**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

When is Kabam going to fix Dr. Strange?

2»

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    F4k3_GaM3r wrote: »
    I've heard that they're planning on giving him iron Patriot hulkbuster ironmen magneto Kamala Khan antman she hulk Carnage a buff on September 31

I'm excited... I'm taking my 5* IP to r4...awesome. lol
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    You're not wrong that he could use a buff... but couldn't we say the same thing about a dozen or so other champions that also need updates?

Like all of the Ironmen, Hulkbuster, Colossus etc.

Some day though. They did eventually update Hulk and Rhino.
  • FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    You're not wrong that he could use a buff... but couldn't we say the same thing about a dozen or so other champions that also need updates?

I've seen this argument a lot, and I agree that lots of characters need buffs, but... What exactly is stopping kabam from buffing all of them? As long as they know what to change to make the character better, there's no reason not to change them at the first opportunity.
    Of course, buffing twenty characters at once would be overwhelming for players, but say they buffed 5 or so characters at a time over the course of a few months, giving players time in between to digest the changes and kabam time to react to player feedback. Would anyone object to that?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    SlyCat42 wrote: »

Yes, that's true but there will alway be bottom shelf champs. The problem is that at the time of the nerf a promise was made to the community that Strange would remain a top champ post nerf. They never promised that Spider Gwen would be good lol. It's hard to see this promise now as anything but a lie to calm the masses. Maybe it wasn't meant to be a lie. Maybe they believed that he would still be a top champ after the nerf. But he clearly isn't and they need to make good on the promise.
  • AshtontonicAshtontonic Posts: 63
    his power gain is poor than normal champs even with md level 4...its not a nerf, its an elimination, so where is the so call the players can use the champion they like thats why we balance thingy ?TK
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 843 ★★★
    You ever see mvinceable with Dr. Strange? He's fine. Just needs a good player on him.
  • BUNGALNGALBUNGALNGAL Posts: 110
    short answer, never. making changes to the good old doctor will not increase their revenue.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Yeah I mean compare him to the champs we have now and he does not seem OP back then there were only about 5 or 6 top champs which is why he seemed OP but with everything we have now and the fact that he will stay as a 4 star is fair so he should be given his old state back.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    Every champ cannot be top-shelf, but the team should work to give every champ a use in game: defense, glass cannon/attack, utility, synergy (on a side note, do synergies really even work that much in DRS?), power management, etc.

With the decision to change suicides over a year ago, one of the stated rationales was to eliminate the agony over pulling champs rendered near useless by willpower (Ant Man, BP, e.g.). Why not apply a similar rationale to some of the bottom half today? There's no need to destroy the top tier champs, but if the gap from bottom to top could close that would make for a more enjoyable game in my opinion. If you want a place to start, begin with the champs in the 5* crystal that need help--Luke, HB, IP, etc.

Dr. Zola
  • the6ththe6th Posts: 153
    Reverse the buff cycle, place hp steal at the beggining of the match :smiley:
  • i have dr. strange at rank 4 for defense. oh wait... that doesn't matter. so what do i use doc on now? he doesn't have to be a god again; JUST MAKE HIM VIABLE! in every marvel game that has him, he is not under powered. EVERY game with doc s has made him a god/viable. why should mcoc be the exception? what is good about doc now? specials are not used as much, armour break wont matter on fury sp2 cause regen wont be increased, sp2 on armor up is decent but doesnt do much damage and sp2 on life steal? you lot know what that is now... so doc only has decent attack for a few secs on fury/armor break? he needs a buff. not a massive one, just ANY BUFF! as a lot of people have said, it wont matter. a strong 4* will not matter when top tiers are going to be playing with 6*s and 5*s. it will be like them playing with 3*s agains alliance war, quest and end game. the only point where 3*s are used by them is end game content for a challenge. but that happens with a lot of champs. they are not noticed, right?
    just make him viable kabam, it will make us more than happy.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    I agree 100%, he was my favorite character in this game before the death of him. I still use him from time to time, he’s actually really good to use for Mordo lol constant power gain & his l3 completely gets rid of Mordo’s power gain lol
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    There was no need to fix him. They've already said they aren't going to make a 5 or 6 start version of him Thor or SW.

With 5 stars and 6 stars coming why waste time fixing a 4*?

Not having a 5 or 6* version of him or the others also makes no sense. It's called *MARVELS* Contest of Champions. Yeah let's just let completely discard the most important characters in the Marvel pantheon so I can have an awesome 6* Stilt-Man. Kabam is forgetting why we play this game!
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    BUNGALNGAL wrote: »
    short answer, never. making changes to the good old doctor will not increase their revenue.

What about the buffs to Hulk, Magik, Winter Soldier and Rhino (all old characters). Did that increase their revenue? I'm actually guessing yes - between the increased challenge to war (thereby more spending) and frankly the added enjoyment for players now pulling those characters. If they have happy players why is that a bad thing? Happy players play the game (and spend money!).
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Im sure they are collecting all that important data, although they may be finding it hard seeing as he is useless and seldom used for more that arena fodder.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    CoquiFongo wrote: »
    It seems to me they are just creating a disenfranchised player base. Ever since March DS has been worse than SG or IP. Kabam said they would look at him, and nothing changed, they haven't even come back to address all of the threads about his fall from grace.

According to the forums, reddit, and alliance chat this community is not happy with the way the game is going. And all the mods do are delete and censor threads.

We would like some answers. Why are SW and Thor still viable where DS is at most arena fodder? Why is AW still wonky and no word about changing it? The AI in AQ is super aggressive and intercepting things it shouldn't; IE since when can they use a L1 while I am mid combo on them.

Sorry to derail the DS thread some but I wanted to interject some constructive criticism for the mods to look at.

And if everybody was so unhappy about the way the game was going, there would be a game wide boycott going on right now, but there isn't, so all of the complaining you are hearing are people just whining for no reason or they have the entitlement complex and continue to play the game because,you know, entitlement
    edited September 2017
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Instead they just creating hyperion with crazy power gain. Give DS his power gain back. This is outrageous!!!!!

Right. You want to Nerf someone, Nerf the hell out of power gain on Hyperion. He is ridiculously op, and that opinion is based on the same reason they nerfed DS
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Don't worry they are fixing him with the Mephisto synergy /s
  • ralmadaralmada Posts: 191
    They nerfed Strange because of he was over powered, but now we have Hyperion. Can't the game have 2 or more over powered champions? Why not limit Hyperion's fury stacks as you did with Thor's armor break? Only newest champions can be over powered? What's the logic that justify these ****?
    These questions can be viewed as being against the forum rules and non-constructive, so please do tread carefully when replying. They have giving no responses as to his effectiveness so there is no reason to feel he isn't working as intended.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    These questions can be viewed as being against the forum rules and non-constructive, so please do tread carefully when replying. They have giving no responses as to his effectiveness so there is no reason to feel he isn't working as intended.

No disrespect but isn't it a little ironic you are preaching forums rules when your profile is in jail for breaking forum rules lol.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Dr. Strange has not been commented on since they said they were going to gather data before doing anything back in April. They aren't interested in buffing him.
    Sungj wrote: »
    No disrespect but isn't it a little ironic you are preaching forums rules when your profile is in jail for breaking forum rules lol.

None taking, Im in jail for a number of posts, but the one that sent them over the top was asking

"During his travels throughout the multi-verse for Gilly, did Dr. Strange happen to find his usefulness again? Or is that data still beyond the reach of our minds? Perhaps he stumbled upon regen that makes sense?"

So I wanted to make sure no-one else shared my fate. Trying to be constructive with my feedback that's all.
  • RetroRocksRetroRocks Posts: 67
    To me it seems to obvious.
    He has been usurped by Ghost Rider, why not bring them in line by buffing Dr Stange's health to that of Ghost rider (who has much stronger regen but can take longer to generate a health steal phase than Dr Strange, so a balanced choice between the 2 champs), and keeping his regen per hit to remain at the % of max health he currently steals during his health steal phase. Thereby regen per hit slightly increased and max health slightly increased vs his current state, as his reason he is pretty useless is he is just way too squishy to actually use in any end game content.
    His damage is pretty low outside the fury phase, so an increase to crit rate via a buff (so granting opposition MD power gain if used) to that of the fury phase increased crit rate, for a period of time after landing a heavy would also be great to mix up some play-style.

Biggest issue in the game is over-sized boosted attack defenders or AI champs with unavoidable damage (Magik, Dormammu, Iceman), which makes weak health champs like the Dr unusable against them. You enter the fight, you die, end, no skill can save you.... frustrating beyond words, no fun.
    Why not make him a counter to these abilities by adding in a limbo style state after he launches a lvl3? His fate seal is good but pretty weak vs better stagger champions like Hood , even juggy etc , so after launching a lvl3 special attack maybe he could enter a phase whereby he reverses all energy damage (so coldsnap, limbo, incinerate from Mephisto, degen from Dormy or cable etc) over the period of the last 3 of this cycling phases (so the last 27 seconds).
    Ie. If you are good enough to survive the first 30 seconds of a fight, and hold your power, you can reverse all the unavoidable damage you took to start again from scratch in a fair fight? It could have a cooldown phase of maybe 60 seconds so you dont just do it over and over, but have to choose your timing strategically.
    You still gotta buy potions to heal him up to start a fight to make him usable against this unavoidable damage for endgame stuff, just like kabam wants, but rather than those potions being a complete waste of time within the first 30 seconds of a fight of time when you die from just daring to enter the fight, you have a chance to keep on fighting?
    Kabam seem infatuated with unavoidable degen on boosted nodes, Dr S would be a form of counter, how cool!

Would make him such a fun counter to Magik with mystic dispersion.
    You'll give her power quickly, she'll hit limbo and hurt you, but do you risk giving her loads of power with a lvl3 to reverse the damage or keep on fighting and holding a bit longer, sounds fun to me.

I would enjoy this greatly and it would resurrect a dead very iconic champ.
    Thanks for reading.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    I see no changes to Nurse Strange anytime in the future
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    None of this changes the fact i still want Frank Strange to be a playable character....
    Any updates to fixing Dr Strange? Compared to these new champs, he is way under-powered and would fit in fine being put back the way he was.