**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What’s the purpose of even having a showdown leaderboard when it isn’t even updated every 24 hours?

SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Ok, so the leaderboard isn’t updated in real time but every 24 hours. But what’s the purpose of even having it in the first place when the daily updates are not adhered to? This issue is now getting to a point where it’s endemic, week-in week-out the irregularity of updates always pops up.

We as competitors deserve to know where our fellow competitors stack up so we can make appropriate adjustments to gain faster times when needed. Being kept in the dark deprives us of the information to know if we should use our limited free time for more attempts. Granted, there are those who would perform many more attempts regardless of being kept up to date on the timings, but I’d rather use my weekend for other stuff other than just grinding without any “time to beat” target.

Comments

• SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    Piece of advice to Kabam, learn from this and make sure it doesn’t happen again in the next tourney...
    @Kabam Miike this is getting to a point where it’s bordering on the absurd, I’m sure @OneManArmy would agree
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    24 hours my but, based on the current scores I have a to score since Wednesday. I also want to point out last weeks winner’s own feed of the winning time was longer than the time kabam claims
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Next time they should just not have a leaderboard. Problem solved.
  • Yeah true. This is still a new thing for them and the leaderboard had issues from the start. This whole thing is a learning experience
    edited September 2020
    And this lack of transparency is highly disturbing for a competition of this stature; take for instance my current position: I’ve been leading Asia since the beginning of week 3, and I wouldn’t be surprised if all of a sudden when the new update is pushed by Monday from the looks of it, that I’ll suddenly be in 2nd position.

Simply put, this is an issue of accountability, we as competitors have every right to know where we stand per day since that was the whole purpose of the leaderboard.

Yeah true. This is still a new thing for them and the leaderboard had issues from the start. This whole thing is a learning experience

Apparently it takes a rocket scientist to do a simple leaderboard update... isn’t this supposed to be automated whereby times are recorded and the data organized accordingly by a CPU?

Jeez a lot of trolls came by here. Does anyone really feel that wanting a leaderboard updated when they say it should be updated is too much to ask for? Ive been in contact with support and they claim that its been updated every day every week which those of us following it knows is not even remotely true

So many ignorant and immature people here disliking such a logical argument, tsk tsk