**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why did Summoner Showdown disappear early?

Why did the Summoner Showdown event disappear early? The in-game mail said we had until Sept 21, 10am PDT, which is today. There should be almost 5 hours left on this event but it disappeared 10mins ago for me. Why?

Comments

• Just got on to finish this and it’s gone for me as well. Wasn’t planning on doing it all last minute but had only one left. Not cool
  • MatanacosMatanacos Posts: 67

It was supposed to end today 10:00 am PDT
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Weird. Definitely is supposed to be still on.
  • SwatUSwatU Posts: 30
    Well two things - 1/ announcement, 2/ timer in game were showing different times. Obviously it is developer's mistake. However seeing that timer and knowing that mistakes less or more often happen I would still do it before timer expire (just in case). It ended only 7 h before due time and event was running whole weak so it was definitely doable earlier, especially that fight itself in show up difficulty is not too long. My view on it would be different if no timer in game. But it is only my opinion, I fully respect other players' opinions and feelings. Greetings!
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    SwatU said:

Well two things - 1/ announcement, 2/ timer in game were showing different times. Obviously it is developer's mistake. However seeing that timer and knowing that mistakes less or more often happen I would still do it before timer expire (just in case). It ended only 7 h before due time and event was running whole weak so it was definitely doable earlier, especially that fight itself in show up difficulty is not too long. My view on it would be different if no timer in game. But it is only my opinion, I fully respect other players' opinions and feelings. Greetings!

If they had different timers to the announcement, pretty sure they'd change them ASAP like in the recent past

But a global event that ends nearly 3 hours before the announced end time something must have caused it
    edited September 2020

SwatU said:

If they had different timers to the announcement, pretty sure they'd change them ASAP like in the recent past

But a global event that ends nearly 3 hours before the announced end time something must have caused it
    I agree. As I wrote, it is on developer undoubtly. What I stated is not to show that players messed up, but rather that there were signs in the sky and earth that it may end earlier than in announcement and when one see such signs can ignore them or take action. Not taking action is risky in such circumstances though.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Given the tendency of this game to go down unpredictably for hours at a time, events to start/finish at slightly the wrong time, and for games to start lagging and cause you to crash out of games losing 50% health, I'm going to humbly suggest that "Waiting till the last minute" isn't a well-thought-out strategy...

Nonsense! lol
  • Too many things this month expiring on different days and/or weeks.

Noticed the timer last night, so I made sure to finish it last night. Not sure for how long before that the timer had been saying a “6 am EST / 3am PST ?” time.
  • Spoonmanaron2Spoonmanaron2 Posts: 46
    edited September 2020
    This makes sense, sure. The problem is, it also assumes people are checking the timer and doing the math themselves when it makes the most sense to just take the announcement at face value. If you aren’t checking in often on that specific event, you may not even realize this to be the case.
    SwatU said:

This makes sense, sure. The problem is, it also assumes people are checking the timer and doing the math themselves when it makes the most sense to just take the announcement at face value. If you aren’t checking in often on that specific event, you may not even realize this to be the case.

SwatU said:

I can speak for myself, but for me personally it is way easier to check timer than calculate when will be certain announced hour in my lovely Poland :)
  • Fair enough. I live in the time zone they use for announcements so it’s the best way for me to track. I see how that would be different for someone across the globe.
    SwatU said:

SwatU said:

I can speak for myself, but for me personally it is way easier to check timer than calculate when will be certain announced hour in my lovely Poland :)
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Leaderboard is still being updated instead of showing results calculation (or something like that).

New leader in US zone.

Ghost is marching ahead of Magneto.
    edited September 2020

Leaderboard is still being updated instead of showing results calculation (or something like that).

New leader in US zone.

Ghost is marching ahead of Magneto.

I believe it is final. I made my fight which game me second place in EU some time before Showdown closed. I will paste it here (why not): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXdwxEYLv4U&t=8s . 7h maybe made difference for me and maybe not, I will never know :D However we all had same chances. Congratulations to all who killed this IWIM and special congratulatinons to those who are in top!
  • Hey gang!

Sorry for the delay in an update here. We have an official announcement on it right now, but don't have further information. We'll keep you all posted HERE.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    So... It was an accident?

Given the tendency of this game to go down unpredictably for hours at a time... I'm going to humbly suggest that "Waiting till the last minute" isn't a well-thought-out strategy...

Ladies and gentleman of the jury, I rest my case!
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    A second unaddressed issue was the leaderboard not being updated promptly.

Is the 'current' still visible leaderboard the final standings?
  • Spoonmanaron2Spoonmanaron2 Posts: 46
    edited September 2020
    What about those of us finishing up the show up difficulty? The million gold and 900k 5* shards is quite a bit to miss because of such an error. No way to get that rectified?
    Kabam Boo said:

Greetings Summoners,

Due to unforeseen technical difficulties, our Summoner Showdown Qualifier Week 3 Fight against Iron Man (Infinity War) (the "event") experienced premature expiration. We acknowledge the frustration and confusion this may have caused and extend our sincerest apologies to all affected players.

After thorough investigation, our team confirms that any endeavours to resume the event will result in a compromised experience for our players. In the interest of preventing further interruptions to our system and the app, and in accordance with Section 14 of the 2020 Summoner Showdown Tournament Official Rules, we will be using the leaderboard at the time the event was terminated to determine the players who will advance to the next stage of the Tournament.

We hope you will continue to enjoy our other exciting events today.

• AkorisAkoris Posts: 91

What about those of us finishing up the show up difficulty? The million gold and 900k 5* shards is quite a bit to miss because of such an error. No way to get that rectified?

Kabam Boo said:

Greetings Summoners,

Due to unforeseen technical difficulties, our Summoner Showdown Qualifier Week 3 Fight against Iron Man (Infinity War) (the "event") experienced premature expiration. We acknowledge the frustration and confusion this may have caused and extend our sincerest apologies to all affected players.

After thorough investigation, our team confirms that any endeavours to resume the event will result in a compromised experience for our players. In the interest of preventing further interruptions to our system and the app, and in accordance with Section 14 of the 2020 Summoner Showdown Tournament Official Rules, we will be using the leaderboard at the time the event was terminated to determine the players who will advance to the next stage of the Tournament.

We hope you will continue to enjoy our other exciting events today.

Dammmn! 900k 5* shards? !?!?
    I would have surely got my Ægon and Fury then! Sigh! Lol.