**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing Event Quest: Blades

CUT TO THE CHASE

Doctor Strange is continuing his hunt for Guillotine, who last we heard had escaped the clutches of the Mad Titan, Thanos. Working with none other than the abandoned kin Gamora and Nebula, Strange works to track her down before it's too late. New threats are cropping up in The Contest however, and they could use your help in defeating these ghastly foes. Among these is Guillotine’s sworn nemesis Morningstar, who seeks to capture souls and deliver them to the devil himself.

Soulful and Sinful

Blade, Morningstar, and Mephisto have entered the Contest!. Blade has come to The Contest and begins his hunt for evil. Blade is incredibly effective against Dimensional Beings and can generate power when nearby bleeding opponents. His Signature Ability “Vampiric Immortality” allows him to use power to heal during a fight.

The next two Champions have a new unique feature called Persistent Charges. The function of Persistent Charges varies from character to character, but they act as stats that can be affected and tracked outside of a single fight, and give champions effects and bonuses based on this stat for the duration of an individual quest. This stat and bonuses are reset upon a quest's completion.

Morningstar unleashes her power after being contained for so many years. Empowered by Mephisto, she can capture the souls of enemies during fights and unlock new abilities for herself during a quest based on the amount of souls she has. On top of this, once a champion’s soul has been taken Morningstar receives bonuses against that champion for the remainder of the fight.

Mephisto has been summoned into The Battlerealm. Looking for his next deal to make and souls to take. Mephisto can capture the souls of defeated champions and use them to Regenerate himself when at low health. Mephisto can also activate an Aura of Incineration around himself to burn nearby opponents during a fight.

Would you like to make a deal?

This Event Quest has a new collectible currency called LOST SOULS. Summoners can collect LOST SOULS by defeating the final bosses in this Event Quest. LOST SOULS can be redeemed with Mephisto in a new store for exclusive SOUL BOOSTS which give the player new temporary abilities to aid them in their fights during BLADES. Shatter armor, reverse healing, and more! Check out the Featured Tab in the store to preview these Boosts. Make it quick, as these Boosts and LOST SOULS will only be around during this Event Quest.
--

Q&A

How long does this quest run for?
This quest will be starting on the 27th of September at ~10:00AM PDT and will run until November 1st at 10:00AM PDT. Those attempting Legends runs will have until October 11th at 10am PDT to 100% explore both Heroic and Master difficulties.

You must update to the new 15.1 Release to be able to see and participate in this quest.

Is there another way to get LOST SOULS besides defeating Event Quest Bosses?
There sure is, but not without a hefty price… When you log in after updating your game, you may notice a peculiar item in your inventory. This is your SUMMONER’S SOUL. Perhaps you’ll sell it for power, or perhaps you’ll choose to keep it. Depending on your choice, you’ll receive a unique Title at the end of the Event.

About these Boosts, can I use them wherever?
No you cannot. The Boosts you trade LOST SOULS are ONLY effective in this month’s Event Quest, and nowhere else. No use keeping them around if you got em’ because they’ll be going away after the October Event Quest is over.

How do I get the Legends title associated with this Quest?
The Legends title and rewards will be given to the 100 players who 100% explore HEROIC AND MASTER difficulties in Blades the fastest. Just like recent Event Quests, this quest will take advantage of the Time Attack system we’ve put in place for our Monthly Quest Legends Program. This means that the players that completely explore Heroic and Master difficulty the fastest within the first 2 weeks of the event being live will win the title. More information on that can be found here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/27/time-attack-legends-program

In addition to this distinction, these first 100 will receive the following rewards:
#1-5 - 3x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
#6-100 - 1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal--

Rewards

For completing and mastering all of the Beginner quests, you earn:
4000x Premium Crystal Shards (2x Crystals)
150x Units
900x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments
2x Generic Tier 1 Catalyst
2x Generic Tier 2 Catalyst
15x Tier 3 Generic ISO
18x Tier 2 Class ISO (3/each class)
1x Daywalker Title

For completing and mastering all of the Normal quests, you earn:
1x 3-Star Guillotine
5000x Premium Crystal Shards (2.5x Crystals)
2000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (1x Crystal)
150x Units
2700x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments
1x Alpha Catalyst
3x Tier 2 Generic Catalyst
5x Tier 3 Generic ISO
7x Tier 4 Generic ISO
30x Tier 2 Class ISO (5/each class)
1x Daywalker Title

For completing and mastering all of the Heroic quests, you earn:
4000x Premium Crystal Shards (2x Crystals)
3x Premium Hero Crystals
1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
800x 4-Star Crystal Shards (40% of a Crystal)
1000x 5-Star Crystal Shards (10% of a Crystal)
150x Units
18000x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments (50% of a Catalyst)
1x Alpha Catalyst
2x Tier 3 Generic Catalyst
12x Tier 4 Generic ISO
30x Tier 3 Class ISO (5/each class)
1x Daywalker Title

For completing and mastering all of the Master quests, you earn:
3x Premium Hero Crystals
1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
6000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (3x Crystals)
2000x 4-Star Crystal Shards (100% of a Crystal)
1500x 5-Star Crystal Shards (15% of a Crystal)
150x Units
3x Alpha Catalyst
1x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst
3600x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragments (10% of a Catalyst)
25x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal
10x 4-Star Signature Stone Crystals
5x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals
1x 1x Iron Made Title

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    So are 6*s our opponents? If not where will they show up? As they are being introduced in Oct?!
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    So are 6*s our opponents? If not where will they show up? As they are being introduced in Oct?!

Guessing it will be 6* which is why we need boosts lol
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★

6-Stars will not be making their premiere in this Event Quest, but you will see them at some time this month!

Also, that does not mean that Act 5 Chapter 4 is coming this month :tongue:

My Man! Cheers mate
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    So status quo here. Nothing new, move along.
  • So Act 5 chapter 4 will have 6*? Also, t2 alphas need to be increase... this 3600 every month is getting old.
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★

6-Stars will not be making their premiere in this Event Quest, but you will see them at some time this month!

Also, that does not mean that Act 5 Chapter 4 is coming this month :tongue:

This month is over Saturday...

Well played
  • LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 291 ★★★
    Please do another side quest. It's so boring getting new content, 100%ing heroic and master in the first two days and then being bored for the rest of the month.

Also these soul things (that I think you introduced last year for the GR event) are pretty bland and useless for the most part, as most players can do it with 3 stars. But I'm looking forward to testing their usefulness on my second lower level account.

Rewards, the same. Meh.

Also, 3 star guillotine again? Didnt we have her in a past month, could at least put a newer champion instead of one we've already had.

Bit peeved off about how the schedule for new event quests have changed(?) as now all the energy refills I purchased when the 6 for 150 deal was on are now going to expire right when the quest will begin.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    So, about these new heroes with Persistent Charges...

...if they are on AW defense, do they accumulate these charges the more attackers they defeat?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    Wow im thuget we wil see more aplha But stil No only from priz Thah we ikows kabam.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    So this ability to carry souls and such on to other fights, and the ability to purchase different boosts seems like it could lead to bigger things. Is this a test platform for that dreaded "G" word? When will Champion Spotlights come out?
  • King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 208
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    So, about these new heroes with Persistent Charges...

...if they are on AW defense, do they accumulate these charges the more attackers they defeat?

I was just thinking the same thing, if I use on AW attack does this mean every night crawler, spiderman, dormammu I fight and beat will I get a boost against the next? If so that would be sweet make those fights even faster. lol
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    So Mike subtly confirming new event quest this month like past challenges where 6*s will be introduced.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    Can we reevaluate the heroic champ choice going forward?

A suggestion would be since you offer one (normally 3*) champion with the monthly login crystal, why not offer the other as a Heroic exploration prize if you are unwilling to drop the exploration requirement for Master???

This would take some vet players out the 3* arena which helps new players who actually need the 3*, and it would still let us get someone new.

I have other complaints but I will stick with this as a suggestion for now.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    People, the Lost Souls items are not like Gears, or an intro to Gears, they had them last year with Ghostrider. It's little buffs for the event quest, and that's all.
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    So Lost Souls items you can buy sounds a lot like Gear...

Actually it sounds exactly like the Ghost Rider boosts (don't remember what they were called) last year. Gave you boosts, along with random buffs I think, and was only available to be used in the event quest.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Can we reevaluate the heroic champ choice going forward?

A suggestion would be since you offer one (normally 3*) champion with the monthly login crystal, why not offer the other as a Heroic exploration prize if you are unwilling to drop the exploration requirement for Master???

This would take some vet players out the 3* arena which helps new players who actually need the 3*, and it would still let us get someone new.

I have other complaints but I will stick with this as a suggestion for now.

This is a good idea. It gives vets a chance to play with the new champs and like you said gives the newer players a chance to get 3* they need. And the most important thing is it would not unbalance the game.