**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Black Widow (Clairevoyant) Appreciation Post

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
You might consider me a little bit crazy for creating this thread due to some others I've participated in and/or created recently, lol. But I feel it's the perfect time to create this one because it's been exactly one year since this amazing character was released!

Top of her class, stands tall among all the characters in the game.
One of the best at what she does, boasting loads of utility all in one package. Triple, and selectable immunities. Expert buff control that bypasses all forms of nullify or stagger resistance. Unparalleled regeneration and sustainability not segregated by RNG. One of the best power controllers (one of the only ones, as a matter of fact). Great burst damage with her special 2 in the right phase. Customizable utility putting you in absolute control of the fight, a champ that well deserves that tag. In addition, she's one of the only mystics that isn't too reliant on mystic dispersion, allowing you to allocate your points elsewhere(you should know where I'm going...😉).

And of course, one of her strongest points, her suicides friendliness. Definitely a top 3 champ for running suicides with (probably behind Omega red and maybe Ghost). A champ that makes running that mastery group worthwhile even if she's your only suicides friendly one.

Overall, I'd give this Champ a perfect 10/10 in all aspects of the game. Causes problems on Flow. Makes a good amount of act 6 a walk in the park. THE best champ for questing in my opinion, Regen your way through the path, and finish it laughing with a full yellow bar. AQ is simply a joke with her, probably the champ that can do the most amount of paths across all the maps (I'm not even going to start listing, because there are simply too many, an almost inexhaustible list). She's a top option for almost all nodes and/or fights that exist currently. Turns the opponent's immunities to her advantage. The champ that makes fights with class disadvantage a comedy show (along with Magneto). Probably has zero weak matchups (or at least, the least amount among other champs). And so many other things I could say about Claire, that would take me another 5 hours to write, and still leave me with more to say in that regard.

Claire is a powerhouse of a champ, a woman of power, a goddess of utility, an annihilator of content. I love my 5* Claire, and she's put in MASSIVE work for me.

It's getting late where I am, so I'mma stop here. I'm pretty sure you guys would have a lot to say, assuming this thread does get attention.

This is all about Claire, cuz I know some people might come in here with their Doom>Claire talk, lol. Please keep the language clean, and don't do too much champ-champ comparison, as that could spark a lot of argument. You're free to do so, but at least in little doses.

So...what do like about Claire?

Comments

• SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    You actually did it...
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

You actually did it...

Let's just say, I'm a man of my word 😂
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    I don't have much to say but the first Claire Voyant I got was my 5* and I took her to R5 asap after testing her. So much utility, yet simplicity as well. I love heavy spamming to sp3 in immunity matchups, and that buff immunity is actually way more useful than I had first thought. Amazing champ.
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    I finally maxed out suicides for my 5/65 claire. Absolute beast.
    Shamir51 said:

I have her as a 6* rank 2 and absolutely love her, but I have to disagree with;

“One of the best power controllers (one of the only ones, as a matter of fact)”

I think her power control is the weakest part of her kit and she is far from one of the best in this regard.

It’s certainly useful in certain situations, but there are many champions that are much more effective power controllers.

Yeah, I think I should have replaced it with: "one of the best all or nothing counters"
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Looking forward to get her as 6* as I have her as 5*. She’s insane. I do find her to be suicide friendly, but I somewhat likes her without suicide to create a feeling I have more control
  • Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    As a suicide masteries user i can't agree more, i love Claire so much and imo she's a little bit underrated, as u say she doesn't need mystic dispersion and u take control of the fight with her, i always use her on my quest team, Doom and Claire are in the same lvl IMO, both are the greatest mystic champions and if u're a suicide user , Claire is the best
    Shamir51 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Shamir51 said:

I think her power control is the weakest part of her kit and she is far from one of the best in this regard.

It’s certainly useful in certain situations, but there are many champions that are much more effective power controllers.

Yeah, I think I should have replaced it with: "one of the best all or nothing counters"
    I’d actually say that’s even worse.

A good All or Nothing counter is a great power controller.

The fact that she only steals 5% power from sp2 under curse of plague isn’t huge. I mean if an an opponent is close to sp3, and you fire the sp2, they’re still going to be over 2 bars of power. Unless you’re running a mystic power boost, you likely won’t have the time to build back up to sp2 to do it again (I guess this is situational though as against an immune champ, you could get as much distance as possible and charge heavy attack a few times, but this is risky and no guarantee it’ll work and is useless against opponents that aren’t immune!).

As I said before, this works well in a situation where your opponent is close to an sp3, and you haven’t been able to bait the special. Stealing the 5% buys you a little more time to bait it out.

Specifically for All or Nothing, even Dormamu is an infinitely better option than BWCV.

There is a LOT to love with BWCV, but power control isn’t one of the things!
    It makes a lot of sense actually. I always told myself I would try to use her SP 2 in her curse of plague when death touch is active. But instead, I get carried away in the moment, and do it in other curses, lol. It would be interesting to see just how much she could do with that setup...
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    God not another one of these
  • JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    HI_guys said:

I play Claire a lot butbof recent thebproblem I'm seeing is the lack of damage. Too many hits needed. O don't run suicides.

But the best thing I like is her buff immunity which allows you to remove even Things unstoppable. Only 2 champs who can do that iirc.

Sad that it's bugged

@HI_guys then you are using her wrong, I alliance member don't use suicides still he ends 300k fights under 100 hits only because her Sp2 have 8 hits. You are 100% using her wrong.
  • BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    I’ve currently got half of a mystic t5cc, and will plan to r3 Claire when I get enough.
    The things I love about Claire:
    Insane Regen.
    Mediocre power control.
    Good damage on sp2 with hellfire.
    Is immune to the debuffs she applies, allowing her destroy clapback nodes.
    Gains power extremely easily with MD.
    One of the highest base attack stats in game, making her start to hit decent numbers right off the bat.
    Destroys champs immune to one of her debuffs.
    Quick, one hit heavy attack.
    Suicides compatibility.
    Hope I haven’t missed anything. Writing this all out made me realise how much she can actually do.
    And btw... have you taken a look at her?

Shamir51 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Shamir51 said:

I’d actually say that’s even worse.

A good All or Nothing counter is a great power controller.

The fact that she only steals 5% power from sp2 under curse of plague isn’t huge. I mean if an an opponent is close to sp3, and you fire the sp2, they’re still going to be over 2 bars of power. Unless you’re running a mystic power boost, you likely won’t have the time to build back up to sp2 to do it again (I guess this is situational though as against an immune champ, you could get as much distance as possible and charge heavy attack a few times, but this is risky and no guarantee it’ll work and is useless against opponents that aren’t immune!).

As I said before, this works well in a situation where your opponent is close to an sp3, and you haven’t been able to bait the special. Stealing the 5% buys you a little more time to bait it out.

Specifically for All or Nothing, even Dormamu is an infinitely better option than BWCV.

There is a LOT to love with BWCV, but power control isn’t one of the things!
    Oh, I see what you mean. Lol
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Pulled her not too long ago and was super chuffed, just really short on iso atm and I have way more gold than usual. Ranking her and the Sym Supreme I just got asap and going to smash out 6.2. She's just super fun to play and that regen is going to come in handy. I assume it's based on the damage you do?

I’ve currently got half of a mystic t5cc, and will plan to r3 Claire when I get enough.
    The things I love about Claire:
    Insane Regen.
    Mediocre power control.
    Good damage on sp2 with hellfire.
    Is immune to the debuffs she applies, allowing her destroy clapback nodes.
    Gains power extremely easily with MD.
    One of the highest base attack stats in game, making her start to hit decent numbers right off the bat.
    Destroys champs immune to one of her debuffs.
    Quick, one hit heavy attack.
    Suicides compatibility.
    Hope I haven’t missed anything. Writing this all out made me realise how much she can actually do.
    And btw... have you taken a look at her?

Best animations in the game, imo. Among other things...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Tiger360 said:

Pulled her not too long ago and was super chuffed, just really short on iso atm and I have way more gold than usual. Ranking her and the Sym Supreme I just got asap and going to smash out 6.2. She's just super fun to play and that regen is going to come in handy. I assume it's based on the damage you do?

It is. 35% of damage dealt per hit (subject to Regen rate modification like from the recovery mastery, or poison). With her death touch active, it's about 70%! I've gone from around 5% to full health in RoL with her SP 2 in curse of blood and death touch active!
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 450 ★★★
    I'm surprised no one has pointed out her SP1. At 4/55 it can crit for upto 10k damage, and it always fires right below the opponent, so you can easily use it to intercept.

I'm surprised no one has pointed out her SP1. At 4/55 it can crit for upto 10k damage, and it always fires right below the opponent, so you can easily use it to intercept.

Yeah, that's actually true. In the last quest of cavalier difficulty, mine hits for up to 27k on a noncrit, and 60k+ on a crit!
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★

Try it in incursions.

Believe me, that thing consistently hits for 100k+ with perpetual offence and other hacks. She’s actually stupid in there

Try it in incursions.

Believe me, that thing consistently hits for 100k+ with perpetual offence and other hacks. She’s actually stupid in there
    Yass! Claire in Incursions, I can't believe I forgot to point that out!
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    No need to argue about this one!

Can't use her to her full potential as I don't have suicides yet, but I took her up knowing I'll be unlocking them soon. Can't wait, she's my first and only R2 6*.

That being said, No Suicides=Doom #1 Suicides=Claire #1
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

My favourite champ alongside omega red. Love her!
    Etjama said:

No need to argue about this one!

Can't use her to her full potential as I don't have suicides yet, but I took her up knowing I'll be unlocking them soon. Can't wait, she's my first and only R2 6*.

That being said, No Suicides=Doom #1 Suicides=Claire #1

She's literally the main reason I'm exploring cavalier difficulty, so I can get enough tier 2 alpha to take her to rank 5, lol.
  • JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    I am ending this Thread right here, right now. Claire is a beast of a Champion. She is awesome and yes even without suicides I will place her at 11th spot but with suicides I will place her at 5th spot. But that's just my opinion.

I know why everyone is making threads about Elsa, claire and many more Champions because Seatin Didn't Placed them in Beyond God tier right.

Here is a fact, you should never rely on someone's else opinions. If you are using Claire for literally everything now a days that means she is beyond God tier. If you believe she is good that means she is good. I believe she is beyond God tier.

Long story short, Everyone have their opinions. Never ever try to prove others wrong. They definitely have their valid points as well like you.

In my case I believe Falcon is one the best abilities shut down Clchampion in the entire game and no one can argue over that because he definitely is.

So stop this right her right now, enjoy the Champion you like playing with, make videos and guide threads for New Players who just started playing this game. Don't confuse them to which Champion to rank up but help them