**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Over 2yrs w/o ANY help from Kabam on iPad mini 2 crashing!!!!!! For the love of God HELP!!

So coming here to post what I thought may have been an issue that I unfortunately was singularly having to deal with, only to find a 2yr old thread with the same issues but absolutely NO HELP or updates from Kabam. I’ve been playing now for about 4yrs and I was on my Galaxy 6 and everything was ok for the most part. Well about 3 months ago It finally died on me so I was forced to switch to my iPad mini 2 and was actually excited at first thinking it would be a superior device in size and gameplay only to find out very quickly I was sorely mistaken and highly disappointed!! Now after 4yrs of almost daily play and quite a bit of money spent and it being the only game I play, I’m actually considering walking away due to frustration and now after seeing that 2yr old thread I’m even more let down. So I can’t recreate the issue, there’s no error code, and nothing that I’ve been able to do to fix it. The issue is that randomly after around 20-30 minutes of playing the game crashes and just kicks me to my home screen. Whether I’m idle, switching game types, in AQ, in AW, duels, arenas, mid fight, it never makes a difference It crashes! Then on top of it every fight is SUPER laggy. I’ve cleaned my iPad of plenty of storage and everything else. Nothing helps that either. Hopefully this thread resurrection can get some more traction towards help.

Comments

• Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    That device was released 7 years ago. Not surprised it doesn’t run well. And I don’t blame Kabam for not wasting resources on making sure the game runs on devices over 5 years old. You should just get a more modern device. Stop spending on the game and use that $ to get a better device.
  • Options

That device was released 7 years ago. Not surprised it doesn’t run well. And I don’t blame Kabam for not wasting resources on making sure the game runs on devices over 5 years old. You should just get a more modern device. Stop spending on the game and use that $ to get a better device.

Awww did I strike a chord with the keyboard warrior when I said I’m using a backup device to play a game on? #sadface I guess I should really consider your advice, I suppose you’re right. I’ll just do what you do and have your mom buy me one.
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Can I ask, what exactly are you hoping Kabam will do here???

You’re playing on a device that is very old so I’m not entirely surprised with the issues you’re facing.

With a device that old, you’re also not going to have the latest operating software update which will exacerbate any issues you’re having.

You may not like to hear this, but it looks like you have 2 options:

1) continue playing in sub optimal conditions knowing it will never get better, and may actually regress further, or;

2) buy a new device.
  • Options
    Shamir51 said:

Can I ask, what exactly are you hoping Kabam will do here???

You’re playing on a device that is very old so I’m not entirely surprised with the issues you’re facing.

With a device that old, you’re also not going to have the latest operating software update which will exacerbate any issues you’re having.

You may not like to hear this, but it looks like you have 2 options:

1) continue playing in sub optimal conditions knowing it will never get better, and may actually regress further, or;

2) buy a new device.

Actually it is completely up to date with the latest everything. As stated in my post I initially came here just thinking I was the only person with the issue and wanted to see if there was anything I was missing but came across the initial thread from over two years ago and this apparently has always been an issue with this device specifically. Also, I am most certainly getting a new device just waiting on it to come back from Samsung this is a backup device as I stated. I just was hoping that they could at least acknowledge the issue because they did somewhat in the original thread ask what the problem was but then there was NO more follow through once people answered their questions. Thanks for not being a dbag too btw. I know it’s the internet but respect still begets respect.
  • Options
    Hey @Tommyx2tone, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing lag and crashing on your Apple device and I understand it can be upsetting when the game doesn't perform as well as you expect.

There are many devices capable of running the game and there are many different factors which can cause issues like these to occur. Unfortunately, some of those factors are outside of our control and we aren't going to be able to resolve all lag and performance issues for all players. However, we're always working to make improvements on our end in an effort to reduce the likelihood of things like these happening.

I'd like to reassure you that you shouldn't be disheartened by how old the dedicated lag and performance issues threads are. They've been open for a long time but players have also been experiencing issues like these for a long time and many of the issues reported in those threads were resolved in later updates for the players concerned.

As mentioned by others in this discussion, the specifications of the device you're using can have a huge influence on how well the game runs. Generally speaking, playing the game on a newer and higher spec device will reduce the chances of lag or performance issues occurring.

We created the dedicated lag and performance issues thread to help us keep everyone's feedback about these issues in the same place. We didn't create them to provide help to players or provide updates on any investigations we're carrying out into specific issues. If you require one-to-one support about an issue you're having in the game, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team by clicking HERE.

If you would like to provide constructive feedback about the issues you've experienced, please take a moment to contribute to THIS thread by providing the information outlined in our Bug Report Template.

Thank you in advance for your help!
This discussion has been closed.