**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Whistle Blower! Mutant treasure island Bug

Anyone can get a key and go to any lane with gold reward, fight the 3 champs, collect Gold and before fighting the boss they can exit. Gold gets added immediately, they get the key back and now they can explore other paths. The gold disappears from the path next time you enter, but I have collected the gold and I still have a key.. Thought of letting you guys know to fix it.

Comments

• LeStMn92LeStMn92 Posts: 119
    Not all the gold, come on now. If you’re going to “whistleblow” at least get the facts right before reporting wrong.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,602 Guardian
    edited September 2020
    At least (edit: 4, lol) other posts have been made saying this.
    Gold is typically NOT an item that first goes into Quest Storage (where you have to finish in order to actually get it).
    As can be seen in other quests whenever you get Gold, it goes directly into Inventory even if you exit.

(maybe it should have been changed for this quest where Gold was made as a Path Reward, but evidently it wasn’t).

And as far as getting the Key back, yes, that it how it works if you cannot manage to beat that boss that time and instead decide to exit.
  • DariusYiDariusYi Posts: 171
    I tried this before. After getting the gold, it becomes chest icon on top right.
    And if I quit, i don't get the gold.
    I'm on android. Are you guys on ios?
  • DariusYi said:

I tried this before. After getting the gold, it becomes chest icon on top right.

I'm on Android too.. I was going for legendary crystal in tier 2, had 1 key so thought I'd explore the gold for now and when I get second key I'll grab the legendary crystal. Now I have the key, I have the gold (100k gold).
  • LeStMn92 said:

Not all the gold, come on now. If you’re going to “whistleblow” at least get the facts right before reporting wrong.

I tried one and got that. I recently read that alot of people got a 7 days ban for exploiting the content and I didn't want my account to be banned. Hence I reported without giving it a second try.
  • DariusYiDariusYi Posts: 171

DariusYi said:

I'm on Android too.. I was going for legendary crystal in tier 2, had 1 key so thought I'd explore the gold for now and when I get second key I'll grab the legendary crystal. Now I have the key, I have the gold (100k gold).
    I'm playing legendary. Tier 4 i think.
    It doesn't work that way.
    Maybe kabam puts restriction on higher tier and allowed the lower tier to have the gold.
  • DariusYi said:

I'm playing legendary. Tier 4 i think.
    It doesn't work that way.
    Maybe kabam puts restriction on higher tier and allowed the lower tier to have the gold.

This other post was from T-4 Legendary too (600k Gold)...
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/222932/mutant-treasure-island-bug

So you’re saying they fixed it since then (you didn’t get to keep it) ??
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 454 ★★★
    It's odd. The gold pickup on the left side acts as a regular chest-type one, but the one on the right side is added immediately. This is in Legendary quest.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Can we please have this issue addressed? I just want to ensure nobody gets banned for this glitch.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    No official response yet?
  • No official response yet?

Nope.
  • EeyoureEeyoure Posts: 14

Anyone can get a key and go to any lane with gold reward, fight the 3 champs, collect Gold and before fighting the boss they can exit. Gold gets added immediately, they get the key back and now they can explore other paths. The gold disappears from the path next time you enter, but I have collected the gold and I still have a key.. Thought of letting you guys know to fix it.

Turns out that instead of the gold being counted as an “item” the gold was labeled a “resource” on the HT path. Because of this it went to your gold inventory instead of your stash. I just made a post about this and saw other people were having the same issue and someone answered it on another. Thought you should know