**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Energy Resistance: Sorcerer Supreme vs. Hyperion

I recently r5 my Sorc Supreme and was checking out her stats, I noticed she has +2150 energy resistance listed as a passive ability. I was curious who this would compare to so I looked on Aunt Mai which lists Hyperion as having highest energy resistance in his base kit at 1131.

So my question now is if there’s a difference between energy resistance listed as passive ability, vs energy resistance listed in the base stats? And how would that difference manifest in the game? I do understand (I think, usually) the difference between active and passive debuffs/abilities, but I don’t see how that would apply to energy (or physical) resistance. Are there champions who can shut down or activate resistances based on if they’re base kit or passive ability?

Also does this mean Sorc Supreme has (almost double) the highest energy resistance in the game? I just looked up Havok and he has same passive ability number 2150 with 0 in the base kit. So Sorc Supreme is as effective against energy attacks as Havok?

Comments

• ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Tech Guardian has the highest energy resistance at sig 200.
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Yeah, that is sick. Just realized who I might save my generic AG for

So is all energy resistance the same, or does it matter if it comes via passive, sig ability or base kit? If there’s no difference, it’s all just a number, why would they make some energy resistance listed as passive vs just putting it in their base stats?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    It will not be double the energy resist, aunt mai also has a “stat calc” in the drop down menu that will give you approximate values when you plug in the info.

*there is also no difference.
    Imran said:

How about that max sig Mordo while blocking though?
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    It’s like armour rating, no difference wether it’s an ability or just a base stat. Passive energy resistance and stat energy resistance are exactly the same.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Imran said:

He has 7999 energy resistance.
    Maxed him out myself.

Imran said:

Maxed him out myself.
    That must be the 4* look at the 5.
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★

Imran said:

Maxed him out myself.
    That must be the 4* look at the 5.
    Wow, you’re not kidding. Mordo wins the energy resistance competition hands down, more than double max sig Guardian.

Thanks for the responses