**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Update to Solo Events

Comments

• πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • DaRealMcCoyDaRealMcCoy Posts: 11 β˜…
    There's a significant problem w/ today's changes to the solo events. At some point today (ET) the game all of a sudden converted shards that I earned just thru the new solo events into solo & greater solo crystals! I typically opened the previous lesser & greater crystals as soon as I got enough shards to form a batch of 10, so I'm sure that didn't have that many of either before today. So how does it makes sense to not give me the option of using the shards I accumulated in the new events that dropped today so I could choose which of the 3 new crystals to buy? Now I'm stuck w/ a bunch of the lower 2 crystal types and I'm not even sure when the game will let me build up new shards that I can use towards the supreme crystals...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

There's a significant problem w/ today's changes to the solo events. At some point today (ET) the game all of a sudden converted shards that I earned just thru the new solo events into solo & greater solo crystals! I typically opened the previous lesser & greater crystals as soon as I got enough shards to form a batch of 10, so I'm sure that didn't have that many of either before today. So how does it makes sense to not give me the option of using the shards I accumulated in the new events that dropped today so I could choose which of the 3 new crystals to buy? Now I'm stuck w/ a bunch of the lower 2 crystal types and I'm not even sure when the game will let me build up new shards that I can use towards the supreme crystals...

That isn't a problem. It's by design.
  • JumperAlphaJumperAlpha Posts: 28 β˜…
    There's something screwy with the new solo shards. Specifically, there seem to be 2 separate yet identically named sets of Solo Shards. I have 2 screenshots taken less than a minute apart, on the same account

The first picture is of the Event Quest Completion solo event, which I presume started before the solo crystal changes went live. It shows 2,100 solo crystal shards which seem to be separate from the 42K solo crystal shards from events which started after the change went live. There seems to be no way for me to redeem the shards noted in the first screenshot, they do not appear anywhere in the crystal tab at all.
  • There's something screwy with the new solo shards. Specifically, there seem to be 2 separate yet identically named sets of Solo Shards. I have 2 screenshots taken less than a minute apart, on the same account

The first picture is of the Event Quest Completion solo event, which I presume started before the solo crystal changes went live. It shows 2,100 solo crystal shards which seem to be separate from the 42K solo crystal shards from events which started after the change went live. There seems to be no way for me to redeem the shards noted in the first screenshot, they do not appear anywhere in the crystal tab at all.

@JumperAlpha
    The events that were already running prior to the changeover lists SOLO SHARDS which are still the β€œlesser” version of the old shards (note, only the greater versions actually had a qualifier name ie, greater, to them. The lesser were always just named Solo).

And so now the new system only has one type of shard, just called Solo (but is different from the old Solo shards). The new Solo Shards can be used to buy any of the 3 crystals (unlike the old system).

And similarly for @DaRealMcCoy , there were (are) some overlapping events today that some were started prior to the change (so still has old style crystal shards), at same time as some events that started later (which contained the new style).
    Shards that you were earning from the earlier events still went into the individual bucket style crystals of β€œlesser” vs β€œgreater”. You thought maybe you were earning some of the new style, but some of those events today were still giving old-style (which got auto-converted to whole crystals, as per what was supposed to happen).
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It appears there's some disparity between the final milestone and Rank rewards eligibility of the 7 hour class combat event. Is this intended?

Here is the Science Combat event that ended 15 min ago:

• Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 338 β˜…β˜…
    edited September 2020
    Anyone else not get rank rewards yet for the 7hr events? I’ve done both that have finished so far today and no rank rewards yet.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw rank cut off is higher than the last milestone so I didn’t hit that.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Moving on, I love the changes. Very happy with the new Events and Rewards.

I agree that converting older crystals to newer versions is not a good idea. They did not do that when they introduced new crystals for Daily and 4 hr log ins and not happening now. I don't agree that it would break the game though. If someone had that many crystals, chances are they are well into the 5 star roster and don't worry abt the small fish. I have 500 of these old crystals because I used to open them for item use events. I would have been much more critical if they had converted the old ones though. Completely FTP here so that no one accused me of being a Whale. :wink:
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Loved this change! Thank you kabam!!
  • Sinedd92Sinedd92 Posts: 94 β˜…
    All is cool imo except for 4 star anything for cavalier players (like no one cares about 4* while being a cavalier and in most of the cases as an uncollected) and inability to convert current solo crystals into the new ones tho the latter seems fair enough to do
  • VernVern Posts: 50 β˜…
    Crumb3307 said:

Anyone else not get rank rewards yet for the 7hr events? I’ve done both that have finished so far today and no rank rewards yet.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw rank cut off is higher than the last milestone so I didn’t hit that.

I might have missed it - where does it state in game that the rank cut-off is higher than the final milestone? My understanding is we’re moving away from 11-20% onwards for 7h solo events and will rank the entire pool of 100% players that hit the final milestone. Thanks!
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Sinedd92 said:

All is cool imo except for 4 star anything for cavalier players (like no one cares about 4* while being a cavalier and in most of the cases as an uncollected) and inability to convert current solo crystals into the new ones tho the latter seems fair enough to do

I care about 4*s and I have 100%ed act 6, you are foolish not to. I love 4* sig stones, it gets all my 4*s closer to max and makes it so I get more 5* shards.
  • VernVern Posts: 50 β˜…
    edited September 2020
    VERNVARIN said:

Crumb3307 said:

I might have missed it - where does it state in game that the rank cut-off is higher than the final milestone? My understanding is we’re moving away from 11-20% onwards for 7h solo events and will rank the entire pool of 100% players that hit the final milestone. Thanks!
    Okay I see it now, circled in yellow:

Even then, I scored 47k in the first Skill Combat event but failed to receive any ranked rewards. Pretty odd, will file a bug report if it happens again for the current Class Combat event.

• DaRealMcCoyDaRealMcCoy Posts: 11 β˜…

And similarly for @DaRealMcCoy , there were (are) some overlapping events today that some were started prior to the change (so still has old style crystal shards), at same time as some events that started later (which contained the new style).
    Shards that you were earning from the earlier events still went into the individual bucket style crystals of β€œlesser” vs β€œgreater”. You thought maybe you were earning some of the new style, but some of those events today were still giving old-style (which got auto-converted to whole crystals, as per what was supposed to happen).

Just to be clear, like the OP said in this thread: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1427670#Comment_1427670, after the new solo events went live yesterday, Kabam swept up all of my new 'solo' shards & converted them into solo & greater solo crystals. Unfortunately I don't have screenshots b/c of course I had no idea to expect that to happen! After clearing all of the new Hero Use milestones and most of the ones for the new Combat event, I had a bunch of the new shards and they were available to purchase any of the new 3 types of crystals. Then several hours later I checked my crystal vault & to my surprise all of those brand new shards had been converted into the lower 2 crystal types. This is not cool at all...
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited September 2020
    I just watched proff hoff get 11%-20% reward for mystic arena - I did 1-10% but I still have the old rewards and he had a selector? My game is updated so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Yes I'm uncollected & cavalier and have 100% of content completed.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Buttehrs said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Let's get this discussion back on track Summoners! Keep the feedback constructive please

So... no more Duel Credits in the 7hr class arena battle? Mystic arena is coming up and the rewards are the same. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy the updated rewards but I use those credits for practice and for participating in duel challenges.

Are duel credits going to be something we can earn elsewhere? Or better yet, are there plans to remove the duel cost?

Imo, duel credits should be scrapped completely and duels should be made free. Or at least have the limit increased. 5 per day is barely anything if it's for the purpose of practice.
    Especially when it comes to things like 36 hero fights for a locker key and I dont feel like doing arena or quests because I'm already done lol.
    I did neither and got mine just from AQ/AW.
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 278 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Let's get this discussion back on track Summoners! Keep the feedback constructive please

So... no more Duel Credits in the 7hr class arena battle? Mystic arena is coming up and the rewards are the same. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy the updated rewards but I use those credits for practice and for participating in duel challenges.

Are duel credits going to be something we can earn elsewhere? Or better yet, are there plans to remove the duel cost?

Imo, duel credits should be scrapped completely and duels should be made free. Or at least have the limit increased. 5 per day is barely anything if it's for the purpose of practice.
    I agree. The new solo events removed the only way to obtain duel credits. I don't believe there is another way to earn them now, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong. So at least increase the number of duels allowed before charging for units, or even better, get rid of the limit completely.
  • Supercaptain18Supercaptain18 Posts: 163 β˜…

Still getting these really
  • BulldoggernautBulldoggernaut Posts: 25 β˜…
    I absolutely love the changes, the new crystals, everything. But why are we getting the same 3 events over and over. Since the change we have had skill combat twice, science combat twice, mystic arena battle twice and I will bet money and science ends we will get mystic combat for a 2nd time. What is wrong with this?
  • mdangerpowersmdangerpowers Posts: 27 β˜…
    What has happened to the Class Advancement events? There has not been one yet. Will there be an event in which opening champion crystals will help us reach milestones? Will featured crystals count as well?
  • BulldoggernautBulldoggernaut Posts: 25 β˜…

What has happened to the Class Advancement events? There has not been one yet. Will there be an event in which opening champion crystals will help us reach milestones? Will featured crystals count as well?

Im waiting to level up as well. And Im just tired of the same 3 events over and over.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited September 2020
    Lormif said:

Sinedd92 said:

I care about 4*s and I have 100%ed act 6, you are foolish not to. I love 4* sig stones, it gets all my 4*s closer to max and makes it so I get more 5* shards.
    Agreed - also, Kabam are making efforts to keep 4* champs having some relevance; whether it's in Variants, 22-hr Events, or Cavalier milestones.

People simply can't argue that 4* champs are useless - they clearly aren't. Even if they can't be used in Endgame content, there are other places they can be.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I noticed that there are no points for using 5* and 6* arena boosts in the class arena combat 7-hour events. Since those are in the game now, shouldn't they be added?