**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Have you ever had a guilty pleasure Rank 5 or Rank 2?

If so, who was the champion and why did you do it?

I’m seriously considering taking Starlord to Rank 5 even though I know he’s not even a Top 5 Tech champ anymore.

Have you ever had a guilty pleasure Rank 5 or Rank 2? 86 votes

Absolutely- I have multiple guilty pleasure Rank 5s/2s
47%
Eb0ny-O-M4wDisbanded_pensEpistriatusAgentOfSHIELDzuffyTerraSaielSpicyslicerDragonMCOCGmonkeySgtSlaughter78Wicket329Blubfish_666JumpthesharkScopeotoe987TheLegend27Rajdeep1997ZombieZeddDenzel116ThatOneMasterGamer 41 votes
Rarely - only when I’m running out of resources
19%
Lmao10or_Strongbluebubble100RockyshockybrandinhoRamadaKRANꓘDretlleCatapoulpeBlizzard28AnTi_NooBFaseehshield456Epic123456The_Sentry06JankulovskiM1ltos 17 votes
Never - patience is a virtue and I rank champions for specific purposes in my progression
32%
DarkZenJBC89MadooriCLegendboy2411Jedi_HawkepigupompomEtjamaAmbjonyThicco_ModeEtm34Mikusik1Bawa69OmedennPraneeth_SP616M_Master19JohnyBoyMaxLeeTheNickster20SuperiorSymbioteAziz5253 28 votes

Comments

• FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Etjama said:

I would totally just rank up champs I love if I could afford to. I know some will say, "Do it anyways, this game is supposed to be fun, after all!" But ranking up champs I need for content is fun, because getting through content is what's fun for me in this game. If I get to a point where I have expiring resources though, Spider-Gwen is totally going to R5.

Spider Gwen isn't bad though
  • Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 250 ★★★
    Got Longshot on my 3rd 6 Star and duped him as my 6th 6 Star. He was Rank 2 a week later over Thing, Sorcerer Supreme, Corvus, and Hyperion
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    edited September 2020

This starts to be the common for me, as I need to spend T5 catalysts or else they will expire. Always have those expiring for some reason.

But of course, Ebony Maw wasn't a guilty rank up. He just deserved it, the best champion in the game

Lol, I agree he is the best!
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Technically I guess? I don’t really have many r5 champs, but I’ve prioritized champs I like over smart rank-ups. For example, I took up Spider-Gwen over Corvus and Ghost, and the only reason I eventually ended up with a r5 Corvus is because I had too many Cosmic t4cc. Granted, it’s not like she’s a bad option, but I still consider her to be slightly questionable r5 decision just because she’s not really top tier in comparison.

Still, I have zero regrets, 10/10 would recommend.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Never - patience is a virtue and I rank champions for specific purposes in my progression
    3stars are what I max out for no reason other than just liking a champ.

4,5,6 stars I am more strategic with my rank ups. i R2’d my 6star venom when I probably should have used those resources to R5 a 5star, but, it’s venom so I get good use from him.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    A few come to mind, 6/2 dragon man, 5/65 Wolvie and I guess Ronin since I don’t “need” him. But not really since he was my 1st r5.
  • Absolutely- I have multiple guilty pleasure Rank 5s/2s
    Sometimes people forget that this is a game - gotta have some guilty pleasure fun in a game!
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Sometimes people forget that this is a game - gotta have some guilty pleasure fun in a game!

So when's the R3 KG comin?
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    im considering taking groot to 4/55. that spicy regen and over 50 damage per hit is gonna melt fights so much faster.
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    edited September 2020
    My two favorite champs nick and sorcerer supreme don't really come under the ranks of a pleasure rank up , so I guess my answer is no
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    Though I'm not guilty for any of my rank ups. I love using Bishop and Spider Gwen.
  • VynrialVynrial Posts: 37
    Absolutely, rank 5'd my sig 80 5* Terrax because I love the play style, and I get a decent amount of use out of him in cavalier/uncollected monthly, plus he makes a decent defender
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Love rogue and janefoster
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    My only R5 was a kind of guilty pleasure, Ægon. I don’t use him very often and I had champions that arguably needed it more (archangel, Warlock etc) but I’d just done a lot of LOL and just needed to see how high I could make the numbers go. Fully ramped up and boosted its around 80k heavies, 92k L2s and add on a spicy 90k bleed to that as well (no deep wounds or suicides)
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I keep in the bank enough for an r2 6* rankup in case I pull one of the last few game changers I need, then when I have enough for a second I use it with whoever I want and don’t feel bad, my last two rankups have just been utility, iwim for evade champs and havok for easy korg killing, guess I have enough r5 equivalent now that it la not that big a deal (22 and resources for 2 more) deciding between cmm, gulk, stealthy, or Origins widow next
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    I’ve had r5 OML for some time, he was my first 5* on that acc and we’ve cleared a lot of content together. Use him all the time, questing, aq/aw, incursions. Next ones will be r2 6* IMIW for attack and r5 Elsa. Maybe they’re not average enough to count as guilty pleasures but I like using them so....
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Every rank 5 or rank 2 (all 2 of them 😂) I have are champs I like to use, have fun playing with.
    Don’t care nor bother to check if they fall in some sort of beyond lucifer’s tier categorie.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Not exactly dirty pleasures, but I have a r5 5* Voodoo which have served me in almost all areas of the game.
    My 6* r2 Masacre and Strange are definitely my guilty pleasure rankups though. Love them both
  • NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★
    everytime i get a 4-5 gem from variant, i do somewhat of a guilty pleasure rankup where it would be ideal to do someone else but i just say f it and pop it on a fun champ, not that theyre bad champs just wouldnt have done it otherwise
    here they are (in order of which variant i did first)
    v4 - emma frost
    v3 - dormammu
    v5 - sparky
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    When I take champs to R5 or R2 I do it because they serve a specific purpose. I’m not rich enough in resources to take Civil Warrior to R2 quite yet.
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    Right now I don't have that many but I have 2 r5's( Sabretooth, Mysterio) and 2 will be r5 in the future( Night Trasher, Hood) and some I haven't started on them yet( Ronin, Masacre). I also want to take to rank 5 Sentry, Dormammu, Nebula, Vulture, Ultron AoL, Crossbones and BPCW.
  • JerkobsonJerkobson Posts: 163 ★★
    I couldn’t find the odd r2 post but I find this.

Did this today.