**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Have you ever had a guilty pleasure Rank 5 or Rank 2?

If so, who was the champion and why did you do it?

I’m seriously considering taking Starlord to Rank 5 even though I know he’s not even a Top 5 Tech champ anymore.

Have you ever had a guilty pleasure Rank 5 or Rank 2? 86 votes

Absolutely- I have multiple guilty pleasure Rank 5s/2s
47%
Eb0ny-O-M4wDisbanded_pensEpistriatusAgentOfSHIELDzuffyTerraSaielSpicyslicerDragonMCOCGmonkeySgtSlaughter78Wicket329Blubfish_666JumpthesharkScopeotoe987TheLegend27Rajdeep1997ZombieZeddDenzel116ThatOneMasterGamer 41 votes
Rarely - only when I’m running out of resources
19%
Lmao10or_Strongbluebubble100RockyshockybrandinhoRamadaKRANꓘDretlleCatapoulpeBlizzard28AnTi_NooBFaseehshield456Epic123456The_Sentry06JankulovskiM1ltos 17 votes
Never - patience is a virtue and I rank champions for specific purposes in my progression
32%
DarkZenJBC89MadooriCLegendboy2411Jedi_HawkepigupompomEtjamaAmbjonyThicco_ModeEtm34Mikusik1Bawa69OmedennPraneeth_SP616M_Master19JohnyBoyMaxLeeTheNickster20SuperiorSymbioteAziz5253 28 votes

Comments

• FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Etjama said:

I would totally just rank up champs I love if I could afford to. I know some will say, "Do it anyways, this game is supposed to be fun, after all!" But ranking up champs I need for content is fun, because getting through content is what's fun for me in this game. If I get to a point where I have expiring resources though, Spider-Gwen is totally going to R5.

Spider Gwen isn't bad though
  • Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 252 ★★★
    Got Longshot on my 3rd 6 Star and duped him as my 6th 6 Star. He was Rank 2 a week later over Thing, Sorcerer Supreme, Corvus, and Hyperion
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    edited September 2020

This starts to be the common for me, as I need to spend T5 catalysts or else they will expire. Always have those expiring for some reason.

But of course, Ebony Maw wasn't a guilty rank up. He just deserved it, the best champion in the game

Lol, I agree he is the best!
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Technically I guess? I don’t really have many r5 champs, but I’ve prioritized champs I like over smart rank-ups. For example, I took up Spider-Gwen over Corvus and Ghost, and the only reason I eventually ended up with a r5 Corvus is because I had too many Cosmic t4cc. Granted, it’s not like she’s a bad option, but I still consider her to be slightly questionable r5 decision just because she’s not really top tier in comparison.

Still, I have zero regrets, 10/10 would recommend.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Never - patience is a virtue and I rank champions for specific purposes in my progression
    3stars are what I max out for no reason other than just liking a champ.

4,5,6 stars I am more strategic with my rank ups. i R2’d my 6star venom when I probably should have used those resources to R5 a 5star, but, it’s venom so I get good use from him.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    A few come to mind, 6/2 dragon man, 5/65 Wolvie and I guess Ronin since I don’t “need” him. But not really since he was my 1st r5.
  • Absolutely- I have multiple guilty pleasure Rank 5s/2s
    Sometimes people forget that this is a game - gotta have some guilty pleasure fun in a game!
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Sometimes people forget that this is a game - gotta have some guilty pleasure fun in a game!

So when's the R3 KG comin?
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    im considering taking groot to 4/55. that spicy regen and over 50 damage per hit is gonna melt fights so much faster.
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    edited September 2020
    My two favorite champs nick and sorcerer supreme don't really come under the ranks of a pleasure rank up , so I guess my answer is no
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    Though I'm not guilty for any of my rank ups. I love using Bishop and Spider Gwen.
  • VynrialVynrial Posts: 37
    Absolutely, rank 5'd my sig 80 5* Terrax because I love the play style, and I get a decent amount of use out of him in cavalier/uncollected monthly, plus he makes a decent defender
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Love rogue and janefoster
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    My only R5 was a kind of guilty pleasure, Ægon. I don’t use him very often and I had champions that arguably needed it more (archangel, Warlock etc) but I’d just done a lot of LOL and just needed to see how high I could make the numbers go. Fully ramped up and boosted its around 80k heavies, 92k L2s and add on a spicy 90k bleed to that as well (no deep wounds or suicides)
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I keep in the bank enough for an r2 6* rankup in case I pull one of the last few game changers I need, then when I have enough for a second I use it with whoever I want and don’t feel bad, my last two rankups have just been utility, iwim for evade champs and havok for easy korg killing, guess I have enough r5 equivalent now that it la not that big a deal (22 and resources for 2 more) deciding between cmm, gulk, stealthy, or Origins widow next
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I’ve had r5 OML for some time, he was my first 5* on that acc and we’ve cleared a lot of content together. Use him all the time, questing, aq/aw, incursions. Next ones will be r2 6* IMIW for attack and r5 Elsa. Maybe they’re not average enough to count as guilty pleasures but I like using them so....
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Every rank 5 or rank 2 (all 2 of them 😂) I have are champs I like to use, have fun playing with.
    Don’t care nor bother to check if they fall in some sort of beyond lucifer’s tier categorie.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    Not exactly dirty pleasures, but I have a r5 5* Voodoo which have served me in almost all areas of the game.
    My 6* r2 Masacre and Strange are definitely my guilty pleasure rankups though. Love them both
  • NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★
    everytime i get a 4-5 gem from variant, i do somewhat of a guilty pleasure rankup where it would be ideal to do someone else but i just say f it and pop it on a fun champ, not that theyre bad champs just wouldnt have done it otherwise
    here they are (in order of which variant i did first)
    v4 - emma frost
    v3 - dormammu
    v5 - sparky
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    When I take champs to R5 or R2 I do it because they serve a specific purpose. I’m not rich enough in resources to take Civil Warrior to R2 quite yet.
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    Right now I don't have that many but I have 2 r5's( Sabretooth, Mysterio) and 2 will be r5 in the future( Night Trasher, Hood) and some I haven't started on them yet( Ronin, Masacre). I also want to take to rank 5 Sentry, Dormammu, Nebula, Vulture, Ultron AoL, Crossbones and BPCW.
  • JerkobsonJerkobson Posts: 163 ★★
    I couldn’t find the odd r2 post but I find this.

Did this today.