**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Abyss Gulk has no metal tag

Pretty much the title.

I was running path 5 in the abyss and got to the third fight which is Gulk who I was planning to use Magneto for, but I noticed straight away he wasn't being magnetised. I checked his tags and there was no metal tag, even though he should have it now with the latest major update this month. It screwed up my whole game plan so I backed out but I forgot to take a screenshot.

There's probably other areas of the game where the metal tag hasn't been added yet so could you guys please look into that, I'm going to hold off on path 5 for now until it's fixed.

Comments

• No_Ægon_clubNo_Ægon_club Posts: 150 ★★
    Things like AOL LOL ROL don’t receive updates besides animations
  • ZahidZahid Posts: 49
    Ah I see, that's a bit annoying.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess I have to go with my plan B of Void for that Gulk haha
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    He’s mistaken about them not receiving updates to tags, they don’t get updated abilities. Magik in LoL is an example of this, she didn’t have the dimensional tag until she was updated after it was pointed out she was not triggering Blade’s Danger Sense.
    edited September 2020
    If that's the case then hopefully a mod sees this and can raise it to be fixed in a future update. I was so excited to use Magneto for that Gulk fight so hopefully I still can.

On an unrelated note, @CoatHang3r it's awesome that you replied to this. I watched your Abyss Killmonger takedown with Vision Aarkus not too long ago and you've got me very tempted to rank 5 my Vision for that fight!
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He should have it, animations and tags are updated, abilities aren’t, I think they’re coded differently so they have to add it separately, and they must’ve forgot
  • I'll check in with the rest of the team about this and get back to you all with what I find out once I have some more info.
  • Hey there everyone, I wanted to give you all an update on this. As it stands, we won't be adding the Metal tag to new Champions in the Abyss. For content like the Labyrinth or Abyss, content that is supposed to be the toughest content in the game when it is released, we try to not change it more than needed (outside of fixing bugs that pop up) in order to make sure that anyone who completes it experiences as close to the same content as possible.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Hey there everyone, I wanted to give you all an update on this. As it stands, we won't be adding the Metal tag to new Champions in the Abyss. For content like the Labyrinth or Abyss, content that is supposed to be the toughest content in the game when it is released, we try to not change it more than needed (outside of fixing bugs that pop up) in order to make sure that anyone who completes it experiences as close to the same content as possible.

Why did you change Cable’s sp1? Can you please ask the devs what happened there?
    That’s simple; and shown in the second post. Animations are ubiquitous/common/shared assets for champions, they do not create new animation sets for champions when they create new ability sheets for champions like those found in the abyss.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Kabam you’re acting like the change is to gulk, it’s not...he should be metal tagged and he’s not, that’s a mistake, you buffed magneto and so now we realised it, but the magneto buff is something we all welcomed, nobody can say it’s not fair that gulk is easier now because you buffed magneto, correct the ommission, it’s what you normally do, and it makes a LOT more sense
  • KevanproGKevanproG Posts: 307 ★★
    Magneto buff is still new it hasn't even been a month so I think you should change the tag kabam
  • WhatElseWhatElse Posts: 186 ★★★
    Does this approach make sense? It’s normal to have new champions available to beat old content in an alternative way (or even in a just better way). That was the case of Aegon. Not putting #metal tag on Gulk is not compatible with the rest of the content and loses the value of Magneto being a possible Abyss counter on those paths.
  • WhatElseWhatElse Posts: 186 ★★★
    By the way: Abyss Taskmaster faces the same #metal tag issue.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★

Hey there everyone, I wanted to give you all an update on this. As it stands, we won't be adding the Metal tag to new Champions in the Abyss. For content like the Labyrinth or Abyss, content that is supposed to be the toughest content in the game when it is released, we try to not change it more than needed (outside of fixing bugs that pop up) in order to make sure that anyone who completes it experiences as close to the same content as possible.

so in lol colosuss is not buffed?
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

so in lol colosuss is not buffed?
    No his animations have changed but are still his old abilities

That's very disappointing but I can't say I expected much. It's just two fights (he's on both my last 2 abyss paths) I thought I'd be able to have an interesting time using Magneto lol. Just wish there was some consistency in how you handle these changes. Also as @pseudosane mentioned, there is no way someone who doesn't check the forums to know this, and this could potentially cost someone loads of extra units trying to take on path 4 or 5 taking in what they naturally will assume to be a good counter.