**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Crystal Update - Nexus Chance Addition

Comments

• Why not make premium hero crystals and crystal shards to permanently be Nexus Crystals forever
  • GiulioV99GiulioV99 Posts: 98
    Well, it's a small improvement, but there are no downsides, so yay i guess.
    I don't understand the people complaining so much. I get it, it's an underwhelming change, but it's still a positive one.
    Pulling a five star nexus from a cavalier it's a very good thing and it's not a very low percentage.
  • DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

WillieB said:

DNA3000 said:

Who cares about this ****? We get 0.6% chance, woo effin hoo. How about you do something worthwhile, and update the sh***y war crystal, war loss crystal, daily crystal, solo crystal and whatnot instead of making these useless changes?

I care. About one out every five times I would have pulled a 5* or 6* champion from those crystals I'm now going to be getting a Nexus. I don't pull *lots* of 5* or 6* champs from those crystals, but I get them every so often. To have one out of five become Nexus crystals is interesting, and the way the math works out it improves the odds of pulling a specific champion from those crystals by about 40%, also a not insignificant shift in odds.

Even the 4* Nexus from the PHCs isn't a complete waste, as it increases the odds of me filling in the few 4* holes I have, or alternatively steering 4* drops into max sig crystals, which means more 5* shards.
    So if you bought one every single day this year, you MIGHT get one Nexus crystal this year. Nothing worth turning back-flips over.
    That's like someone saying who cares if they buff champs, because the odds of pulling the champ they buffed is so low it doesn't matter.

Also, all I said was that I care about the change, because it is a positive change. That makes it more of a short smile and a nod, or only approximately 3.82% of one backflip. So yes, not worth turning back flips over. If they announced 26 other changes of similar magnitude simultaneously, I might have done one backflip. But certainly not two or more backflips.
    It’s a positive change, and that’s good—anything that moves in the direction of Summoner autonomy and away from Kabam’s version of pRNG without additional expenditure of time or resources is welcome.

With that said, it is a change that operates mostly at the margins, which leads me to empathize with many of the less impressed commenters.

All in all a positive, but really only for the same kind of lucky folks who pull double 6*’s out those early release Cav crystals. I’ve yet to be one of those, so I will eagerly await the news on improved solo crystals instead because that might actually affect me.

Dr. Zola
    Does it only operate on the margins? The people who pull tons of 6* from Cavs is small to be true, but that's not true for 5* champs. The odds of pulling 5* from a Cav is high enough that anyone who opens them in any significant sustained quantity will see that happen, and multiple times. So that change is not "on the margin." It isn't fair to judge the changes in terms of their smallest component, because that would be tantamount to saying the change would be better if the chance for 6* nexus was removed. That's of course nonsensical.

It is also true that the change only benefits people who actually open these crystals in any significant quantity, but that's true for all reward changes in the game. They only benefit the people who actually participate in those parts of the game in any significant fashion.
  • Manoj259Manoj259 Posts: 16
    edited September 2020
    why cant you remove 3 star from the cavs?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Manoj259 said:

why cant you remove 3 star from the cavs?

You either end up with the option of nothing in their place, or game breaking availability.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    I think kabaam should have used this as a medium to remove 3* from cavalier crystals or rather reduce the chances by a good margin, at cavalier level there is absolutely no use for 3* champs, keep it 4-6 at least even though you don't get a 5* or 6* you get iso-8 from duping a 4star champion.
  • Axiom4 said:

3* champs should be removed from the Cavalier crystals. They are useless just like 4* champs are now too.

I agree that 3*s are pretty useless once you reach a certain level, but 4*s are still an awesome source of iso and plus some 5* shards too
  • NiceIndianNiceIndian Posts: 12
    will they be an update to ultimate and legendary crystals?
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    why yall hating this is lit
  • Navin649Navin649 Posts: 2
    WOW now new players have much more chances in getting beyond god tier champions in premium hero crystals and this crystal changes looks exciting
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

WillieB said:

DNA3000 said:

Who cares about this ****? We get 0.6% chance, woo effin hoo. How about you do something worthwhile, and update the sh***y war crystal, war loss crystal, daily crystal, solo crystal and whatnot instead of making these useless changes?

I care. About one out every five times I would have pulled a 5* or 6* champion from those crystals I'm now going to be getting a Nexus. I don't pull *lots* of 5* or 6* champs from those crystals, but I get them every so often. To have one out of five become Nexus crystals is interesting, and the way the math works out it improves the odds of pulling a specific champion from those crystals by about 40%, also a not insignificant shift in odds.

Even the 4* Nexus from the PHCs isn't a complete waste, as it increases the odds of me filling in the few 4* holes I have, or alternatively steering 4* drops into max sig crystals, which means more 5* shards.
    So if you bought one every single day this year, you MIGHT get one Nexus crystal this year. Nothing worth turning back-flips over.
    That's like someone saying who cares if they buff champs, because the odds of pulling the champ they buffed is so low it doesn't matter.

Also, all I said was that I care about the change, because it is a positive change. That makes it more of a short smile and a nod, or only approximately 3.82% of one backflip. So yes, not worth turning back flips over. If they announced 26 other changes of similar magnitude simultaneously, I might have done one backflip. But certainly not two or more backflips.
    It’s a positive change, and that’s good—anything that moves in the direction of Summoner autonomy and away from Kabam’s version of pRNG without additional expenditure of time or resources is welcome.

With that said, it is a change that operates mostly at the margins, which leads me to empathize with many of the less impressed commenters.

All in all a positive, but really only for the same kind of lucky folks who pull double 6*’s out those early release Cav crystals. I’ve yet to be one of those, so I will eagerly await the news on improved solo crystals instead because that might actually affect me.

Dr. Zola
    Does it only operate on the margins? The people who pull tons of 6* from Cavs is small to be true, but that's not true for 5* champs. The odds of pulling 5* from a Cav is high enough that anyone who opens them in any significant sustained quantity will see that happen, and multiple times. So that change is not "on the margin." It isn't fair to judge the changes in terms of their smallest component, because that would be tantamount to saying the change would be better if the chance for 6* nexus was removed. That's of course nonsensical.

It is also true that the change only benefits people who actually open these crystals in any significant quantity, but that's true for all reward changes in the game. They only benefit the people who actually participate in those parts of the game in any significant fashion.
    Short answer: still yes, on the margins.

It’s surely not fair to judge the change on its smallest component; neither is it fair to judge it on its most generous aspect. A small shot at three bites at a pool plagued by legions of sub-par champs counts as an improvement, but not a major one.

Players get excited about the Nexus because it provides “choice.” True, but that choice comes from almost 150 champs in the 5* and a near-equal amount in the 6*, of which a small percentage would qualify as useful/very useful to the kinds of rosters who pop a ton of Cav crystals. The odds of pulling a Nexus at the 5* and 6* level should factor in the odds that the trio of options, based on the size of the pool, aren’t appreciably better than pulling any one of them.

Which is to underscore that a Nexus always sounds great in principle (and is, again, a marginal improvement), but my Nexus memories tend to look something like the following:

Hence, “at the margins.” It is technically a better crystal, but when you consider what’s been added is a low, low chance to select from three curated champs with an outsized chance to be mediocre, it’s tough for me to get overly excited.

I appreciate the change, but I also recognize it for what it is.

Dr. Zola
    You are arguing 1 thing and attributing it to another. You are arguing that this change is not that big not because of the size of the change, but because of the size of the overall system. That is not how you measure change. Change is measured by comparing just where you came from to where you are going.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Drummer16 said:

DNA3000 said:

hefy2000 said:

Pardon my bluntness, but I really don’t understand the negativity surrounding this. There is literally no downside to this change at all. Sure it’s a small improvement to the crystals, but it’s an improvement nonetheless.

It's meaningless. It's like your employer telling you your salary is going up, from 3000$ to 3001$. Statistically speaking, it's going up, but the change is worthless to you.

If they wanted to make a meaningful change, they would have removed 3-stars from cavalier crystals.

Meanwhile there are more pressing issues that need urgent attention, like solo crystals, or war crystals.
    Whenever I try to convince someone that literally every player in the game has a completely different set of priorities from every other and they think I'm off base, I'm going to quote this post that calls solo crystals a pressing issue that needs urgent attention.
    Want to eat those words? They buffed the solo crystals but in the worst possible way. They reward people for hoarding questing crystals (trade in 100 for 1), 5* shards, 6* shards, t4cc crystals, godl crystals (for when gold % boost is up), and everything else. Yet, for the ONE THING that people hoard because they don't want to explode their inventory with useless exp, arena boosts, 2 and 3* awakening gems, etc....they can't offer some trade in to let us get the new solo crystals?

Regarding this change, I don't get how people can say it is negative in any way except that it may prevent kabam from needing to revisit this sooner in the future. Otherwise, it is only beneficial factually. However, it would have been nice if they applied this to ALL crystals...like premium, 3*, 4*, 5*, and 6*, and gave you have a 3% chance to get a nexus. Now, that would have been a small bonus for all players and would have been a nice surprise to get once in a while. What's the harm in doing that with a champion pool that is so large now? The people that are whales spending their "odins" that they totally paid 100$ for that have every 6* duped will be the ones benefiting from this in any meaningful way and not the average player besides a little chance to choose from 3 diff 4* from premiums once in a while lol.

Honestly, opened 4 nexus crystals and had the worst luck out of anyone ever on the pulls on july 4th. Thank god I chose pre-buffed magneto from TWO of them because I had all 2015/2016 meme champs in 4 nexus. Point is...they aren't game breaking. It's not like you get to choose any champ.
    Have you bought those Crystals? 100 of them for a few pieces of ISO.
  • Drummer16 said:

DNA3000 said:

hefy2000 said:

Pardon my bluntness, but I really don’t understand the negativity surrounding this. There is literally no downside to this change at all. Sure it’s a small improvement to the crystals, but it’s an improvement nonetheless.

It's meaningless. It's like your employer telling you your salary is going up, from 3000$ to 3001$. Statistically speaking, it's going up, but the change is worthless to you.

If they wanted to make a meaningful change, they would have removed 3-stars from cavalier crystals.

Meanwhile there are more pressing issues that need urgent attention, like solo crystals, or war crystals.
    Whenever I try to convince someone that literally every player in the game has a completely different set of priorities from every other and they think I'm off base, I'm going to quote this post that calls solo crystals a pressing issue that needs urgent attention.
    Want to eat those words?
    Not really, no. Rereading them, they are no less true, but in the current context slightly amusing as well.
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Posts: 194 ★★
    edited September 2020
    Why cavalier crystals doesn’t include 4* nexus as others?
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    So does this affect the daily $4.99 class cavalier crystals?
  • DesitazzDesitazz Posts: 6
    Is this update live yet? Cuz its due but i dont see it in any of the crystals mentioned yet
  • haloless0haloless0 Posts: 59
    Do the changes come into effect at 10am PST?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    October 1st is not for another 13 hours in Kabamsville.
  • GreenElf21GreenElf21 Posts: 36
    Will there be an in game message when it’s live?
  • TheCleanerTheCleaner Posts: 28
    When does this go live? 10 AM Pacific time 10/1?