**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Punisher 2099 buff question

Anyone know when we will get more info on his buff? Like maybe when we can see him in beta or some gameplay? Hoping his damage is insane!

Comments

• Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

I mean with higher numbers he could be really good. The kit is there, the numbers aren’t.

This.
  • DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
    edited September 2020
    I think the battery charging is absurd....it ramps you up to diddly poo. I’m not expecting much.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I’m hoping they give him more damage, ways to ramp up battery faster, and they do something about overdrive. Maybe change it to where the battery sits capped at 100% and overdrive can be triggered by dashing back and holding block.

With those things he would be very solid.
  • unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    It's just a tune up so prepare for disappointment
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★

It's just a tune up so prepare for disappointment

As long as they really buff the overdrive times and battery charge rate by a great amount, he could be really useful and awesome
  • I think battery mechanic's only should works for overdrive and his singular ability, i means when he activate overdrive use block and drain power without consume battery, this like other option apart of when oponent charge sp3. he should drain more power (25% minimun) and more damage. With something like that punisher 2099 would be great.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    I just don't see the utility being that great anymore even if his numbers go up. I mean look at Guardian,
    Hulkbuster, Guillotinee 2099 or Warlock. I get not every champ is going to be top tier but champs nowadays have so much utility that I just don't see how a tune up will bring P2099 into even the top half of tech champions. I hope I'm wrong, I really do, because I've got him as a 5* and I like the character. I think he probably needs an update rather than a tune up is all I'm saying.
  • ChincheyaChincheya Posts: 20

I just don't see the utility being that great anymore even if his numbers go up. I mean look at Guardian,
    Hulkbuster, Guillotinee 2099 or Warlock. I get not every champ is going to be top tier but champs nowadays have so much utility that I just don't see how a tune up will bring P2099 into even the top half of tech champions. I hope I'm wrong, I really do, because I've got him as a 5* and I like the character. I think he probably needs an update rather than a tune up is all I'm saying.

I think that even without an update he has a lot of potential:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/225968/my-hopes-for-the-punisher-2099-buff#latest

Also, I think that allowing him to start in Overdrive mode or close to it would be pretty great