**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Auto block

Should autoblock bypass stun?

In other words, if an autoblock champ is stunned, should the autoblock mechanic activate before the stun expires?

Comments

• KingKevinKingKevin Posts: 26
    It depends on the champion. I know medusa auto blocks while she is stunned. I think IMIW does too (not 100% sure about him). But others like MODOK don't auto block while stunned. I don't know the reasoning behind this tho lol.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Some auto-block mechanics allow the champion to shrug off stun debuffs. Medusa is an example
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    It can go either way.

The fact Medusa can Autoblock whilst stunned used to be a bug. Then Kabam decided they liked it, and made it an ability.

Nova can also Autoblock whilst stunned.

IMIW and MODOK can't. I don't think Guardian can either, but not 100% sure.

This is purely for balance: fighting MODOK or IMIW if they could Autoblock whilst stunned would be pretty miserable.

It doesn't really make any logical sense: the champions who use Artificial Intelligence can't use this ability whilst stunned; those who rely on their own brains can Autoblock whilst stunned. But you would have thought that 'stunned' should affect your brain more than it does your suit's/chair's AI?

So it doesn't make sense. It just is what it is.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Thanks for the responses.

It was against a Nova.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Btw you can counter autoblock with an intercept. Why? Who knows :D

At least it works vs Modok
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Faseeh said:

Guardian auto blocks specials. I think he cant auto block last hit of specials if he was stunned during first hit. Insightful or not? ;)

Actually to add on this as I think this is pretty important
    Any evade or autoblock champion are "frame-locked" when you hit them with a special
    What this means is that if you throw a special when they are stunned, and the first hit connects, then they will never be able to evade or autoblock any parts of the special
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    FRITO_Man said:

Faseeh said:

Guardian auto blocks specials. I think he cant auto block last hit of specials if he was stunned during first hit. Insightful or not? ;)

Actually to add on this as I think this is pretty important
    Any evade or autoblock champion are "frame-locked" when you hit them with a special
    What this means is that if you throw a special when they are stunned, and the first hit connects, then they will never be able to evade or autoblock any parts of the special
    Pretty sure that's incorrect. I've had NC evade the 2nd and third hits of specials after landing the first
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Characters like Medusa, night crawler and modok I have parry stunned them and got two medium hits in before the stun expired.

In this fight with nova it was the stun from Thing’s sp2 which times out slower than a parry stun.

I just thought it was strange that the stun was timing down but shut off at the first hit.