**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A Somewhat Unique Rank Up, But A Fun One Nonetheless

RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★

Well I did it. I took Storm X to R5. I know a lot of people were disappointed in her, but let me say this. I haven’t had this much fun with a champion in ages. I would honestly say she is better than Havok, in fact I have a Havok at R4 that I took her up over.

She can consistently hit 140k SP3’s as well as having a boatload of niche utility. In a fairly developed roster like mine, niche utility is what I’m looking for. Not mention just the fun aspect of the rank up.

In my opinion, people sleep on her because the only rotation you see used is either SP2’s or SP3 then SP2. This is not a good rotation for her. Because yes, her crit rate absolutely sucks. And she’s also incredibly flimsy. Although with the Act 6 nerf this might be less of an issue.

I’ve had an interesting relationship with this champion. I missed her in her first 4* featured arena, landing somewhere around 820, which stung. But I bounced back and got rank 25 in her second round. Took her straight to R5 as a 4* and had a lot of fun playing a round with her.

So when this featured came out, she was the primary reason I opened it. On my first crystal, as some of you may have seen, it rolled over from her to a cyclops, my 5th time getting him. That stung. But much like bouncing back in the second round of arena, I got her from my second featured crystal a few days ago. A day later she was R5.

Anyway, just wanted to brag a bit and share some of my thoughts on this champion. If anyone does pull her from this featured or in some other way, don’t sleep on her. Try an SP3 rotation. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    nice to see someone rank up someone for fun purposes
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★

You do get to a stage in your roster where that's pretty much why you rank up champs. It's nice.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

You do get to a stage in your roster where that's pretty much why you rank up champs. It's nice.
    that’s been my mentality since I started playing. I rank up for fun, regardless of how bad someone is. This is why I ranked up Falcon over Stealthy (though he’ll come later) because I enjoy him. If they’re good (like Quake) then it’s a nice bonus.

that’s been my mentality since I started playing. I rank up for fun, regardless of how bad someone is. This is why I ranked up Falcon over Stealthy (though he’ll come later) because I enjoy him. If they’re good (like Quake) then it’s a nice bonus.
    It's a good mentality to have. I wish I had realised it sooner. This is a game after all
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★

i hear you i rank up for fun as well and i havent had any issues in this game
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

unpopular opinion: I dislike meme tier champs. One of my favorite part about good champs is the big yellow numbers. I get sad when I see tiny white numbers. This is why I mostly rank up "god tier" champs
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    I wish I was at the level to rank up the fun champs. Mainly because I only get meme tier, but still.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    @Rockypantherx, what is your rotation with Storm X? I love playing the champ (took my 6* to R2) but haven't been seeing quite that level of damage and would love to adjust.

And I'm definitely in the boat of ranking for fun. Thats why my latest 6* R2 was Hulkbuster. Lots of folks seem to still not be impressed after his buff, but I find it a blast to just pound away with him now. Hulkbuster, Storm X, my 5/65 BWDO...these are the champs that have been a real joy to play, so they are the rank ups I chose.

@Rockypantherx, what is your rotation with Storm X? I love playing the champ (took my 6* to R2) but haven't been seeing quite that level of damage and would love to adjust.

And I'm definitely in the boat of ranking for fun. Thats why my latest 6* R2 was Hulkbuster. Lots of folks seem to still not be impressed after his buff, but I find it a blast to just pound away with him now. Hulkbuster, Storm X, my 5/65 BWDO...these are the champs that have been a real joy to play, so they are the rank ups I chose.

Literally just race to SP3. Charge the heavy and throw the special off mid animation. Because it’s the SP3 you don’t need to worry about landing the special. Just need to be aggressive. Your first SP3 will be weaker because you only have 1 tempest active but the second and any successive ones should be anywhere from 120k to 140k with 9-11 prowess and both tempests

Her crit rate is too low to rely on the SP2 for big damage. Imagine playing her like Havok.

And congrats on your Hulkbuster and White Widow. Hoping for a White Widow myself, would easily take her to R5, I love playing the 4*

• BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★

Do you have any tips on bwdo? I just pulled her from the featured and I'm wondering if the best rotation is sp3 -> sp2 in longer match-ups, or just spamming the sp2?
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I have found more overall success just spamming the SP2. If your intercept game is solid to keep up her Widow's Insight, you get tons of shocks for ongoing DOT, and then throwing that SP2 on a shocked opponent gives some beefy red numbers. She doesn't get the big yellow numbers some people want, but with relatively few shock immune champs she can really rack up the DOT damage.
  • BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    Thanks!
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    What you think
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

What you think

That you should quit reviving old threads

Texas_11 said:

What you think

Two months is old?
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

What you think

Two months is old?
    I there hasn't been any activity in it for more than a week it is old and you will only irritate people by reviving it.
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    I just got her as a six star the other day. Wondering if she's r2 worthy. She may be but I also have a 6* colossus who I could r2
  • unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★

unpopular opinion: I dislike meme tier champs. One of my favorite part about good champs is the big yellow numbers. I get sad when I see tiny white numbers. This is why I mostly rank up "god tier" champs
    lowlevelplayer is banned!!!
  • Nichj99Nichj99 Posts: 248 ★★
    Congrats on your rankup, but personally I find her very frustrating and don’t rate her highly. But different horses for different courses and as long as it brings fun to you in the game :)

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

What you think

Two months is old?
    I there hasn't been any activity in it for more than a week it is old and you will only irritate people by reviving it.
    If you post a new question someone says search the threads. Get out of here dude , if you aren’t interested don’t click.

Some people may not have had the opportunity to pull a storm X before she just got in the basic. So they will search to see results.

I just got her as a six star the other day. Wondering if she's r2 worthy. She may be but I also have a 6* colossus who I could r2

Honestly I would take them both up. Colossus is probably objectively better, but don’t discount Storm. She can do a lot of thing Colossus can’t
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

What you think

Two months is old?
    If you post a new question someone says search the threads. Get out of here dude , if you aren’t interested don’t click.

Some people may not have had the opportunity to pull a storm X before she just got in the basic. So they will search to see results.
    Search the thread and read not post a comment and revive it which is against forum rules and can get you jailed or even banned so instead of being snarky take the advice.
    Faseeh said:

@Rockypantherx Congratzz on r5 storm!! Did you get her recently?

Nah back in July, there’s got revived a few days ago