**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Warlock Vs Guillotine 2099

Comments

• Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    if you screw up with guillotine at low health she's most probably dead.She is a glass cannon.
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    edited September 2020
    Guillotine 2099
    By the way Warlock main source of damage comes from sp2 while Gully99 doesn't need to fire off sp because each basic hit deals great damage already.

For suicide users Gully99 is certainly better. No need to use sp unless to end the fight is extremely helpful. And you can't underestimate her non crit hits, for many fight it's a decisive factor.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

I prefer Guilly to warlock by miles and miles! I don't care if warlock can heal block, because that's his major trick. Can he lifesteal effectively? No. Can he do labyrinth or farm you potions in RoL? No. Can he do spiked armor, and the other crappy nodes that punish you for critting? No. Can he fight a lot of cosmics like venom effectively? No. Can he control power with his basic attacks without needing to throw specials or block non-contact attacks (a super niche ability, by the way)? No, he can't. How does he fare against a high attack Havok on, say, crumbling armor, enhanced power gain and extinction protocol? Guilly does it WAY better.
    I get that warlock has almost all the utility abilities you can think of, but outside of heal countering, they're just so niche.

When it comes to Regen, he only has it on his SP 3, gaining about 5% per infection. Guess what? Guilly can Regen 40% of her health just by entering the fight below 15% health. Just put on a 20% revive, a few blocked hits, Regen to 55%, put on your stability function for the subsequent fights, and just like that, you're golden!

It's all preferences at the end of the day, and I believe people place warlock a bit too highly.
    I've used both characters extensively, and I have to say, I'm not overly impressed by warlock. But Guilly has surprised me to the point of singlehandedly doing so much content I never even dreamed of doing within a matter of a week!

Nevertheless, these 2 champs are OP, and have a lot of similar abilities. But outside of heal countering (which guilly can easily outdamage), she does everything else better than Warlock (whose abilities are way too niche for my liking).

To be sincere when it comes to G99 vs Warlock I think people are just being biased, I don't see a reason to like warlock over g99,and trust me I have both of them, She does everything with ease, in AQ she can do all the fight with ease without needing any other teammate if you pass the right path, warlock can never do that.
    I think the reason people dont give her credit is the fact that they always want to keep the combo meter and we all know how easy it is to lose combo meters or how it won't work in short fights,without her combo meter up,she is still a beast,she still has a crazy load of utility and her damage is still very much OK.
    With the combo meter up, she has one of the best if not the best damage in the whole game.

Am sure with time people will understand all that I am saying and give her due credit
    You are very right, Holros. And as a matter of fact, G2099 is actually one of the easiest champs to keep a combo with, as she's one of the only ones till this date to be able to do backdraft intercepts from a blocked hit (albeit, this takes a lot of practice to master). She also has a massive reach on her light attacks, so she is very easy to get openings with. Her specials also have short reaction times, so if you mistakenly threw one into your opponent's block, you can quickly retaliate. Not to mention the digicloak, sig ability combo shield, heavy attack combo shield, self repair if you screw up and medium attack lifesteal to cover your health needs.

Such a well-rounded character that is severely underrated. People don't know, they just don't know...

Besides, 100 hits isn't the hardest thing to reach in the world, especially considering the fact she has 9 hits on her SP 2, yet people still complain endlessly that her build up is "tedious", smh.
    If she’s one of your only good champions I can see how you would gush over her but in a developed roster you’ll often have another option that does what she does with less caveats.

That’s where she sits with me, I’ve not got the biggest roster in the world, pushing 700k, but I’ve more frequently than not got better, quicker or certainly less fussy options to use so she just sits there. It’s not as if I’m not clearing content and she’s the answer under my nose that I don’t know how to use either, frankly I haven’t needed her much at all so far with act 6, LOL in the bag and variants close to all being 100% (well, maybe not v1 😂). Where I have used her has been as just another immune champ when roster is stretched or I ramp her up once to hit a boss with damage like cav apocalypse. Maybe late act 6 exploration she becomes more useful, certainly I’m not closing the door on using her.

Warlock is more flexible and easy to use for most people as seen in the poll. This doesn’t mean she doesn’t have enormous potential, just not everyone likes using her or needs to use her, despite knowing what she can do. Don’t kid yourselves that everyone benching G99 is doing so in ignorance.

• JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 785 ★★★
    I don’t have either champ, but it’s interesting to see people favor utility over damage when most of the time “big yellow numbers” and a moderate amount of utility are what seem to be considered best.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    JChanceH9 said:

I don’t have either champ, but it’s interesting to see people favor utility over damage when most of the time “big yellow numbers” and a moderate amount of utility are what seem to be considered best.

Well I guess it's like people that value Ghost over Quake cause Ghost can "Finish fights faster". But Quake has more utility than any other champ in this game. I'd rather have the more versatile one than the one that can finish some fights faster. And Warlock's damage is still way more than enough to make him usable in endgame content.
    Warlock
    Etjama said:

JChanceH9 said:

Well I guess it's like people that value Ghost over Quake cause Ghost can "Finish fights faster". But Quake has more utility than any other champ in this game. I'd rather have the more versatile one than the one that can finish some fights faster. And Warlock's damage is still way more than enough to make him usable in endgame content.
    I think we disagree only in the case of domino and quake.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Love em both have them both 5/65 and a 6* guilly personally I like g2099 more, they both have their pros and cons, they are both amazing for different situations.
    Warlock

Etjama said:

JChanceH9 said:

I think we disagree only in the case of domino and quake.
    Lol, cool.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Guillotine 2099
    Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

I prefer Guilly to warlock by miles and miles! I don't care if warlock can heal block, because that's his major trick. Can he lifesteal effectively? No. Can he do labyrinth or farm you potions in RoL? No. Can he do spiked armor, and the other crappy nodes that punish you for critting? No. Can he fight a lot of cosmics like venom effectively? No. Can he control power with his basic attacks without needing to throw specials or block non-contact attacks (a super niche ability, by the way)? No, he can't. How does he fare against a high attack Havok on, say, crumbling armor, enhanced power gain and extinction protocol? Guilly does it WAY better.
    I get that warlock has almost all the utility abilities you can think of, but outside of heal countering, they're just so niche.

When it comes to Regen, he only has it on his SP 3, gaining about 5% per infection. Guess what? Guilly can Regen 40% of her health just by entering the fight below 15% health. Just put on a 20% revive, a few blocked hits, Regen to 55%, put on your stability function for the subsequent fights, and just like that, you're golden!

It's all preferences at the end of the day, and I believe people place warlock a bit too highly.
    I've used both characters extensively, and I have to say, I'm not overly impressed by warlock. But Guilly has surprised me to the point of singlehandedly doing so much content I never even dreamed of doing within a matter of a week!

Nevertheless, these 2 champs are OP, and have a lot of similar abilities. But outside of heal countering (which guilly can easily outdamage), she does everything else better than Warlock (whose abilities are way too niche for my liking).

To be sincere when it comes to G99 vs Warlock I think people are just being biased, I don't see a reason to like warlock over g99,and trust me I have both of them, She does everything with ease, in AQ she can do all the fight with ease without needing any other teammate if you pass the right path, warlock can never do that.
    I think the reason people dont give her credit is the fact that they always want to keep the combo meter and we all know how easy it is to lose combo meters or how it won't work in short fights,without her combo meter up,she is still a beast,she still has a crazy load of utility and her damage is still very much OK.
    With the combo meter up, she has one of the best if not the best damage in the whole game.

Am sure with time people will understand all that I am saying and give her due credit
    You are very right, Holros. And as a matter of fact, G2099 is actually one of the easiest champs to keep a combo with, as she's one of the only ones till this date to be able to do backdraft intercepts from a blocked hit (albeit, this takes a lot of practice to master). She also has a massive reach on her light attacks, so she is very easy to get openings with. Her specials also have short reaction times, so if you mistakenly threw one into your opponent's block, you can quickly retaliate. Not to mention the digicloak, sig ability combo shield, heavy attack combo shield, self repair if you screw up and medium attack lifesteal to cover your health needs.

Such a well-rounded character that is severely underrated. People don't know, they just don't know...

Besides, 100 hits isn't the hardest thing to reach in the world, especially considering the fact she has 9 hits on her SP 2, yet people still complain endlessly that her build up is "tedious", smh.
    If she’s one of your only good champions I can see how you would gush over her but in a developed roster you’ll often have another option that does what she does with less caveats.

That’s where she sits with me, I’ve not got the biggest roster in the world, pushing 700k, but I’ve more frequently than not got better, quicker or certainly less fussy options to use so she just sits there. It’s not as if I’m not clearing content and she’s the answer under my nose that I don’t know how to use either, frankly I haven’t needed her much at all so far with act 6, LOL in the bag and variants close to all being 100% (well, maybe not v1 😂). Where I have used her has been as just another immune champ when roster is stretched or I ramp her up once to hit a boss with damage like cav apocalypse. Maybe late act 6 exploration she becomes more useful, certainly I’m not closing the door on using her.

Warlock is more flexible and easy to use for most people as seen in the poll. This doesn’t mean she doesn’t have enormous potential, just not everyone likes using her or needs to use her, despite knowing what she can do. Don’t kid yourselves that everyone benching G99 is doing so in ignorance.

Hey genius, you know what you said in the first paragraph could he said about warlock right? Also, by "developed roster", you basically mean a close to endgame player right? Well guess what? That's pretty much who a high level G2099 is meant for. She's not for the weak of heart, or the non-skillful. Albeit, she can fit into any roster depending on her rarity and rank, but she rewards heftily those that can handle her.

Now I don't know what you're on about, but I hate long, drawn out fights. Which is basically why Guilly is perfect for me.
    You all love your pillow-fists warlock. But if these 2 are given the same fight to do, G2099 would do it 10 times faster than warlock. I know you guys would disagree with me, but I simply don't care because I'm speaking my mind.
    I've had warlock for a long time now, but once I got Guilly, he has not made it into any of my important attack lineups because she simply does his job better, and much much faster.

And by the way, could you tell me one single fight that warlock does which Guilly can't do (Barring variant 2)? Just one.
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Can we do Guilly 2099 vs Aegon now? Both combo meter ramp-up champs, but who’s more usable in all-around content? Also who’s better to r5 for the boss rush?
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

Hey genius, you know what you said in the first paragraph could he said about warlock right? Also, by "developed roster", you basically mean a close to endgame player right? Well guess what? That's pretty much who a high level G2099 is meant for. She's not for the weak of heart, or the non-skillful. Albeit, she can fit into any roster depending on her rarity and rank, but she rewards heftily those that can handle her.

Now I don't know what you're on about, but I hate long, drawn out fights. Which is basically why Guilly is perfect for me.
    You all love your pillow-fists warlock. But if these 2 are given the same fight to do, G2099 would do it 10 times faster than warlock. I know you guys would disagree with me, but I simply don't care because I'm speaking my mind.
    I've had warlock for a long time now, but once I got Guilly, he has not made it into any of my important attack lineups because she simply does his job better, and much much faster.

And by the way, could you tell me one single fight that warlock does which Guilly can't do (Barring variant 2)? Just one.
    Do you bleed medusa?

Guillotine 2099
    Tru100 said:

Can we do Guilly 2099 vs Aegon now? Both combo meter ramp-up champs, but who’s more usable in all-around content? Also who’s better to r5 for the boss rush?

That'll be even more of a warzone than this thread, lol
    Guillotine 2099
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Tru100 said:

That'll be even more of a warzone than this thread, lol
    Lol, no it won't. You're just crazy if you don't say Ægon.
    Bias is a thing.
    Guillotine 2099
    Berjibs said:

JChanceH9 said:

But warlock and g99 aren’t the only two champs in the game. Warlocks range of utility of which some is very unique, the speed in which it can be accessed and his flexibility is largely unrivalled which makes him extremely valuable in the context of a complete roster.

The problems being thrown at us have more and more specific solutions so utility becomes more important the deeper you go into content. Warlocks utilit
    Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

Do you bleed medusa?

That's still just one fight, either way.
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

JChanceH9 said:

But warlock and g99 aren’t the only two champs in the game. Warlocks range of utility of which some is very unique, the speed in which it can be accessed and his flexibility is largely unrivalled which makes him extremely valuable in the context of a complete roster.

The problems being thrown at us have more and more specific solutions so utility becomes more important the deeper you go into content. Warlocks utilit
    Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

Do you bleed medusa?

That's still just one fight, either way.
    Anything with do you bleed and anything with Coldsnap on it including every stacked Iceman in the game are a couple that I can think of off the top of my head. There aren't a ton of fights Warlock can do that G99 can't do. But there are so, so many that Warlock is way more practical for. Diss Track, Emma Frosts, IMIWs, and any healing fight in the game just to name a few. His Heal Block is so much more accessible and it's passive, which makes him work in cases where most other heal block/reversal champs won't. I.e V3 Rogue and more.
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

Anything with do you bleed and anything with Coldsnap on it including every stacked Iceman in the game are a couple that I can think of off the top of my head. And you already mentioned V2 which is a big piece of content. There aren't a ton of fights Warlock can do that G99 can't do. But there are so, so many that Warlock is way more practical for. Diss Track, Emma Frosts, IMIWs, and any healing fight in the game just to name a few. His Heal Block is so much more accessible and it's passive, which makes him work in cases where most other heal block/reversal champs won't. I.e V3 Rogue and more.
    Guillotine 2099
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

Anything with do you bleed and anything with Coldsnap on it including every stacked Iceman in the game are a couple that I can think of off the top of my head. And you already mentioned V2 which is a big piece of content. There aren't a ton of fights Warlock can do that G99 can't do. But there are so, so many that Warlock is way more practical for. Diss Track, Emma Frosts, IMIWs, and any healing fight in the game just to name a few. His Heal Block is so much more accessible and it's passive, which makes him work in cases where most other heal block/reversal champs won't. I.e V3 Rogue and more.
    I've those most of those fights you've mentioned above with G2099. And I can tell you that whether she does it less practically or otherwise, she's faster.

I can solo variant 3 Rogue with G2099 in my sleep, I did it on my first try, and I was playing like a scrub.

As for Iceman, I agree that the coldsnap damage can be a bit overwhelming, but as long as it's not a straight killer, she can Regen a chunk of the damage back with her self repair.

Diss track? She handles well enough, not the best tho. If there's a bleed immune opponent on diss track, then you are screwed with warlock. But I can confirm that there is still no degen immune champ in the game, therefore she can do it. Albeit, a little less impractical than warlock, but still doable.

Why did you mention Emma Frost? Also, is she ever immune to degen? Is she ever immune to energy damage? You realise Guilly has a ridiculously high armor rating and solid block prof, and therefore can take Emma's specials into her block right? Mmkay.

Infinity man shouldn't be a problem either. The first 85% would have built your combo to a point where her heavy attack is doing massive energy damage. Find yourself in a corner, and he's at 5%? Throw your SP 3 and he's dead. Need to control his power? Throw your SP 1.

And variant 2 isn't impossible with G2099. Her heavy attacks put in solid damage, and in case you take micro reflect damage, your self repair has got your back.

As for fights that warlock can't handle effectively but she can. There's entire nodes like spiked armor, terminal velocity, spite, ridiculous energise nodes, vivified, combo party, backblast, hurt locker, insane armor nodes and/or champs, high physical resistance, crit resistance, crit me with your best shot, and the list goes on and on.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Have both of them as 4/55.
    Warlock is great, Guilly99 is great either.
    I would rate Warlock slightly higher, just because Guilly99 feels incomplete, as she doesn’t have a practical way to carry her combo.
    Building to sp3 and firing it on a small 5% health window, while at most fights she is already ramped up by this time, is not the most convenient thing to do.
    Very impractical, especially when you have to redo it on every fight.
    She could be the same level as Warlock, if not better, if she hasn’t that flaw 😉
    As they are now, Warlock is more solid as a champ 🙂
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    Etjama said:

Well the G99 lovers are gonna spam disagrees on me here, but Warlock's just more versatile and G99 is impractical for 80% of healthpools in the game. Ramp up, can't throw Sp3, ramp up, can't throw Sp3. People act like Warlock's DPS is bad, it's really not. Bleeds, armor breaks, and that juicy add up to some big damage. I had both at R4, decided to R5 Warlock. Ranking up G99 over her never even occurred to me cause 9 times out of 10, I'd use Warlock over her.

Uhm,I wish I could give you 3 disagrees for this, first about the health pool,my 6* r2 g99 can take on 100k health and still finish a fight with sp3,all you need to do is activate the assault function so you can just go to sp3 without having to bait any special attack and so you don't need to use any special and weave in some heavy attacks so you can get to sp3 faster while doing minimal damage.
    Trust me if you still can't get to sp3 with this then trust me you don't need to capture a soul to deal with those healthpools,just spam sp1 or 2 depending on your need and you will be just fine.
    And you keep mentioning versatility, G99 can do most of the fights warlock can do nicely,agreed not all but let us not pretend there's not a handful of some g99 will handle that warlock wouldn't even dream of, warlock wouldn't even dare to do LOL and neither will he solo whole paths in act6 for you without you having to slap health potions or you being painfully skilled but guess what that's something G99 can do,so spare me the whole more versatile nonsense it's not as if there's a lot he can do that she can't do.
    Oh let's not forget the sweet sweet damage she brings to the table if you are skilled enough to keep her combo meter
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    Greekhit said:

Have both of them as 4/55.
    Warlock is great, Guilly99 is great either.
    I would rate Warlock slightly higher, just because Guilly99 feels incomplete, as she doesn’t have a practical way to carry her combo.
    Building to sp3 and firing it on a small 5% health window, while at most fights she is already ramped up by this time, is not the most convenient thing to do.
    Very impractical, especially when you have to redo it on every fight.
    She could be the same level as Warlock, if not better, if she hasn’t that flaw 😉
    As they are now, Warlock is more solid as a champ 🙂

Read my last post, that should change your mind
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

I've those most of those fights you've mentioned above with G2099. And I can tell you that whether she does it less practically or otherwise, she's faster.

I can solo variant 3 Rogue with G2099 in my sleep, I did it on my first try, and I was playing like a scrub.

As for Iceman, I agree that the coldsnap damage can be a bit overwhelming, but as long as it's not a straight killer, she can Regen a chunk of the damage back with her self repair.

Diss track? She handles well enough, not the best tho. If there's a bleed immune opponent on diss track, then you are screwed with warlock. But I can confirm that there is still no degen immune champ in the game, therefore she can do it. Albeit, a little less impractical than warlock, but still doable.

Why did you mention Emma Frost? Also, is she ever immune to degen? Is she ever immune to energy damage? You realise Guilly has a ridiculously high armor rating and solid block prof, and therefore can take Emma's specials into her block right? Mmkay.

Infinity man shouldn't be a problem either. The first 85% would have built your combo to a point where her heavy attack is doing massive energy damage. Find yourself in a corner, and he's at 5%? Throw your SP 3 and he's dead. Need to control his power? Throw your SP 1.

And variant 2 isn't impossible with G2099. Her heavy attacks put in solid damage, and in case you take micro reflect damage, your self repair has got your back.

As for fights that warlock can't handle effectively but she can. There's entire nodes like spiked armor, terminal velocity, spite, ridiculous energise nodes, vivified, combo party, backblast, hurt locker, insane armor nodes and/or champs, high physical resistance, crit resistance, crit me with your best shot, and the list goes on and on.
    Warlock turns Rogue into a normal Rogue, you have to outdamage the regen with G99. Warlock is much easier and faster.

The stacked Icemen in this game will kill G99, regen or not.

G99 still works for Emma, never said she didn't. But Warlock works so much better and faster. And his block prof and armor rating is higher than G99's, so why in the world are you bringing that up?

Never said IMIW would be a problem for G99, but Warlock just works better.

They both have permanent armor buffs, equally bad for Spite. They're both good for energize nodes. Warlock's power drain is just as good as G99's. Combo party? What? That gives you cruelty buffs! Why would that node be better for the champ that can only crit once every 20 hits with a pre-fight ability on? Why would G99 be better for Hurt Locker? Insane armor nodes and champs? Warlock just armor breaks them and does more damage. And crit me with your best shot? Really? Again, you're going to use the champ that can only crit every 20 hits with the pre-fight on for that node rather than the one that naturally crits a lot?

It's like you don't know how either of these champs work.
    Warlock
    I don't understand how a crumbling armor havok is a bad matchup for warlock.
    Even hurt locker isn't a problem for warlock.He has two useful specials.
    Warlock
    Lol is cancelled out by Variant 2.