**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Warlock Vs Guillotine 2099

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

I prefer Guilly to warlock by miles and miles! I don't care if warlock can heal block, because that's his major trick. Can he lifesteal effectively? No. Can he do labyrinth or farm you potions in RoL? No. Can he do spiked armor, and the other crappy nodes that punish you for critting? No. Can he fight a lot of cosmics like venom effectively? No. Can he control power with his basic attacks without needing to throw specials or block non-contact attacks (a super niche ability, by the way)? No, he can't. How does he fare against a high attack Havok on, say, crumbling armor, enhanced power gain and extinction protocol? Guilly does it WAY better.
    I get that warlock has almost all the utility abilities you can think of, but outside of heal countering, they're just so niche.

When it comes to Regen, he only has it on his SP 3, gaining about 5% per infection. Guess what? Guilly can Regen 40% of her health just by entering the fight below 15% health. Just put on a 20% revive, a few blocked hits, Regen to 55%, put on your stability function for the subsequent fights, and just like that, you're golden!

It's all preferences at the end of the day, and I believe people place warlock a bit too highly.
    I've used both characters extensively, and I have to say, I'm not overly impressed by warlock. But Guilly has surprised me to the point of singlehandedly doing so much content I never even dreamed of doing within a matter of a week!

Nevertheless, these 2 champs are OP, and have a lot of similar abilities. But outside of heal countering (which guilly can easily outdamage), she does everything else better than Warlock (whose abilities are way too niche for my liking).

To be sincere when it comes to G99 vs Warlock I think people are just being biased, I don't see a reason to like warlock over g99,and trust me I have both of them, She does everything with ease, in AQ she can do all the fight with ease without needing any other teammate if you pass the right path, warlock can never do that.
    I think the reason people dont give her credit is the fact that they always want to keep the combo meter and we all know how easy it is to lose combo meters or how it won't work in short fights,without her combo meter up,she is still a beast,she still has a crazy load of utility and her damage is still very much OK.
    With the combo meter up, she has one of the best if not the best damage in the whole game.

Am sure with time people will understand all that I am saying and give her due credit
    You are very right, Holros. And as a matter of fact, G2099 is actually one of the easiest champs to keep a combo with, as she's one of the only ones till this date to be able to do backdraft intercepts from a blocked hit (albeit, this takes a lot of practice to master). She also has a massive reach on her light attacks, so she is very easy to get openings with. Her specials also have short reaction times, so if you mistakenly threw one into your opponent's block, you can quickly retaliate. Not to mention the digicloak, sig ability combo shield, heavy attack combo shield, self repair if you screw up and medium attack lifesteal to cover your health needs.

Such a well-rounded character that is severely underrated. People don't know, they just don't know...

Besides, 100 hits isn't the hardest thing to reach in the world, especially considering the fact she has 9 hits on her SP 2, yet people still complain endlessly that her build up is "tedious", smh.
    If she’s one of your only good champions I can see how you would gush over her but in a developed roster you’ll often have another option that does what she does with less caveats.

That’s where she sits with me, I’ve not got the biggest roster in the world, pushing 700k, but I’ve more frequently than not got better, quicker or certainly less fussy options to use so she just sits there. It’s not as if I’m not clearing content and she’s the answer under my nose that I don’t know how to use either, frankly I haven’t needed her much at all so far with act 6, LOL in the bag and variants close to all being 100% (well, maybe not v1 😂). Where I have used her has been as just another immune champ when roster is stretched or I ramp her up once to hit a boss with damage like cav apocalypse. Maybe late act 6 exploration she becomes more useful, certainly I’m not closing the door on using her.

Warlock is more flexible and easy to use for most people as seen in the poll. This doesn’t mean she doesn’t have enormous potential, just not everyone likes using her or needs to use her, despite knowing what she can do. Don’t kid yourselves that everyone benching G99 is doing so in ignorance.

Hey genius, you know what you said in the first paragraph could he said about warlock right? Also, by "developed roster", you basically mean a close to endgame player right? Well guess what? That's pretty much who a high level G2099 is meant for. She's not for the weak of heart, or the non-skillful. Albeit, she can fit into any roster depending on her rarity and rank, but she rewards heftily those that can handle her.

Now I don't know what you're on about, but I hate long, drawn out fights. Which is basically why Guilly is perfect for me.
    You all love your pillow-fists warlock. But if these 2 are given the same fight to do, G2099 would do it 10 times faster than warlock. I know you guys would disagree with me, but I simply don't care because I'm speaking my mind.
    I've had warlock for a long time now, but once I got Guilly, he has not made it into any of my important attack lineups because she simply does his job better, and much much faster.

And by the way, could you tell me one single fight that warlock does which Guilly can't do (Barring variant 2)? Just one.
    Anything with do you bleed and anything with Coldsnap on it including every stacked Iceman in the game are a couple that I can think of off the top of my head. And you already mentioned V2 which is a big piece of content. There aren't a ton of fights Warlock can do that G99 can't do. But there are so, so many that Warlock is way more practical for. Diss Track, Emma Frosts, IMIWs, and any healing fight in the game just to name a few. His Heal Block is so much more accessible and it's passive, which makes him work in cases where most other heal block/reversal champs won't. I.e V3 Rogue and more.
    I've those most of those fights you've mentioned above with G2099. And I can tell you that whether she does it less practically or otherwise, she's faster.

I can solo variant 3 Rogue with G2099 in my sleep, I did it on my first try, and I was playing like a scrub.

As for Iceman, I agree that the coldsnap damage can be a bit overwhelming, but as long as it's not a straight killer, she can Regen a chunk of the damage back with her self repair.

Diss track? She handles well enough, not the best tho. If there's a bleed immune opponent on diss track, then you are screwed with warlock. But I can confirm that there is still no degen immune champ in the game, therefore she can do it. Albeit, a little less impractical than warlock, but still doable.

Why did you mention Emma Frost? Also, is she ever immune to degen? Is she ever immune to energy damage? You realise Guilly has a ridiculously high armor rating and solid block prof, and therefore can take Emma's specials into her block right? Mmkay.

Infinity man shouldn't be a problem either. The first 85% would have built your combo to a point where her heavy attack is doing massive energy damage. Find yourself in a corner, and he's at 5%? Throw your SP 3 and he's dead. Need to control his power? Throw your SP 1.

And variant 2 isn't impossible with G2099. Her heavy attacks put in solid damage, and in case you take micro reflect damage, your self repair has got your back.

As for fights that warlock can't handle effectively but she can. There's entire nodes like spiked armor, terminal velocity, spite, ridiculous energise nodes, vivified, combo party, backblast, hurt locker, insane armor nodes and/or champs, high physical resistance, crit resistance, crit me with your best shot, and the list goes on and on.
    And I forgot to mention Diss Track. You're totally not screwed if there's a bleed immune. He can place a parry, 2 shocks, and 4 armor breaks. You definetely don't need bleeds.

And V2, why would you ever use her? She's one of the very last champs I would pick.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Sentinel > Warlock > G2099
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Etjama said:

Well the G99 lovers are gonna spam disagrees on me here, but Warlock's just more versatile and G99 is impractical for 80% of healthpools in the game. Ramp up, can't throw Sp3, ramp up, can't throw Sp3. People act like Warlock's DPS is bad, it's really not. Bleeds, armor breaks, and that juicy add up to some big damage. I had both at R4, decided to R5 Warlock. Ranking up G99 over her never even occurred to me cause 9 times out of 10, I'd use Warlock over her.

Uhm,I wish I could give you 3 disagrees for this, first about the health pool,my 6* r2 g99 can take on 100k health and still finish a fight with sp3,all you need to do is activate the assault function so you can just go to sp3 without having to bait any special attack and so you don't need to use any special and weave in some heavy attacks so you can get to sp3 faster while doing minimal damage.
    Trust me if you still can't get to sp3 with this then trust me you don't need to capture a soul to deal with those healthpools,just spam sp1 or 2 depending on your need and you will be just fine.
    And you keep mentioning versatility, G99 can do most of the fights warlock can do nicely,agreed not all but let us not pretend there's not a handful of some g99 will handle that warlock wouldn't even dream of, warlock wouldn't even dare to do LOL and neither will he solo whole paths in act6 for you without you having to slap health potions or you being painfully skilled but guess what that's something G99 can do,so spare me the whole more versatile nonsense it's not as if there's a lot he can do that she can't do.
    Oh let's not forget the sweet sweet damage she brings to the table if you are skilled enough to keep her combo meter
    Why do people disagree with this? He's spitting out facts, and y'all warlock lovers have nothing to say because you know they're true.

There's so much that Guilly can handle that Warlock simply cannot, while there's little to nothing that Warlock can do that Guilly cannot.

You all just don't want to simply accept that G2099 is better than Warlock.

You can sit behind your devices and disagree all you like, but when you can bring tangible facts that prove how and where Warlock is better than G2099 that are more founded and more solid than what me and @Holros have been able to put forward, then we'll talk.
    Facts are on both sides.
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Etjama said:

Well the G99 lovers are gonna spam disagrees on me here, but Warlock's just more versatile and G99 is impractical for 80% of healthpools in the game. Ramp up, can't throw Sp3, ramp up, can't throw Sp3. People act like Warlock's DPS is bad, it's really not. Bleeds, armor breaks, and that juicy add up to some big damage. I had both at R4, decided to R5 Warlock. Ranking up G99 over her never even occurred to me cause 9 times out of 10, I'd use Warlock over her.

Uhm,I wish I could give you 3 disagrees for this, first about the health pool,my 6* r2 g99 can take on 100k health and still finish a fight with sp3,all you need to do is activate the assault function so you can just go to sp3 without having to bait any special attack and so you don't need to use any special and weave in some heavy attacks so you can get to sp3 faster while doing minimal damage.
    Trust me if you still can't get to sp3 with this then trust me you don't need to capture a soul to deal with those healthpools,just spam sp1 or 2 depending on your need and you will be just fine.
    And you keep mentioning versatility, G99 can do most of the fights warlock can do nicely,agreed not all but let us not pretend there's not a handful of some g99 will handle that warlock wouldn't even dream of, warlock wouldn't even dare to do LOL and neither will he solo whole paths in act6 for you without you having to slap health potions or you being painfully skilled but guess what that's something G99 can do,so spare me the whole more versatile nonsense it's not as if there's a lot he can do that she can't do.
    Oh let's not forget the sweet sweet damage she brings to the table if you are skilled enough to keep her combo meter
    Why do people disagree with this? He's spitting out facts, and y'all warlock lovers have nothing to say because you know they're true.

There's so much that Guilly can handle that Warlock simply cannot, while there's little to nothing that Warlock can do that Guilly cannot.

You all just don't want to simply accept that G2099 is better than Warlock.

You can sit behind your devices and disagree all you like, but when you can bring tangible facts that prove how and where Warlock is better than G2099 that are more founded and more solid than what me and @Holros have been able to put forward, then we'll talk.
    What do you think we're doing? We're giving you tangible evidence on a silver platter while you're saying stuff like, "G99's better for Crit Me with Your Best Shot and Combo Party."
    Warlock
    Warlock is only bad for buff heavy matchups.I think you haven't been using warlock efficiently.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Guillotine 2099
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

I prefer Guilly to warlock by miles and miles! I don't care if warlock can heal block, because that's his major trick. Can he lifesteal effectively? No. Can he do labyrinth or farm you potions in RoL? No. Can he do spiked armor, and the other crappy nodes that punish you for critting? No. Can he fight a lot of cosmics like venom effectively? No. Can he control power with his basic attacks without needing to throw specials or block non-contact attacks (a super niche ability, by the way)? No, he can't. How does he fare against a high attack Havok on, say, crumbling armor, enhanced power gain and extinction protocol? Guilly does it WAY better.
    I get that warlock has almost all the utility abilities you can think of, but outside of heal countering, they're just so niche.

When it comes to Regen, he only has it on his SP 3, gaining about 5% per infection. Guess what? Guilly can Regen 40% of her health just by entering the fight below 15% health. Just put on a 20% revive, a few blocked hits, Regen to 55%, put on your stability function for the subsequent fights, and just like that, you're golden!

It's all preferences at the end of the day, and I believe people place warlock a bit too highly.
    I've used both characters extensively, and I have to say, I'm not overly impressed by warlock. But Guilly has surprised me to the point of singlehandedly doing so much content I never even dreamed of doing within a matter of a week!

Nevertheless, these 2 champs are OP, and have a lot of similar abilities. But outside of heal countering (which guilly can easily outdamage), she does everything else better than Warlock (whose abilities are way too niche for my liking).

To be sincere when it comes to G99 vs Warlock I think people are just being biased, I don't see a reason to like warlock over g99,and trust me I have both of them, She does everything with ease, in AQ she can do all the fight with ease without needing any other teammate if you pass the right path, warlock can never do that.
    I think the reason people dont give her credit is the fact that they always want to keep the combo meter and we all know how easy it is to lose combo meters or how it won't work in short fights,without her combo meter up,she is still a beast,she still has a crazy load of utility and her damage is still very much OK.
    With the combo meter up, she has one of the best if not the best damage in the whole game.

Am sure with time people will understand all that I am saying and give her due credit
    You are very right, Holros. And as a matter of fact, G2099 is actually one of the easiest champs to keep a combo with, as she's one of the only ones till this date to be able to do backdraft intercepts from a blocked hit (albeit, this takes a lot of practice to master). She also has a massive reach on her light attacks, so she is very easy to get openings with. Her specials also have short reaction times, so if you mistakenly threw one into your opponent's block, you can quickly retaliate. Not to mention the digicloak, sig ability combo shield, heavy attack combo shield, self repair if you screw up and medium attack lifesteal to cover your health needs.

Such a well-rounded character that is severely underrated. People don't know, they just don't know...

Besides, 100 hits isn't the hardest thing to reach in the world, especially considering the fact she has 9 hits on her SP 2, yet people still complain endlessly that her build up is "tedious", smh.
    If she’s one of your only good champions I can see how you would gush over her but in a developed roster you’ll often have another option that does what she does with less caveats.

That’s where she sits with me, I’ve not got the biggest roster in the world, pushing 700k, but I’ve more frequently than not got better, quicker or certainly less fussy options to use so she just sits there. It’s not as if I’m not clearing content and she’s the answer under my nose that I don’t know how to use either, frankly I haven’t needed her much at all so far with act 6, LOL in the bag and variants close to all being 100% (well, maybe not v1 😂). Where I have used her has been as just another immune champ when roster is stretched or I ramp her up once to hit a boss with damage like cav apocalypse. Maybe late act 6 exploration she becomes more useful, certainly I’m not closing the door on using her.

Warlock is more flexible and easy to use for most people as seen in the poll. This doesn’t mean she doesn’t have enormous potential, just not everyone likes using her or needs to use her, despite knowing what she can do. Don’t kid yourselves that everyone benching G99 is doing so in ignorance.

Hey genius, you know what you said in the first paragraph could he said about warlock right? Also, by "developed roster", you basically mean a close to endgame player right? Well guess what? That's pretty much who a high level G2099 is meant for. She's not for the weak of heart, or the non-skillful. Albeit, she can fit into any roster depending on her rarity and rank, but she rewards heftily those that can handle her.

Now I don't know what you're on about, but I hate long, drawn out fights. Which is basically why Guilly is perfect for me.
    You all love your pillow-fists warlock. But if these 2 are given the same fight to do, G2099 would do it 10 times faster than warlock. I know you guys would disagree with me, but I simply don't care because I'm speaking my mind.
    I've had warlock for a long time now, but once I got Guilly, he has not made it into any of my important attack lineups because she simply does his job better, and much much faster.

And by the way, could you tell me one single fight that warlock does which Guilly can't do (Barring variant 2)? Just one.
    Anything with do you bleed and anything with Coldsnap on it including every stacked Iceman in the game are a couple that I can think of off the top of my head. And you already mentioned V2 which is a big piece of content. There aren't a ton of fights Warlock can do that G99 can't do. But there are so, so many that Warlock is way more practical for. Diss Track, Emma Frosts, IMIWs, and any healing fight in the game just to name a few. His Heal Block is so much more accessible and it's passive, which makes him work in cases where most other heal block/reversal champs won't. I.e V3 Rogue and more.
    I've those most of those fights you've mentioned above with G2099. And I can tell you that whether she does it less practically or otherwise, she's faster.

I can solo variant 3 Rogue with G2099 in my sleep, I did it on my first try, and I was playing like a scrub.

As for Iceman, I agree that the coldsnap damage can be a bit overwhelming, but as long as it's not a straight killer, she can Regen a chunk of the damage back with her self repair.

Diss track? She handles well enough, not the best tho. If there's a bleed immune opponent on diss track, then you are screwed with warlock. But I can confirm that there is still no degen immune champ in the game, therefore she can do it. Albeit, a little less impractical than warlock, but still doable.

Why did you mention Emma Frost? Also, is she ever immune to degen? Is she ever immune to energy damage? You realise Guilly has a ridiculously high armor rating and solid block prof, and therefore can take Emma's specials into her block right? Mmkay.

Infinity man shouldn't be a problem either. The first 85% would have built your combo to a point where her heavy attack is doing massive energy damage. Find yourself in a corner, and he's at 5%? Throw your SP 3 and he's dead. Need to control his power? Throw your SP 1.

And variant 2 isn't impossible with G2099. Her heavy attacks put in solid damage, and in case you take micro reflect damage, your self repair has got your back.

As for fights that warlock can't handle effectively but she can. There's entire nodes like spiked armor, terminal velocity, spite, ridiculous energise nodes, vivified, combo party, backblast, hurt locker, insane armor nodes and/or champs, high physical resistance, crit resistance, crit me with your best shot, and the list goes on and on.
    Warlock turns Rogue into a normal Rogue, you have to outdamage the regen with G99. Warlock is much easier and faster.

The stacked Icemen in this game will kill G99, regen or not.

G99 still works for Emma, never said she didn't. But Warlock works so much better and faster. And his block prof and armor rating is higher than G99's, so why in the world are you bringing that up?

Never said IMIW would be a problem for G99, but Warlock just works better.

They both have permanent armor buffs, equally bad for Spite. They're both good for energize nodes. Warlock's power drain is just as good as G99's. Combo party? What? That gives you cruelty buffs! Why would that node be better for the champ that can only crit once every 20 hits with a pre-fight ability on? Why would G99 be better for Hurt Locker? Insane armor nodes and champs? Warlock just armor breaks them and does more damage. And crit me with your best shot? Really? Again, you're going to use the champ that can only crit every 20 hits with the pre-fight on for that node rather than the one that naturally crits a lot?

It's like you don't know how either of these champs work.
    It looks like you really just want to argue all day huh...

How dare you say that Warlock's armor is higher than Guilly's?! That is simply WRONG! Hers is at least 2-4 times better. Do the math! As for block prof, Guilly isn't too far behind. I wonder if you've even bothered to compare their stats side-by-side, smh.

As for spite, I hope you're aware that you can use 2 prefight abilities with Guilly in order to avoid having that armor buff all together. Warlock can't do that. Her assault function makes her MILES better for energise and spite than warlock. With Warlock, you have to be extremely cautious and throw your special 1's, with Guilly in assault mode, you can push them to special 3 all day! It's a joke with her! I did the 200% energise path in variant 3 with Guilly alone, so frickin easy! And with warlock, you have to sacrifice his damage for that power drain utility. Guilly does not have this discrepancy. Warlock's power drain is nowhere as good as Guilly's, it's not a competition.

Guilly works for combo party because of her combo shield. I didn't mention it based on critting, but based on the fact that you can avoid taking that fun and interactive damage for losing your combo. You should have thought a little bit deeper before saying anything in that regard.

Also, some insane armor nodes and champs aren't as they are based on armor buffs, which is what Warlock's armor break can reduce. Guilly annihilates high armor opponents because her energy damage bypasses armor altogether. Good luck on armor break immune and 90% armor nodes with warlock.

She's better for hurt locker because of her rotation. Special 2, then special 3, and I can guarantee you that almost any champ in this game with hurt locker would be dead. With Warlock, you'd have to forgo the "big damage" because you're not free to throw your special 2s.

As for crit me with your best shot, Guilly can make her special 2 crit on all the hits. Also, the fact that it's guaranteed means that RNG is not an option.

I feel your argument is redundant, and that YOU should do more research on these characters.
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

Warlock turns Rogue into a normal Rogue, you have to outdamage the regen with G99. Warlock is much easier and faster.

G99 still works for Emma, never said she didn't. But Warlock works so much better and faster. And his block prof and armor rating is higher than G99's, so why in the world are you bringing that up?

They both have permanent armor buffs, equally bad for Spite. They're both good for energize nodes. Warlock's power drain is just as good as G99's. Combo party? What? That gives you cruelty buffs! Why would that node be better for the champ that can only crit once every 20 hits with a pre-fight ability on? Why would G99 be better for Hurt Locker? Insane armor nodes and champs? Warlock just armor breaks them and does more damage. And crit me with your best shot? Really? Again, you're going to use the champ that can only crit every 20 hits with the pre-fight on for that node rather than the one that naturally crits a lot?

How dare you say that Warlock's armor is higher than Guilly's?! That is simply WRONG! Hers is at least 2-4 times better. Do the math! As for block prof, Guilly isn't too far behind. I wonder if you've even bothered to compare their stats side-by-side, smh.

As for spite, I hope you're aware that you can use 2 prefight abilities with Guilly in order to avoid having that armor buff all together. Warlock can't do that. Her assault function makes her MILES better for energise and spite than warlock. With Warlock, you have to be extremely cautious and throw your special 1's, with Guilly in assault mode, you can push them to special 3 all day! It's a joke with her! I did the 200% energise path in variant 3 with Guilly alone, so frickin easy! And with warlock, you have to sacrifice his damage for that power drain utility. Guilly does not have this discrepancy. Warlock's power drain is nowhere as good as Guilly's, it's not a competition.

Guilly works for combo party because of her combo shield. I didn't mention it based on critting, but based on the fact that you can avoid taking that fun and interactive damage for losing your combo. You should have thought a little bit deeper before saying anything in that regard.

Also, some insane armor nodes and champs aren't as they are based on armor buffs, which is what Warlock's armor break can reduce. Guilly annihilates high armor opponents because her energy damage bypasses armor altogether. Good luck on armor break immune and 90% armor nodes with warlock.

She's better for hurt locker because of her rotation. Special 2, then special 3, and I can guarantee you that almost any champ in this game with hurt locker would be dead. With Warlock, you'd have to forgo the "big damage" because you're not free to throw your special 2s.

As for crit me with your best shot, Guilly can make her special 2 crit on all the hits. Also, the fact that it's guaranteed means that RNG is not an option.

I feel your argument is redundant, and that YOU should do more research on these characters.
    You have a wrong notion that all of warlock's damage comes from the sp2.You can easily use warlock against energise using parry heavy playstyle.On the l3 he power burns 100% power.
    You wrongly think guillotine works better in combo party because she can get hit and not take fun damage.But with warlock you will finish the fight really quickly.Warlock can bypass high armor nodes with his bleeds.
    edited September 2020
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

"It looks like you really want to argue all day, huh?" Yes, I do. It's fun. But you're doing the exact same thing, so I wouldn't be talking.

You said armor rating. That makes me think base armor rating. Overall, including armor buffs, G99's armor rating is 600 above Warlock's. His block prof is 300 higher which makes up for it, so your point is still redundant.

For combo party, you can always just not get hit, that'll solve the problem. And then you get to have extra crit damage too.

And what!? Warlock's Sp2 reduces any armor rating. Doesn't matter where it's coming from. 90% armor nodes are a cakewalk.

Warlock works just as well as other champs on Hurt Locker. Having to throw a Sp1 doesn't hurt you much.

And crit me with your best shot, again, WHAT!? So what if her whole Sp2 can crit? About a quarter of Warlock's attacks crit rather than 1 special. He's much better for crit me with your best shot.
    Guillotine 2099

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

You have a wrong notion that all of warlock's damage comes from the sp2.You can easily use warlock against energise using parry heavy playstyle.On the l3 he power burns 100% power.
    You wrongly think guillotine works better in combo party because she can get hit and not take fun damage.But with warlock you will finish the fight really quickly.Warlock can bypass high armor nodes with his bleeds.
    Parry-heavy? That's too slow for my liking. I'd rather finish the fight in 30 seconds while warlock takes his 5 minutes.

Combo party- Basically just a normal fight for Guilly. Again, she does it 10 times faster than Warlock.

High armor nodes- Bleed immunity is a thing. Even if they can bleed, Guilly would still finish the fight 10 times faster with her energy damage.

Got any more? 🙂
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

Parry-heavy? That's too slow for my liking. I'd rather finish the fight in 30 seconds while warlock takes his 5 minutes.

Combo party- Basically just a normal fight for Guilly. Again, she does it 10 times faster than Warlock.

High armor nodes- Bleed immunity is a thing. Even if they can bleed, Guilly would still finish the fight 10 times faster with her energy damage.

Got any more? 🙂
    I think you are comparing 6*r2 guillotine with 5*r2 warlock.
    No fight ever reaches 5 minutes with warlock.
    Energy resistance is also a thing.
    Guillotine 2099
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

"It looks like you really want to argue all day, huh?" Yes, I do. It's fun. But you're doing the exact same thing, so I wouldn't be talking.

You said armor rating. That makes me think base armor rating. Overall, including armor buffs, G99's armor rating is 600 above Warlock's. His block prof is 300 higher which makes up for it, so your point is still redundant.

For combo party, you can always just not get hit, that'll solve the problem. And then you get to have extra crit damage too.

And what!? Warlock's Sp2 reduces any armor rating. Doesn't matter where it's coming from. 90% armor nodes are a cakewalk.

Warlock works just as well as other champs on Hurt Locker. Having to throw a Sp1 doesn't hurt you much.

And crit me with your best shot, again, WHAT!? So what if her whole Sp2 can crit? About a quarter of Warlock's attacks crit rather than 1 special. He's much better for crit me with your best shot.
    Lol, I like your spirit!

As for block prof and armor comparison, Guilly's armor can be at about 2800 compared to Warlock's 700. That's miles of difference.

As for combo party, whether or not extra crit damage is a factor, Guilly does it faster.

As for armor nodes, whether warlock can throw as many SP 2's as he wants, Guilly does it faster.

Hurt locker? She also does it faster.

And be honest, my dude. Have you ever used Guilly 2099?
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Just to add a bit more also
    I am not a sentinel hater. I used him for V3 which showed me how awesome sentinel is.
    However, a huge disadvantage for sentinel is that both g2099 and warlock are miles ahead in damage, utility and regen capabilities.
    He just falls short of where g2099 and warlock are
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    FRITO_Man said:

Werewrym said:

Sentinel > Warlock > G2099

Not even close
    If only you people knew...
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Guillotine 2099
    Ill end the debate, for fights where heal block is necessary Warlock, since its passive and easier to maintain.

For generic fights and especially high healthpool content like 6.3/4, G99. Also good for rage nodes/spiked armor.

Those bringing up the ease of G99 use, and mentioning the sp3. Yes you are right, it isn’t as easy as aegon, and she can’t carry over more than 100, but here’s where I say (barring nodes aside) it comes down to player skill, G99 over warlock for the more skilled player
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    When it comes down to it, Warlock is for immunities and heal block. I’m not super impressed with his power control or his damage, since other champs do better in these 2 areas. I guess if immunities and heal block are what you need for your team, then Warlock is going to be your guy. I had him and didn’t actually use him to clear Cavalier. Only 3 lanes left on the biohazard map with Magik, and I’ll still keep taking Iceman and Magneto for that.
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★

I just did this now with guilly,it was a one shot,I didn't even ramp her up and I still finished the Fight in what 130hit?,and besides I entered that fight with like what? 36% health,I was mainly taking block damage and guess what I got to 15% health and regen straight back to 50,I would love to see warlock do that and just imagine how.
    Cheesy it would have been if I had ramped her up the fight b4 ,and oh let me not forget the path b4 Medusa is the all mighty diss track y'all claim she can't do,I just spammed sp2 and weave in some sp1 when needed to control power when needed and she got the job done,oh @Etjama you mentioned something about buff heavy matchups just activate prefight easy life and no stress,I have said it before and I will say it again there's only a few node warlock can counter that g99 can't counter, and there are a bunch of nodes that g99 can do that warlock can't do.
    If you feel warlock is better,you are either dont fully understand her kit and how to apply them for various matchups or you are not skilled enough or you are just discouraged by you losing her combo meter which can be played around or you are just being biased,nothing else
    Oh and she also one shotted 6.1 xbones people had told me to save a bunch load of units for with ease,I will paste the screenshot below.
    If you have her and you don't like her I strongly advise you give her a try by trying her in different match ups and see if you don't have change of heart

This is screenshot for the xbones one shot something I would love warlock to do(a one shot),and oh I think it's worth mentioning that she was MVP for clearing the path before getting to him.I hope at this point I have been able to convince you guys that you are just being biased
    edited September 2020
    Guillotine 2099

Holros said:

I just did this now with guilly,it was a one shot,I didn't even ramp her up and I still finished the Fight in what 130hit?,and besides I entered that fight with like what? 36% health,I was mainly taking block damage and guess what I got to 15% health and regen straight back to 50,I would love to see warlock do that and just imagine how.
    Cheesy it would have been if I had ramped her up the fight b4 ,and oh let me not forget the path b4 Medusa is the all mighty diss track y'all claim she can't do,I just spammed sp2 and weave in some sp1 when needed to control power when needed and she got the job done,oh @Etjama you mentioned something about buff heavy matchups just activate prefight easy life and no stress,I have said it before and I will say it again there's only a few node warlock can counter that g99 can't counter, and there are a bunch of nodes that g99 can do that warlock can't do.
    If you feel warlock is better,you are either dont fully understand her kit and how to apply them for various matchups or you are not skilled enough or you are just discouraged by you losing her combo meter which can be played around or you are just being biased,nothing else
    Oh and she also one shotted 6.1 xbones people had told me to save a bunch load of units for with ease,I will paste the screenshot below.
    If you have her and you don't like her I strongly advise you give her a try by trying her in different match ups and see if you don't have change of heart

I was about to post something similar to this. On my first run through cavalier difficulty, I spent a buttload of units. Guess what? Warlock was on my team, and he wasn't putting in as much work as I needed him to. I used him with suicides, and even with the synergy with Ultron in the biohazard quest, fights were still taking extremely long with him! Fighting apocalypse was one of the most painful experiences of my career! I told myself that I wasn't going to go through the stress of exploring cavalier difficulty (I didn't have Guilly at the time).

Fast forward till today, I decided to enter the power technician quest (2.1) just to open her up a bit, and also to pay my final respects to her rank 4 version, as she'll be going to rank 5 once level up arrives (but I'm getting impatient, I might upgrade her by the time AQ rewards are in). I found out that the node didn't work on her because her huntress function is power burn and not simply power drain, and I didn't want to throw too many special 1s. But the big bad cavalier difficulty fights were dropping like flies! My rank 4 was dropping 200k+ healthpools in about 60 hits, and she explored the whole quest itemless! Bro, I literally felt like crying tears of sadness (for the fact I didn't have her for my first clear), and tears of joy (for being blessed with such an OP character!) As of this moment, I've explored the first 4 quests, and only spent one revive! And she's the highlight of the madness!

Her path clearing is unparalleled, and her lifesteal is invaluable.

All the above with a rank 4 5* without any synergies or benefits from the global nodes. Food for thought...
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Guillotine 2099
    Etjama said:

This is actually funny to read. Yes she's impractical for low healthpools, but I can't remember the last important fights that actually had a low healthpool.
    The games been inflating healthpools for long enough that this isn't a problem.
    It's like people saying you can't ramp Aegon up in regular questing, that argument lost its value a long time ago.
    Warlocks a good champ but unless there's a specific fight on a path I need him for he's relegated to second pick. He's more versatile but the versatility he offers doesn't come up enough that id rate him above her.
    Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

I was about to post something similar to this. On my first run through cavalier difficulty, I spent a buttload of units. Guess what? Warlock was on my team, and he wasn't putting in as much work as I needed him to. I used him with suicides, and even with the synergy with Ultron in the biohazard quest, fights were still taking extremely long with him! Fighting apocalypse was one of the most painful experiences of my career! I told myself that I wasn't going to go through the stress of exploring cavalier difficulty (I didn't have Guilly at the time).

Fast forward till today, I decided to enter the power technician quest (2.1) just to open her up a bit, and also to pay my final respects to her rank 4 version, as she'll be going to rank 5 once level up arrives (but I'm getting impatient, I might upgrade her by the time AQ rewards are in). I found out that the node didn't work on her because her huntress function is power burn and not simply power drain, and I didn't want to throw too many special 1s. But the big bad cavalier difficulty fights were dropping like flies! My rank 4 was dropping 200k+ healthpools in about 60 hits, and she explored the whole quest itemless! Bro, I literally felt like crying tears of sadness (for the fact I didn't have her for my first clear), and tears of joy (for being blessed with such an OP character!) As of this moment, I've explored the first 4 quests, and only spent one revive! And she's the highlight of the madness!

All the above with a rank 4 5* without any synergies or benefits from the global nodes. Food for thought...
    I know right, she just clear things that normally would give you headache and put a big smile on your face while doing that,have you used her when ramped up against this month apocalypse?, if you haven't I urge you to try it,It was just ridiculous,she absolutely cheesed it,I dont see myself favouring warlock above her anytime soon
    Guillotine 2099
    Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

I know right, she just clear things that normally would give you headache and put a big smile on your face while doing that,have you used her when ramped up against this month apocalypse?, if you haven't I urge you to try it,It was just ridiculous,she absolutely cheesed it,I dont see myself favouring warlock above her anytime soon
    I will, lol.
    Guillotine 2099
    Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

Dude to be fair you only asked for one fight. ☝️😂

By developed roster what I mean is one with multiple solutions to a given fight, where possible.

And actually most people won’t have a better heal block option than warlock because there isn’t one so no you can’t say the same about warlock as g99 vs a developed roster and that is why he is so highly valued by players way beyond you or I.

Check Kt1’s best tech champ ranking and he explains pretty well their respective values from the perspective of one of the biggest rosters and skill sets in the game.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, your knowledge and application of her abilities and applaud your efforts completing v3 but I’d rather trust my own experience and if I have to look outside of that it would firstly be to someone who has done everything in the game and has basically any champ they want to do it with. Your warlock is a 4* so comparatively what insight can you really offer? You can’t even use him in act 6.

Warlock as a 5* has more than enough damage output and durability for all variants you can use him in, all of act 6 pre nerf and the highest levels of monthly content. It’s literally not even a consideration.

These threads are all futile ultimately though because we don’t have to choose in game between only these two champs for every fight, right? The way you and OP are talking is as if that’s the case. In the real world you should evaluate a champ based on your complete roster and what they can add to it over what you already have, if anything.

While I’m happy to have her, you could take g99 away from me tomorrow and I wouldn’t get too upset. Corvus, aegon, bwcv, omega, hype etc etc will see me through. No way in hell you’re getting my Warlock as his core utility is currently irreplaceable, hers isn’t and that’s the difference.

Oh and by the way...Pillowhands says hi

Was nice having a constructive discussion with you, at the end of the day.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

By developed roster what I mean is one with multiple solutions to a given fight, where possible.

And actually most people won’t have a better heal block option than warlock because there isn’t one so no you can’t say the same about warlock as g99 vs a developed roster and that is why he is so highly valued by players way beyond you or I.

Check Kt1’s best tech champ ranking and he explains pretty well their respective values from the perspective of one of the biggest rosters and skill sets in the game.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, your knowledge and application of her abilities and applaud your efforts completing v3 but I’d rather trust my own experience and if I have to look outside of that it would firstly be to someone who has done everything in the game and has basically any champ they want to do it with. Your warlock is a 4* so comparatively what insight can you really offer? You can’t even use him in act 6.

Warlock as a 5* has more than enough damage output and durability for all variants you can use him in, all of act 6 pre nerf and the highest levels of monthly content. It’s literally not even a consideration.

These threads are all futile ultimately though because we don’t have to choose in game between only these two champs for every fight, right? The way you and OP are talking is as if that’s the case. In the real world you should evaluate a champ based on your complete roster and what they can add to it over what you already have, if anything.

While I’m happy to have her, you could take g99 away from me tomorrow and I wouldn’t get too upset. Corvus, aegon, bwcv, omega, hype etc etc will see me through. No way in hell you’re getting my Warlock as his core utility is currently irreplaceable, hers isn’t and that’s the difference.

Yeah man I learned a couple tricks along the way and good luck smashing through that content!
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

this thread was far from constructive in the most part, but I liked the points from both sides
    Guillotine 2099
    Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

Yeah man I learned a couple tricks along the way and good luck smashing through that content!
    Same to you, my dude!
    Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Berjibs said:

Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Kill_Grey said:

</blockquotease

Lol the only thing your screenshot proved was that warlock didn't solo that fight, something guilly did for me with ease.
    I seriously think you need to give tour guilly some more time in the sun if you truly have her as you claim you do
  • YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    they are both incredibly different champs with completely different uses. which is better depends on your own roster and what content you are doing.