**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Crystal Update - Nexus Chance Addition

Comments

• Pauly said:

The last Blade feature crystal had 20% chance to acquire a 5* Blade, before they changed the drop rates.... i opened over 20 of these crystals (saved forever) and not 1 5* blade, so what are the REAL chances of getting nexus crystal? Highly unlikely. And if you do obtain one it would more likely be a choice between juggs, og spidey, and maybe DD, or some other ****.
    I do like these worthless little announcements that mean nothing as it makes it easier to quit the game. Keep up the great work kabam, i hope you pay people big dollars to come up with these brilliant ideas.

I agree. I too like these announcements if it makes it easier for people who have obvious disgust for the game to just quit. Quit playing, quit talking about the game, and go find something that you will actually enjoy. Why torture yourself, and why spread negativity to others, over something you dislike to that degree?

Treat yourself better than that.
  • Cody4prezCody4prez Posts: 17
    RakeYoung said:

@DNA3000 I typically trust you’re posts cause you’re very assertive in your statements.

I’m a dumb guy and high school drop out, so with that in mind is this a coin flip within a coin flip for it to be a Nexus or are they separate odds?

Cause they way it reads in the in game mail, to a simple guy like myself it says it’s reducing the 1% chance to 0.8% and allotting 0.2% chance for a nexus and that to me reads as separate odds for a pull.

To keep it simple, did the chance to get a 3 or 4* increase? No. Those odds remain the same. So to think we are getting screwed on our already razor thin chance to get a 5/6* is ridiculous.

With that said, this is not much of an upgrade at all. They should have eliminated the 3* pulls all together from the cavalier crystals. For us to sirens 200/300 units to dupe a 3* and get 55 4* shards abs a few iso is beyond outdated.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Cody4prez said:

RakeYoung said:

@DNA3000 I typically trust you’re posts cause you’re very assertive in your statements.

I’m a dumb guy and high school drop out, so with that in mind is this a coin flip within a coin flip for it to be a Nexus or are they separate odds?

Cause they way it reads in the in game mail, to a simple guy like myself it says it’s reducing the 1% chance to 0.8% and allotting 0.2% chance for a nexus and that to me reads as separate odds for a pull.

To keep it simple, did the chance to get a 3 or 4* increase? No. Those odds remain the same. So to think we are getting screwed on our already razor thin chance to get a 5/6* is ridiculous.

With that said, this is not much of an upgrade at all. They should have eliminated the 3* pulls all together from the cavalier crystals. For us to sirens 200/300 units to dupe a 3* and get 55 4* shards abs a few iso is beyond outdated.
    How are you getting screwed? The chance to get 5* remains same. Doesn't matter you get it directly from Cavalier crystal or a nexus crystal.
  • paulosrmpaulosrm Posts: 29
    Of course they had to split the chance of getting a half-decent crystal, cause actually increasing 0.3 to 1% on that chance would break the game...

But seriously, solo crystals update: is it gonna happen? Masteries cost update / mechanic, will it happen? Those are the exciting news I'm waiting for.
  • Can you clarify that the actual probability of getting a 4* from PC? Not including the 1% Nexus crystal? ( I am using the PC as my base of questions)

Is it actually the chances Of pulling 4* from PC after updating, = 3% ordinary 4* +1% Nexus 4*?

And the 1% pulling a Nexus 4* is 1% of all prices? Or just 1% of the 4* price?

If, according to your saying, that is, if we pull a 4* from PC, we have 1/4 chance getting a Nexus. But, i doubt that because you said it’s 1% chances pulling a 4*. Obviously, you should sell your new chances like this:

1% 4* Nexus Crystal
    3%. 4* champion

Am I right?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Can you clarify that the actual probability of getting a 4* from PC? Not including the 1% Nexus crystal? ( I am using the PC as my base of questions)

Is it actually the chances Of pulling 4* from PC after updating, = 3% ordinary 4* +1% Nexus 4*?

And the 1% pulling a Nexus 4* is 1% of all prices? Or just 1% of the 4* price?

If, according to your saying, that is, if we pull a 4* from PC, we have 1/4 chance getting a Nexus. But, i doubt that because you said it’s 1% chances pulling a 4*. Obviously, you should sell your new chances like this:

1% 4* Nexus Crystal
    3%. 4* champion

Am I right?

The rate of pulling a 4* in your example hasn't changed. Within the 3% of a 4*, you have a 0.6% chance of that 4* being a Nexus.
    Pulyaman said:

DNA3000 said:

Pauly said:

The last Blade feature crystal had 20% chance to acquire a 5* Blade, before they changed the drop rates.... i opened over 20 of these crystals (saved forever) and not 1 5* blade, so what are the REAL chances of getting nexus crystal? Highly unlikely. And if you do obtain one it would more likely be a choice between juggs, og spidey, and maybe DD, or some other ****.
    I do like these worthless little announcements that mean nothing as it makes it easier to quit the game. Keep up the great work kabam, i hope you pay people big dollars to come up with these brilliant ideas.

I agree. I too like these announcements if it makes it easier for people who have obvious disgust for the game to just quit. Quit playing, quit talking about the game, and go find something that you will actually enjoy. Why torture yourself, and why spread negativity to others, over something you dislike to that degree?

I am seeing an obvious shift in your posts after becoming a Guardian. Don't know if its good or bad though. As far as this update goes, hardly worth the discussion that is seems to have spawned. If they has decreased the chance to pull 3 star by 0.2% and shifted that to nexus, it would have been received better. Splitting a already slim chance for a 6 star to give an even slimmer chance for a nexus does not make it better or worse.
    It's not split though. It's still 1%. Of that 1%, there's a 0.2 chance of it being a Nexus. Whether just a 6* or a 6* Nexus, it's still 1% chance. As for significant, I wouldn't say that. Although I suspect that's intended. Making them too much more attainable contradicts the actual RNG aspect of the game.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

DNA3000 said:

Pauly said:

I am seeing an obvious shift in your posts after becoming a Guardian. Don't know if its good or bad though. As far as this update goes, hardly worth the discussion that is seems to have spawned. If they has decreased the chance to pull 3 star by 0.2% and shifted that to nexus, it would have been received better. Splitting a already slim chance for a 6 star to give an even slimmer chance for a nexus does not make it better or worse.
    It's not split though. It's still 1%. Of that 1%, there's a 0.2 chance of it being a Nexus. Whether just a 6* or a 6* Nexus, it's still 1% chance. As for significant, I wouldn't say that. Although I suspect that's intended. Making them too much more attainable contradicts the actual RNG aspect of the game.
    It is not making it attainable, 1% is still a bad chance and 1.2% does not actually make it better unless you open 100s of crystals. Considering the 6 star pool, odds of pulling a champ you won't cry over is even slimmer. It's RNG inside RNG inside a bigger RNG.
  • Jer21Jer21 Posts: 2
    This change would be nice if they would drop the stupid 3* from the Cavalier crystal. There is zero reason for them to be in there. The hard work people put in to become Cavalier in first place makes getting a 3* a slap in the face. Change that first then add the nexus or do them at same time.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

DNA3000 said:

Pauly said:

It is not making it attainable, 1% is still a bad chance and 1.2% does not actually make it better unless you open 100s of crystals. Considering the 6 star pool, odds of pulling a champ you won't cry over is even slimmer. It's RNG inside RNG inside a bigger RNG.
    It's not 1.2. It's 1% for a 6*, same as it was. Within that 1%, you have a small chance of that 6* being a Nexus. As for that chance you'll pull one you won't cry over, the Nexus is one of the ways they're allowing us to have a say in that. It's not really supposed to change the Crystals in a groundbreaking way. Dual Class Crystals are one way they've allowed more options. Nexus Crystals are very rare. Some of the ideas people were putting out there....make every Crystal a Nexus, sell them for 15k a pop, etc.....weren't even close to reasonable. Bottom line is this is a game with a reward structure based on RNG.
  • Good
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Just wondering if this change applies to shard crystals. Been hoarding my premiums for some time, and wanted to open them for iso until I saw this announcement.
  • PorkeyPorkey Posts: 6
    Sorry but that’s pointless In all the years I’ve played this game I have never pulled a 5* from grandmaster these tweaks are a joke how can anyone get excited that’s why I stopped buying crystals
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

DNA3000 said:

Pauly said:

It's not 1.2. It's 1% for a 6*, same as it was. Within that 1%, you have a small chance of that 6* being a Nexus. As for that chance you'll pull one you won't cry over, the Nexus is one of the ways they're allowing us to have a say in that. It's not really supposed to change the Crystals in a groundbreaking way. Dual Class Crystals are one way they've allowed more options. Nexus Crystals are very rare. Some of the ideas people were putting out there....make every Crystal a Nexus, sell them for 15k a pop, etc.....weren't even close to reasonable. Bottom line is this is a game with a reward structure based on RNG.
    I meant that if they take out 0.2% out of 3 star and made it as a chance for nexus, it would be 1.2% for a 6 star out of cav, the 0.2 being nexus. Making that change suddenly does not make 6 stars more available or make RNG any less in game. Considering the 6 star pool, odds are stacked against you to get a champ that people are happy about. That was what I was replying to. I know how the new update works, thank you.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

DNA3000 said:

Pauly said:

I meant that if they take out 0.2% out of 3 star and made it as a chance for nexus, it would be 1.2% for a 6 star out of cav, the 0.2 being nexus. Making that change suddenly does not make 6 stars more available or make RNG any less in game. Considering the 6 star pool, odds are stacked against you to get a champ that people are happy about. That was what I was replying to. I know how the new update works, thank you.
    I thought you misunderstood. My mistake. As for your suggestion, an extra .2% isn't a large change, but there's a few aspects to the idea of increasing it. The first is the rate over time. For someone who buys them now and then, no. Not much difference. For the rate they become available in the game, that's another story. The more you increase the Drop Rate, the more you add accessibility in an area that's already more accessible for those who are Cavalier, even more so with Cavalier EQ added, Legendary EQ, and now Shards in Incursions. Not to mention the more you increase the rate, the more tempting they are for people to buy, and they're not a replacement for playing. As most of us are already aware, once you hit Cavalier, it's easy to get caught up in buying them. Then there's the precedence. .2% opens the discussion to more and more, and the more you consider increasing it, the more it affects the game. We already have an availability that's to the point where people value them less and less and are more focused on T5CCs. Would .2 break the game? I don't believe so. It just opens more things up than an extra few Champs. In terms of what people are happy about, frankly that's a personal situation, some are happy with different situations. As a general overview, if people are waiting for the same few Champs, they're going to be miserable with anything else. Which happens more often than not. The more narrow you focus what you want, the greater the chances of getting what you don't.
  • Blaine_94Blaine_94 Posts: 31
    Nice, but I think it was time to improve the probability to get a 6* from cavalier crystals.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    at least you should make more percentage for the 5* nexus like 5%
  • TensioTensio Posts: 170
    I’m disagree about the excitement of kabam about this announcement. It’s a minor change that doesn’t affect the percentage of the crystals. Only adds an option to a nexus one, which it’s not bad but can’t be announced as big change.
    If you can not increase the %, substitute all for nexus options. Same probability of a 3*,4*, 5* or 6* but at least you can choose between 3 options of champs.