**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Weird Blocking Bug

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
edited September 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
I'm exploring act four right now, and I turned on auto fight for most fights. One fight, I wanted to turn it off and play the fight, but i noticed that my character was holding block, even when I wasn't touching block at all. I could still control my character by swiping and tapping, but when I finished my action, it went right back to blocking. I turned on my screen record when I noticed and activated the thing that reads your swipes. https://youtu.be/9Kp1GLQwMgo

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I am contacting support btw just to let them know
    well someone doesn't like me judging by the disagrees, but it happened again todayv in act four. Same scenario-i turned off the ai mid fight and it held block. I turned the ai on and off again and that didn't solve the problem
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    I just tested it and nothing happened so maybe you have a fingerprint on your screen or something on the block side. It has happened to me before
    Crcrcrc said:

I just tested it and nothing happened so maybe you have a fingerprint on your screen or something on the block side. It has happened to me before

that's possible, but the reason I don't think that's the case is because I can interrupt it with any action. if I manually hold block, I can't do anything until I let go of block. Also, it doesn't happen every time, so it seems like it would be hard to reproduce

Crcrcrc said:

that's possible, but the reason I don't think that's the case is because I can interrupt it with any action. if I manually hold block, I can't do anything until I let go of block. Also, it doesn't happen every time, so it seems like it would be hard to reproduce
    Really? Because I hold block when dexing specials. It also could be a screen protector issue if you have one, or a real bug
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Really? Because I hold block when dexing specials. It also could be a screen protector issue if you have one, or a real bug
    if you mean that you hold block then swipe back to dex, then yes, that happens. What I mean is say your left hand is holding block and your right hand tries to swipe forward. What happened to me is that you could swipe but then it immediately holds block. Good point about my screen though. I might check it out

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

if you mean that you hold block then swipe back to dex, then yes, that happens. What I mean is say your left hand is holding block and your right hand tries to swipe forward. What happened to me is that you could swipe but then it immediately holds block. Good point about my screen though. I might check it out
    Yeah, it could be like the bottom corner where it doesn't affect anything but blocking.
  • JestuhJestuh Posts: 273 ★★★

I'm exploring act four right now, and I turned on auto fight for most fights. One fight, I wanted to turn it off and play the fight, but i noticed that my character was holding block, even when I wasn't touching block at all. I could still control my character by swiping and tapping, but when I finished my action, it went right back to blocking. I turned on my screen record when I noticed and activated the thing that reads your swipes. https://youtu.be/9Kp1GLQwMgo

Inputs have been super messed up for a lot of people in my alliance and in the forums for a few months. I haven’t seen any direct response to it.

How did you record your swipes btw? That could really help me show what’s going on to the devs.
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    This is a bug, yes, and I'm able to replicate it almost 10/10 times. Guess the infinite block was fun while it lasted, not that it was good anyways. It's not a screen thing or mis-input, it's an interaction with player AI and blocking.
    edited September 2020
    Jestuh said:

Inputs have been super messed up for a lot of people in my alliance and in the forums for a few months. I haven’t seen any direct response to it.

How did you record your swipes btw? That could really help me show what’s going on to the devs.
    my phone has an inbuilt screen recorder, and Im pretty sure every phone has some sort of screen recorder. the one my phone has something that traces my inputs like that
    @Jestuh

RU11011 said:

This is a bug, yes, and I'm able to replicate it almost 10/10 times. Guess the infinite block was fun while it lasted, not that it was good anyways. It's not a screen thing or mis-input, it's an interaction with player AI and blocking.

good to know that someone else has the problem. I haven't used the ai recently, or at least after posting on this thread the second time