**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Global chat is Chernobyl level of toxic. How do we clean it up?

DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
edited September 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
For example, there are users that constantly spam global. Usually don't mind. They can frequent whatever public forum they want as long as they arent hurting anyone. However, there are also way too many people using global as a dating service despite having kids on the game. Many of them do not get banned. Those who vent on global about their personal, suicidal tendencies are also a bit unsettling and remain on the chat.

But the final straw is seeing people not only stay on global for hours, but stay on there spewing racist insults. Kabam has managed to ban random words (sometimes even names of champions...) like "line", but cannot seem to ban people who use very obscene racial slurs.

If Kabam isnt reading all the reports, there should be some automatic system that weeds out repeat offenders based on how many times they attempt to use banned words. Or, if someone gets blocked/reported too many times, they get shot up the top of Kabam's list..like an offender ranking system. It's gotten to the point that people are threatening to doxx each other because theyre offended.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    2 words: Disable it
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Im probably not allowed to even say half the racist slurs i saw on this forum, but i do have screenshots. I can post them if Kabam says yes? Or at least DM to mods
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    As long as there is a chat, that will happen. You can't avoid it.
    So the only solution would be, to remove the chat from the game. Which will as well cause consequences
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★

Im probably not allowed to even say half the racist slurs i saw on this forum, but i do have screenshots. I can post them if Kabam says yes? Or at least DM to mods

You can't take action on other players through the forums, unfortunately. The only way is to report them and submit a ticket through support with screenshots. I have no idea if it works, but it's worth a shot.

So the only solution would be, to remove the chat from the game. Which will as well cause consequences

A variation of the "n word" isnt even banned. While I understand your point, there are just some things that could be rectified
  • SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020

A variation of the "n word" isnt even banned. While I understand your point, there are just some things that could be rectified
    These people will always find a way to cheat the system.... trust me I know

These people will always find a way to cheat the system.... trust me I know
    That's the thing though. They used regular symbols and letters without needing to alter the word. The system wasnt cheated. The system simply allowed it.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    That is what you get for mixing people with different cultures, upbringing, generation, and level of entitlement. The only time I used the global was when I was just stating out on this game and was looking for an alliance. Then, I figured that the forum was way more civil. But as you said, there are kids playing this game who'll see how disgusting reality is unprepared so an improvement is welcome.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Turn it off and it’s gone.

I only use it if I’m very, very (and I mean it) very desperate for a recruit. 99% fail rate tho.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

Well, that's more of a personal problem then. I understand that a lot of people get upset over some couple or words, but that isn't a reason to just "block it" from everyone else.
  • Mcoc_alMcoc_al Posts: 46
    It's kind of like saying I don't like people saying things I don't like, these things happen, it's bs and abhorrent but people will always say it. Kabam can't do anything about it. Any mor censorship our chat would be terrible
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    My blocked list is multiple hundreds of users. Just block and move on.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,659 ★★★★★
    DarthPhal said:

dot_ditto said:

Settings => Chat Enabled: Global (off) ..

;) works for me! heh

(but seriously, I hear your pain .. but unfortunately, the above is probably the best option available to you)
    welcome to the internet. O.o

The problem is this isnt just "the internet". Kabam has complete control of what can and cannot be said on a game filled with 5 year olds. Yet we still have people saying racial slurs (including "n word") without consequence...while I cant even say harmless words like "ick". There should be a better automated program for this
    Nobody should be allowing 5 year olds to play. The game is for 12 and up.
    Minor correction. It is 13.

• DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Someone needs to tell the App Store.

• EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    “Are threatening to doxx each”......what is doxx?

As for the rest: just....sigh......
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 380 ★★
    Lol I see so many people here telling him to disable/ignore/block the chats rather than supporting his cause. I think the biggest problem is that the people who are on forum are not standing up against evil. I think it is BIZZARE that people said "disable/ignore/block" with straight face and thinks this is normal. This is not normal or sensible in any community, specially in the community who's associated with Superheroes.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★

“Are threatening to doxx each”......what is doxx?

As for the rest: just....sigh......

Doxxing is the act of revealing people's personal details, such as street address, bank account details or email address, in public so that people can either go to their house and physically attack them, call the police on them to make false reports of crimes, scam them out of money etc.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 848 ★★★★
    My 8 year old son loves playing the game as he’s a huge Marvel fan.

I set up an account for him so he can mash buttons, open crystals etc.

Knowing what global is like, I’ve disabled all chat on his account.

If you’re a parent allowing your underage child to play the game and you’re worried about what they might read on global, disable it. That’s not to say that you condone, or agree, with what is being said but don’t see what else you can do.

Raising tickets does absolutely nothing. I sent in a ticket 3 months ago about a wildly inappropriate in game name- highly offensive to those of Jewish origin. That account is still active with the same name.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @DPXFistheGOAT if you really want to be on global just spend a few days blocking people it will then be better. Also it can be kind of funny seeing one sided conversations of people fighting with trolls you've blocked. I rarely go there anymore but the block feature definitely works. Also the F In DPXF always throws me off as I misread your name lol.
This discussion has been closed.