**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

The best way to show your displeasure is dont give them your money on cyber weekend when you see the difference in deals separated by the titles. I won't pay for less because I have **** luck, if you do then you're confirming to them this was the right call.

That's entirely someone's choice, but it's a rash one. In order to have this Title, it's reasonable to have that as a requirement, considering the other requirement is Completion of Act 6, given that they've made it easier. There's always a choice involved with everything in the game. There's the choice to hold out for the "best" Champs, or there's the choice to make the best of what you get and earn more later. This idea that you have to have the perfect Champs before making any decisions is adopted by the Players, but it's also part of the reason people are so off-put with content that doesn't cater to those Champs, and also the reason people are using OP Champs of power Ranks and Rarities to get through Story before their Accounts develop properly. There are certain progress markers in the game overall. This is one of them. The highest attainable at the moment, actually. Making requirements is not mistreatment.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Kaloco14 said:

HI_guys said:

Kaloco14 said:

I appreciate this and the benefits look awesome overall especially the ones you’ll be adding progressively overtime but I don’t understand the r3 restriction seriously I’ve had act 6 completed for a couple months now and I’m almost half way done with exploration and I did everything else else in the game accept abyss and I’m still only half way there too a tech and cosmic t5cc I feel like it shouldn’t have that restriction cuz most players th at just completed act6 won’t have a r3

I know that nobody wants to hear this, but if there's where you're at in progress, you're just simply not ready for this yet. This is not aimed at Summoners that are still completing this content.
    How about this people who have explored act 6 and still don't meet the requirements? Theya r also not ready?
    No, they are not. Unless you have Rank 3 6-Stars on your team, this is not aimed at you.
    So it’s not ab progression it’s ab RNG that makes zero sense
    Isn't everything in this game? You pay $100 for a deal with a lot of 6* shards, guess whats coming out? A randomly generated champ. You want to do abyss, you need a select few 5* champs from.. oh yeah those 5* crystals which contain...randomly generated champions. Move on.
  • TensioTensio Posts: 170
    I’m not sure about act 6 requirements. Need to 100% act 6 or is it enough if I’ve beaten the grandmaster?
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Also does it mean every next progression level will have similar conditions? Or will people be able to skip this one, of they explore act 7 with r2 6* only?
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Ebony_Naw said:

Etjama said:

Kappa2g said:

I'm pretty sure you guys have the statistics, but how many players actually had a R3 6 star when they completed their first run of 6.4?
    The two milestone requirements simply do not match up or have any close relationship between them.

They are meant to be separate. They are 2 fold here. We could have just made it get 1x Rank 3, but then somewhere down the line, people will get Rank 3s before they complete Act 6, and that doesn't hit both milestones.
    Honestly, if you guys want people to 100% Abyss before getting this title, do it. It just makes way more sense than involving RNG into titles.
    100% Abyss is still lower than we're aiming for, honestly. This title is aimed at people that probably already have teams of Rank 3 6-Stars, but we want to make it more accessible. Again, this was originally going to be for somewhere in the next Act, which would have been aimed at players with multiple Rank 3 Champions.
    I'm a bit confused by this lol. So you're goal was to keep this title at a threshold of player who has explored Abyss, but you decided to make it more accessible? Um... thanks?
    We all know why they made it “accessible” (it’s not accessible it’s a huge tease), make the gap between the two components of the title big enough that the only way to get to the latter component, a r3, quickly after finish act 6 is to spend on deals or spend through act 6 exploration.

Now this won’t apply to all people finishing, but surely for a lot it will and those will be the ones that are already playing roster catchup.

I’m in that boat I finished act 6 just before the nerfs started with 5 r5s, I’m miles away from a r3.

I’m a grown man with a family, I can resist the temptation to push on but others won’t and will succumb to peer pressure and open their wallets.

They know exactly what they are doing.

Surely a fair marker if they want it to be for summoners that are so advanced is just the original title, 100% act 6?

• JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Kabam promised to do better in the future in the roadmap. The r3 restriction is a major transgression on that promise. Include a t5cc selector in act 6 completion rewards, or get rid of the r3 restriction full stop.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    JChanceH9 said:

Kabam promised to do better in the future in the roadmap. The r3 restriction is a major transgression on that promise. Include a t5cc selector in act 6 completion rewards, or get rid of the r3 restriction full stop.

@JChanceH9 Ok, ok, I'm with everyone on the RNG part but there should be NO T5CC selector in Act 6 initial rewards. Who the hell, in their right mind, would ever think that.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

No matter how many times I make the point, people still overlook it. What you're working with in your Roster has, is, and will always be, another measure of progress.

Having the highest available ranking of champion doesn't necessarily determine progress. BG didn't have an r3 for the longest time. Imagine if he didn't r3 torch? Then what? Just think about that for a second. You probably have a rough idea of how big his acc. is. However, had he not took up torch, he wouldn't be eligible for this milestone. That's worrisome imo.
    BG is the wrong person to measure these complaints on. He all but quit the progression game late last year to focus on other things and only recently returned to it after the pandemic got in the way.
  • FaisaljavedFaisaljaved Posts: 15
    why dont kabam change the requirement to forming one t5cc of any class gets you the title you dont have to have a rank 3 with it that would be better as nobody will have to just rank up immediately
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited September 2020

JChanceH9 said:

@JChanceH9 Ok, ok, I'm with everyone on the RNG part but there should be NO T5CC selector in Act 6 initial rewards. Who the hell, in their right mind, would ever think that.
    I don’t think there should be a t5cc selector in completion rewards, and don’t know anyone who thinks there should be, so, who in their right mind would require the use of a t5cc to claim the title? You’re making my point for me.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Etjama said:

Kappa2g said:

I'm pretty sure you guys have the statistics, but how many players actually had a R3 6 star when they completed their first run of 6.4?
    The two milestone requirements simply do not match up or have any close relationship between them.

They are meant to be separate. They are 2 fold here. We could have just made it get 1x Rank 3, but then somewhere down the line, people will get Rank 3s before they complete Act 6, and that doesn't hit both milestones.
    Honestly, if you guys want people to 100% Abyss before getting this title, do it. It just makes way more sense than involving RNG into titles.
    100% Abyss is still lower than we're aiming for, honestly. This title is aimed at people that probably already have teams of Rank 3 6-Stars, but we want to make it more accessible. Again, this was originally going to be for somewhere in the next Act, which would have been aimed at players with multiple Rank 3 Champions.
    So what I am I hearing is that this was planned to roll out in book 2 as part of long term plans and isn’t something you can put off. Being that you pushed back book 2 due to feedback you now need to get this into the game before upcoming events so future plans are not also disrupted.

The progression requirements were meant to be much more restrictive but since the content to meet those requirements has been delayed you need to at least put in something similar?
    I suspect it might be less an issue of delay, and more an issue of structure. Act 6 and Book 2 were originally envisioned as traditional end game content in my opinion. They were designed under the idea that if most players can't do it, too bad. But as the philosophy has changed to be more like everyone should *eventually* be able to do it, and the difficulty and rewards should be more of a graceful step up from Uncollected to Cav to beyond within that content, the title made less sense to embed within Book 2, because Book 2 would not place as high of a progressional burden.

At the risk of oversimplifying, I think Thronebreaker is intended to be an end game title (today, before future titles supplant it), but completing Act 6 and even Book 2 is no longer seen as only an end gamer's activity. So instead Kabam wanted to shift from a content-clearing title like Uncollected or Cav to something else that is more correlated with end game accomplishments, and rank 3 rank ups was the obvious next choice. But while content-clearing titles are pretty binary, either you did them or you didn't, rank ups are more hazy because different people rank up at different paces. Some players rank up quickly, some want to rank up more deliberately, and of course things like spending affect how much rank 3 resources a player might have independent of progress. So Kabam decided to ease off of "multiple rank 3s" as being the marker of an end game player for the purposes of the title, and require just one to make sure that the requirement wasn't so high that it cut off too many end game players from the title.
    Pretty much how I feel. With the severe reduction in story content difficulty, there's not really too many other ways they can segment off sections of the playerbase besides also including a measure of roster strength/size.

I understand people not liking it but with the new direction in content design it's not surprising they also revisited title requirements
    So explain to me how someone who has barely completed Act 6 belongs in that group while someone who has explored everything doesn't.
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    edited September 2020

Barter33 said:

So I don’t just have the resources for a rank 3 and have act 6 100%.... I have 2 SCIENCE T5CC..... given that I have no science I feel comfortable ranking as a 6*, I think it is a very bad choice to base a progression title on an RNG rank up material.

This is a choice that you have to make. You are under no pressure to choose one of those Champions if you don't want to. This title is not going anywhere. As T5CC become more common, you'll have more choices, but at this time, this is the way that we have decided to separate the next tier in a way that takes into account both your progression in-game, and your roster progression.
    So exactly what is your philosophy change??? I am curious to see how your philosophy change got you to think that locking this behind an r3 6* is a good thing.

Because from my point of view making it about only completion of act 6 widens the pool, i just don't get the other part of the requirement.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    JChanceH9 said:

JChanceH9 said:

I don’t think there should be a t5cc selector in completion rewards, and don’t know anyone who thinks there should be, so, who in their right mind would require the use of a t5cc to claim the title?
    Because the title is supposed to be for people that are farther along. I've been saying that Kabam should've just left it at Act 6 100% and been done with it. They're being very unclear about certain aspects but overall I'd say that this title is not for people who have done their Act 6 completion.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

DNA3000 said:

Etjama said:

Kappa2g said:

So what I am I hearing is that this was planned to roll out in book 2 as part of long term plans and isn’t something you can put off. Being that you pushed back book 2 due to feedback you now need to get this into the game before upcoming events so future plans are not also disrupted.

The progression requirements were meant to be much more restrictive but since the content to meet those requirements has been delayed you need to at least put in something similar?
    I suspect it might be less an issue of delay, and more an issue of structure. Act 6 and Book 2 were originally envisioned as traditional end game content in my opinion. They were designed under the idea that if most players can't do it, too bad. But as the philosophy has changed to be more like everyone should *eventually* be able to do it, and the difficulty and rewards should be more of a graceful step up from Uncollected to Cav to beyond within that content, the title made less sense to embed within Book 2, because Book 2 would not place as high of a progressional burden.

At the risk of oversimplifying, I think Thronebreaker is intended to be an end game title (today, before future titles supplant it), but completing Act 6 and even Book 2 is no longer seen as only an end gamer's activity. So instead Kabam wanted to shift from a content-clearing title like Uncollected or Cav to something else that is more correlated with end game accomplishments, and rank 3 rank ups was the obvious next choice. But while content-clearing titles are pretty binary, either you did them or you didn't, rank ups are more hazy because different people rank up at different paces. Some players rank up quickly, some want to rank up more deliberately, and of course things like spending affect how much rank 3 resources a player might have independent of progress. So Kabam decided to ease off of "multiple rank 3s" as being the marker of an end game player for the purposes of the title, and require just one to make sure that the requirement wasn't so high that it cut off too many end game players from the title.
    Pretty much how I feel. With the severe reduction in story content difficulty, there's not really too many other ways they can segment off sections of the playerbase besides also including a measure of roster strength/size.

I understand people not liking it but with the new direction in content design it's not surprising they also revisited title requirements
    So explain to me how someone who has barely completed Act 6 belongs in that group while someone who has explored everything doesn't.
    The likelihood of someone that has explored "everything" having zero R3 options is basically slim to none. Is it possible and are there probably a small number of people out there in that situation? Absolutely. It's not remotely going to be the norm or even slightly common
  • Ankush69Ankush69 Posts: 21
    My thoughts?
    It was definitely necessary . Reason being that as the game naturally progresses, kabam has to introduce next tier of rewards and that's how they doing it through "ThroneBreaker" title.
    But what I speculate is Kabam is just being lazy , they just don't want to fix act6 at all but since they have to somehow introduce next progression level , this is how they choose to do it and as a result 6-star r3 influx will be even more now imo like 1 6* r3 every 2 months and eventually players will care less and less about act6 rewards . Act6 will eventually become something similar to act4 is now, nobody bothers to explore it with low ranked champs, they come back to act4 when it's cakewalk and that's when people would come back for act6 100% that is when their rosters are way higher than what actually act6 was intended for(5/65s).