now that Metal is a useful tag and people can't use their favourite champs against 2 characters as well as they used to, instead of you know.... using someone else, they complain.

Also just look at her helmet and tell me that there's no metal. Glowing red eyes without the use of metals? Come on now.

Ant Man's eyes look like red-tinted glass. How do we know it's not a similar design? And even if it is metal, that's a really tiny part of Ghost. That's like making Deadpool #metal because he has a gun and swords
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    TRONG94 said:

ItsDamien said:

It's funny now that Metal is a useful tag and people can't use their favourite champs against 2 characters as well as they used to, instead of you know.... using someone else, they complain.

Also just look at her helmet and tell me that there's no metal. Glowing red eyes without the use of metals? Come on now.

Sharing opinions that are against what currently happen in the game is not always complaint, maybe ppl need clarification or conaistency of game mechanics. But many time questions arises I see the first one to come to complain about why ppl ask this or that is you. You complain a lot
    Yep, I complain about people who complain about the most pointless and stupid things because it doesn't fit what they want. If complaints disguised as opinions are fine, my opinions on complaints are also fine.

Also, I only put down really petty complaints, if you want to go through my entire comment history and see all the comments on posts that haven't been complaints about why things are the way they are in the game, you're more than welcome to see all the times I've genuinely tried to help people.

ItsDamien said:

Ant Man's eyes look like red-tinted glass. How do we know it's not a similar design? And even if it is metal, that's a really tiny part of Ghost. That's like making Deadpool #metal because he has a gun and swords
    We also don't know what the rest of her specially made suit is made up of either. They've also added metal tags to a bunch of characters who openly wield weapons, so I wouldn't be surprised if things got changed around some more. As it stands, Ghost is metal and that's not changing any time soon.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited September 2020

It’s okay if ghost isn’t the #1 answer for magneto. She’s the #1 answer for enough content that I think people will learn to live with it.

Why do people conflate this with complaining?

A) I dont use Ghost. I dont care.

B) Im the same guy that asked "is Hero Rating discrimnatory" because #villains arent represented. I dont exactly ask relevant questions

EDIT:
    That emoji should be the letter B and a ")" lol
  • KingKevinKingKevin Posts: 26
    ItsDamien said:

When did asking a question become complaining? OP literally asked a question but you are the one who seems to be complaining about this thread.... @ItsDamien
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    KingKevin said:

ItsDamien said:

When did asking a question become complaining? OP literally asked a question but you are the one who seems to be complaining about this thread.... @ItsDamien
    Where is the complaint in the quoted message. Let me know when you find it.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Ghost is metal in the game because Kabam wanted she to be. Plain and simple. What we have in the game is not a true representation of what they were in the comics/movies/mcu. Don't believe me? just take a look at thanos, phoenix, sentry hahaha.
  • AnndreyGoAnndreyGo Posts: 33
    Why is Ghost a #metal champ? Valid question.. Too bad you won't get an answer from Kabam that makes any sense
    Want to hear more good questions?
    This one is famous .. Why isn't Iceman immune to coldsanp and frostbite?
    Why isn't Ghost Rider immune to incineration and bleed?
    Why isn't Dormamu immune to incineration and bleed?
    Why Wolverine has ADAMANDIUM CLAWS but can't inflict bleed trough block (like squirrel girl ,seriously SQ nails are harder and deadlier then Wolverine claws!? :smiley: ) )or armour break for bleed immune champs !? (like Carnage)
    Why Thor isn't immune to shock ?
    Why doesn't Hulk consume and convert debuffs into Rage (like Kingpin) imo Hulk should have that mechanic not Kingpin
    Why Sentry is so lame ? :))) "The power of 1 MILLION SUNS" and he doesn't have a incineration mechanic or immunity:)) imo Sentry should be like Vision Arkus .. , he should have "Heat Field" around him or something like that
    Why this ? .. why that? :smiley:
    At the end of the day .. this is a game .. and most games don't make sense .. especially games with Superpowers

• MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Because 90% of Tech is #Metal
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Just an FYI metal doesn't have to be magnetic for magneto to control it. Remember he was able to move a coin which is not magnetic. With that being said in the Comics he still never could control Vibranium not sure why though.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★

Just an FYI metal doesn't have to be magnetic for magneto to control it. Remember he was able to move a coin which is not magnetic. With that being said in the Comics he still never could control Vibranium not sure why though.

Magneto controls Magneto
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★

I did a similar observation with sentinel and this is that Kabam answered.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    AnndreyGo said:

Why is Ghost a #metal champ? Valid question.. Too bad you won't get an answer from Kabam that makes any sense
    Why Wolverine has ADAMANDIUM CLAWS but can't inflict bleed trough block (like squirrel girl ,seriously SQ nails are harder and deadlier then Wolverine claws!? :smiley: ) )or armour break for bleed immune champs !? (like Carnage)
    Why doesn't Hulk consume and convert debuffs into Rage (like Kingpin) imo Hulk should have that mechanic not Kingpin
    Why Sentry is so lame ? :))) "The power of 1 MILLION SUNS" and he doesn't have a incineration mechanic or immunity:)) imo Sentry should be like Vision Arkus .. , he should have "Heat Field" around him or something like that
    At the end of the day .. this is a game .. and most games don't make sense .. especially games with Superpowers

first of all, Ghost Rider is and has always been been bleed immune. Not incinerate immunity tho.

Also Wolverine was one of the first characters introduced to the game, and if you pay close attention to all those very first champs - wolverine, storm, og spidey, iron man, og hulk, etc they all have very basic abilities and skills. If all of these characters were to be introduced in year 2020, Hulk would have bunch of immunities and be stronger and more powerful than Thing in game, etc etc.

• Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 848 ★★★★
    AnndreyGo said:

This coming from the guy that couldn’t work out why Corvus wasn’t get a persistent charge for beating Captain America WW2.

It’s clear that you need to spend a little less time spouting drivel on the forum and a little more time reading character bios. Maybe then you would have caught your errors above- Ghost Rider and Dormammu not being bleed immune as an example.