**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Its not a good idea IMO and it forces players to make rank ups, Im done act 6 100% and abyss (not 100% abyss) and I am unable to claim this title due to not having a r3 6*, I have mainly got cosmic t5cc I have 2.6 currently, I have never spent on a single t5cc offer including 4th of july offers, I will be r3 my venom who I love, but if I didnt have him id be very angry and I am certain many players out there are going to be forced to make rank ups due to RNG, and "Breaker Of Thrones" title is a very lazy idea. Being forced to make rank ups Is a terrible idea and has become waaaay too much RNG, It should be based off content done, not RNG.

It’s not forcing rank ups, it tailoring content to players that have made those rank ups. Players are free to move at their own pace.
    I want to get this new "Throne breaker" title, but am unable to due to the requirements, I am unable to, the only way I can is through RNG and being forced to rank up my champs.
    False.
    So tell me how can I get throne breaker title without having a 6r3 champ? It requires RNG for me to get a champ WORTH r3, I cant choose to have a corvus, cmm, surfer etc.
    That’s not why it’s false. You choose to rank up your champions to fulfill a desire for a progression tier beyond your current level. I would be happy to have that option not mad at it.
  • NøxNøx Posts: 77
    When I first read the requirements, my initial reaction was to be put off by the rank requirement but the more thought I’ve given it, I think making it based on progression of content and your account is a good idea. Like it or not, this game is about progressing with your account in part. You can’t have 6,410 prestige and realistically expect masters rewards regardless of what content you can clear. This takes a step towards rounding out how one progresses in game and I think that’s a positive thing. It rewards putting time and effort into your account in addition to becoming more skilled as a player. Not just singularly one or the other.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Its not a good idea IMO and it forces players to make rank ups, Im done act 6 100% and abyss (not 100% abyss) and I am unable to claim this title due to not having a r3 6*, I have mainly got cosmic t5cc I have 2.6 currently, I have never spent on a single t5cc offer including 4th of july offers, I will be r3 my venom who I love, but if I didnt have him id be very angry and I am certain many players out there are going to be forced to make rank ups due to RNG, and "Breaker Of Thrones" title is a very lazy idea. Being forced to make rank ups Is a terrible idea and has become waaaay too much RNG, It should be based off content done, not RNG.

It’s not forcing rank ups, it tailoring content to players that have made those rank ups. Players are free to move at their own pace.
    I want to get this new "Throne breaker" title, but am unable to due to the requirements, I am unable to, the only way I can is through RNG and being forced to rank up my champs.
    False.
    You good man? You having a bad day? How are you deciding for him whether or not RNG has been in his favor with champs and T5CC. You haven't even seen his roster and you're making assumptions. Jeez.
    I’m good but are you? You are conflating measuring a players progression with being forced into action, no one is forcing anyone other than themselves to rank champions and use resources they are not willing to or capable of.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

KingKevin said:

KingKevin said:

This is an amazing day for MCOC. This will go down in history. The only aspect of the game that was skill based (progression) now relies on RNG and wallet size. A day to be celebrated.

P.S. Don't come at me saying I'm salty lol. I am getting the title. I have multiple r3 champs and have finished act 6. Just think its unfair for people who have done the required content (without the strongest champs available) and just got unlucky with openings get roadblocked with progression.

Progression didn't just become RNG dependent. When 6.1 came out if you didn't have a good bleed immune 5* crossbones would screw you over.
    All they've done if set out another RNG dependent factor to roadblock progression. Kabams reliance on RNG isn't something that came out of the blue
    LOOOOOOOOL WHAT? You can't really be comparing these two things right? Crossbones is hardly a roadblock and if you aren't speed running the game, there should be no reason you don't have a single bleed immune champ by act 6. 30% of the champs in the game can handle that fight. How can you compare getting a bleed immune to getting a decent (top 7 in class) 6* champ of a specific class that you might have gotten lucky to get a t5cc of to take to r3. Progression was always mostly skill based. Mostly because 6.2 Sinister and 6.2 Champion were pretty RNG dependent but other than that.
    Yeah, people are always saying this about the current thing, and saying that all of the past things were insignificant in comparison. What it tells me is that all we have to do is wait a while, and everyone complaining about *this* one will be called silly and ridiculous in a year or so, and completely deluded about the problems they think Throne breaker has.

6.1 was originally called THE random progression gate.. THE, as in THE gate that was completely different from all progress gates before it, and the one that completely ignored skill, and the one that stood out among all other gates. It was the only thing the forums were buzzing about for months after 6.1 was released. By comparison, the complaints about Thronebreaker now are a squib.

If you're willing to say that all of that was really not a big deal in retrospect, that places the current complaints about Thronebreaker, which are actually much, much lower by comparison, in a rather dim context. In a year or two, people are going to be saying the same things about these complaints I'm quite certain. Because these titles always start off looking difficult to the point of being unfair, because they have to withstand the reward escalation that continues to happen in the game. It *was* extremely difficult to get T5CC and rank 3. It is now just a long grind for most players. It will be significantly easier over the next year, just as it is for everything else.
    Thank you, this place was a hellscape when 6.1 released and the 4* ban went through. It seems so insignificant in retrospect but that's how most things end up in this game. People are always so quick so find something to get angry about though, the new title doesn't have a time limit attached to it. It seems like time will be the deciding factor for this issue
    Nocko said:

I dont have a rank 3 6*, but have NF (no awakened) and resources to take him up... is this going to be worth taking him up?

Wait and see what the benefits of getting the new title are before making the decision.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Nocko said:

I dont have a rank 3 6*, but have NF (no awakened) and resources to take him up... is this going to be worth taking him up?

Wait and see what the benefits of getting the new title are before making the decision.
    they have listed the benefits of the new title, and if you wait till after Oct 1 then you wont get the new calandar update until Nov 1.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

KingKevin said:

KingKevin said:

This is an amazing day for MCOC. This will go down in history. The only aspect of the game that was skill based (progression) now relies on RNG and wallet size. A day to be celebrated.

P.S. Don't come at me saying I'm salty lol. I am getting the title. I have multiple r3 champs and have finished act 6. Just think its unfair for people who have done the required content (without the strongest champs available) and just got unlucky with openings get roadblocked with progression.

Progression didn't just become RNG dependent. When 6.1 came out if you didn't have a good bleed immune 5* crossbones would screw you over.
    All they've done if set out another RNG dependent factor to roadblock progression. Kabams reliance on RNG isn't something that came out of the blue
    LOOOOOOOOL WHAT? You can't really be comparing these two things right? Crossbones is hardly a roadblock and if you aren't speed running the game, there should be no reason you don't have a single bleed immune champ by act 6. 30% of the champs in the game can handle that fight. How can you compare getting a bleed immune to getting a decent (top 7 in class) 6* champ of a specific class that you might have gotten lucky to get a t5cc of to take to r3. Progression was always mostly skill based. Mostly because 6.2 Sinister and 6.2 Champion were pretty RNG dependent but other than that.
    Yeah, people are always saying this about the current thing, and saying that all of the past things were insignificant in comparison. What it tells me is that all we have to do is wait a while, and everyone complaining about *this* one will be called silly and ridiculous in a year or so, and completely deluded about the problems they think Throne breaker has.

6.1 was originally called THE random progression gate.. THE, as in THE gate that was completely different from all progress gates before it, and the one that completely ignored skill, and the one that stood out among all other gates. It was the only thing the forums were buzzing about for months after 6.1 was released. By comparison, the complaints about Thronebreaker now are a squib.

If you're willing to say that all of that was really not a big deal in retrospect, that places the current complaints about Thronebreaker, which are actually much, much lower by comparison, in a rather dim context. In a year or two, people are going to be saying the same things about these complaints I'm quite certain. Because these titles always start off looking difficult to the point of being unfair, because they have to withstand the reward escalation that continues to happen in the game. It *was* extremely difficult to get T5CC and rank 3. It is now just a long grind for most players. It will be significantly easier over the next year, just as it is for everything else.
    This exactly, oh how wonderful!!
    This is where I am with everything “new” added to the game. Wait and see.
    Jazzy011 said:

This is just like the 6 star gates all over again smh. You guys really never learn.

would you rather they gate it at 100% abyss as they originally planned? How is making it easier than planned "never learning"?
  • TruckaceTruckace Posts: 18
    edited September 2020
    Just pointing out the fact that there’s a huge gap in the requirement between completing Act 6 and having a 6* rank 3.

You practically have very little chance to form a full t5cc unless you’ve spent a lot quite bit of money buying those types of resources OR grinding out several more months of events (if it’s becoming as available as the current side event)

It makes sense to have the requirement as 3 Rank 2 6* or something like that since it’s actually achievable by the time you complete Act 6.

Either way, I’m not too against the requirements, they’re not completely unreasonable - I’ll get it, eventually.
    Truckace said:

There’s a huge gap in the requirement between completing Act 6 and having a 6* rank 3.

You practically have very little chance to form a full t5cc unless you’ve spent a lot quite bit of money buying those types of resources.

It makes sense to have the requirement as 3 Rank 2 6* or something like that since it’s actually achievable by the time you complete Act 6.

They expected the title to be for those long past it, they made it easier to get though. they have been very clear on that.
  • Lormif said:

Nocko said:

they have listed the benefits of the new title, and if you wait till after Oct 1 then you wont get the new calandar update until Nov 1.
    The Monthly Calendar update will come later. On October 1st, you'll get a new Weekly Calendar.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Thankfully. No horse in this race. So far away from T5cc that by the time I finally get one this will be moot. I can see why people who are close to the precipice are upset though. It’s like telling them they’re too short to ride the roller coaster even though they’re 18

Unfortunately, being 18 doesn't satiate the safety concerns of someone who is too small to ride safely on a piece of equipment that is engineered for the safety of a certain size.
    Lormif said:

Nocko said:

There's no monthly calendar coming October 1. And the benefits listed are pretty vague. New daily and 4 hour crystal that we don't know the contents of.
    Not worth using the t5cc now if they're so many unknowns
  • TruckaceTruckace Posts: 18
    Lormif said:

Truckace said:

There’s a huge gap in the requirement between completing Act 6 and having a 6* rank 3.

You practically have very little chance to form a full t5cc unless you’ve spent a lot quite bit of money buying those types of resources.

They expected the title to be for those long past it, they made it easier to get though. they have been very clear on that.
    That's fair. I just edited my original post after reading over some of the more recent comments. I'm okay with this.
  • DrWhoDrWho Posts: 2

Lormif said:

Nocko said:

The Monthly Calendar update will come later. On October 1st, you'll get a new Weekly Calendar.
    What are going to be the changes on the calendar?
    Also from the 4hour crystal what lvl of potions are we going to get?
  • MazraMazra Posts: 60
    Honestly, it doesn't make sense. For the players that have beat act 6, months and months ago, And have a very large 5* rosters and don't need 5*s anymore. To need a r3 6* to get the title is ridiculous. The 6* pool is so massive, and if u have bad luck or have only one champ that you want to use those resources on, but you don't have the t5cc(luck) for them, doesn't make sense for the next progression level. I personally have 30+ 6*s with only 2, maybe 3 (pushing it unawakened) that I would use it on. It would make sense if the requirement was 15+ 6*s or 20+ 6*s but a rank 3 6* without many t5cc selectors available makes player rank up champs that they don't want to, just to get the title and upgrades. Please reconsider.
  • MazraMazra Posts: 60
    Sorry for the rant
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

To be really clear here (and let the dislikes pour in), this is meant to be a differentiating factor between players in the Cavalier progression level, and those that are far advanced from there.

As you guys are well aware, there is a huge breadth of players that have hit Cavalier status, from those that have beaten Act 6 Chapter 1 just once, to those that have explored Abyss of Legends, and take on the Grandmaster and Champion bosses daily just for fun.

It becomes extremely difficult for us to make content that targets everybody in that group when one end is so far ahead of the other. As we moved away from making Act content our measuring stick for Summoner Roster and Skill Progression, we had to move to other measurements. Having 1x Rank 3 6-Star is quite low on the scale of differentiation since many of these Summoners have quite a lot more.

If you haven't hit that point yet, that's okay. There's still a lot for you to benefit from as a Cavalier, and those benefits will help you as you progress and grow towards the next level.

You know.. I usually don’t always agree with kabam here but I think this isn’t a bad way of explaining. I think a good middle ground would be for everyone who has 100% act 6 get this title. In the end it’s their decision. I have a buddy who is mad about this I have others who are happy. I’m indifferent but that’s because I have 100% act 6 and also have 1 rank 3 champ. I was lucky and pulled a mystic from 100% act 6 and used it on Claire.

If I didn’t and I was in my buddy’s situation, I would just hope I pulled something to rank in the next few pulls.

I’d be more on board with this if we had a better chance of pulling better champs. Example - when I finished act 6, my nexus crystal was spider Gwen, rocket and some other trash. When you finish content like act 6, those 3 shouldn’t be your choices. As cool a spidergwen is, she’s not rank 3 worthy.

Glad I had Claire and pulled mystic.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    Otherwise there’ll be no extra incentive to rank 3 those 6*s to qualify. And there are definitely a lot of people out there just sitting on their fully formed t5ccz
  • ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★

To be really clear here (and let the dislikes pour in), this is meant to be a differentiating factor between players in the Cavalier progression level, and those that are far advanced from there.

As you guys are well aware, there is a huge breadth of players that have hit Cavalier status, from those that have beaten Act 6 Chapter 1 just once, to those that have explored Abyss of Legends, and take on the Grandmaster and Champion bosses daily just for fun.

It becomes extremely difficult for us to make content that targets everybody in that group when one end is so far ahead of the other. As we moved away from making Act content our measuring stick for Summoner Roster and Skill Progression, we had to move to other measurements. Having 1x Rank 3 6-Star is quite low on the scale of differentiation since many of these Summoners have quite a lot more.

If you haven't hit that point yet, that's okay. There's still a lot for you to benefit from as a Cavalier, and those benefits will help you as you progress and grow towards the next level.

I’ve completed Act 6. I can 100% Cavalier difficulty. I’m no where near a R3 because RNG won’t go my way. If you plan on making t5cc truly available to where I don’t have to 100% Act or complete an AOL path just to know you’ll have a full one, then this is ok. However if you’re just going to keep giving 20% a month and in that 20% you’re giving 2% crystals that FURTHER make it an RNG dependent title, then it’s a load of BS.
    There's a pretty great special Nexus Crystal and T5CC in the Abyss Rewards.

Before somebody else posts it, let me: "Don't have an R3? Kabam Miike just said beat Abyss to get this, like that's easy!"

The Abyss of Legends is an option but it's not the only way. And to be frank, this title is more aimed at those that can 100% Abyss of Legends. We just chose to make it easier than that for those that choose alternate ways to progress their Rosters.

If we hadn't shifted the philosophy for where to put this, you would have gotten it probably after Chapter 2 of Book 2 Act 1. This would have been aimed at Summoners with teams of Rank 3 Champions.

You have time. You don't have to do this today, or even right when this comes out. Use your Cavalier Benefits to help you progress our team.

EDIT: I had mistakenly said there's a T5CC Selector in the Abyss Rewards.
    I like this one!!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Thankfully. No horse in this race. So far away from T5cc that by the time I finally get one this will be moot. I can see why people who are close to the precipice are upset though. It’s like telling them they’re too short to ride the roller coaster even though they’re 18

Unfortunately, being 18 doesn't satiate the safety concerns of someone who is too small to ride safely on a piece of equipment that is engineered for the safety of a certain size.
    So in other words, "Being 18 doesn't mean it's safe for you." There's no reason to talk the way you're talking.

And the illustration may be flawed, but don't pretend you don't know what he meant. A better example may be that you're told you're too short for a ride that has no height limit.

It's a pretty similar situation seeing as lots of people should be able to get Throne Breaker, but woopdee doo, you can't get the title because of something you can't help (your 6* or T5CC crystal luck).
    There's absolutely a reason to talk the way I'm talking. I'm displaying a point that there are reasons for things that seem unfair to people who are excluded from something. No matter where you draw that line in the sand, someone is going to think it's unfair because that leaves them out. I consider myself to be fairly respectful, but I'm also not going to ignore the various factors that go into these decisions. It's not a personal "slap in the face". It's a factor that is necessary to separate levels of progress. The same points were made with Act 6, and I made my own the same then. There's a degree of entitlement that comes along with people getting through content as quickly and easily as possible, and it bastardizes the concept of growing and evolving Rosters and Accounts. Which, contrary to popular belief, involves more than just beating Story.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★
    Etjama said:

So in other words, "Being 18 doesn't mean it's safe for you." There's no reason to talk the way you're talking.

And the illustration may be flawed, but don't pretend you don't know what he meant. A better example may be that you're told you're too short for a ride that has no height limit.

It's a pretty similar situation seeing as lots of people should be able to get Throne Breaker, but woopdee doo, you can't get the title because of something you can't help (your 6* or T5CC crystal luck).
    I actually chose that simile on purpose. Apologies for any confusion. The way I was thinking was that an 18 year old was old enough to know the risks and have the ability to give informed consent; even with height requirements they had the legal right to make the choice to assume the risk whether it be unsafe or not.

I liked the comparison because it looks like a lot of people can do the content despite roster variables (assume the risk). But were barred (6* r3) despite their ability to make an informed decision.