**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Christmas Gifting Event NOT RETURNING??!!

HeraldofNoneHeraldofNone Posts: 509 ★★★
edited September 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Richtheman and Ilacskills have both confirmed they don't expect Gifting to return this year?!

Ilac mentioned he heard through ccp channels, Rich in a vid today about shard hoarding for Apoc feat 5*.

I have stick with mcoc almost solely for this event coming in 2020, if its canx then let me know now as the game has taken a dive with the Thronebreaker decision so not much keeping me here now if its gone forever.

Please clarify Kabam.
Thank you.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    At the end of the day, what’s X’mas without any gifting? Tis not the season to be losing all meaning ya know
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    There's no way they're getting rid of gifting event. They'll likely change it a but I don't see them removing it. If they make no changes and release it as is, then I have no words.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    They make so much money off it. It would be dumb to remove it.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    You will likely get a confirmation next to it's release.

Don't expect anything. If it happens, it happens, and probably gets announced.
    So for now, wait till December at least, or close to it
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I would wait and see. They won’t announce it until the EOM November anyway. Not much has been announced 3 months ahead. You’re gonna have to wait.

As for the guys talking about it on their YouTube channel, that’s all speculation probably. I wouldn’t go as far as saying they won’t have it. I also wouldn’t go as far as saying if they do have it’ll be the same. I think they change the way it works this year, whether it’s locking scores to alliance members who have been there a certain time, not counting points from new members. Something that will keep the fiasco from last year at bay. I don’t see them 100% controlling fraud but definitely better than last year.

You tubers have an in, but I don’t see them having an in like this for a such a HUGE money stream like gifting. This event generates more than an anticipated champion release. The people who hoard units even become slightly Spenders to help the alliance rank. I turn into a small spender (maybe an odin to boost my score) as before I won’t spend more than 300 combined all the other 10-11 months of the year.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

They don't think. That's not a confirmation. The Event has come every year. Let's wait and see what comes before we jump to conclusions.

Waiting is the issue Grounded, need confirmation now as it affects the next 3 months of progression and new title requirements makes an answer now even more important for me!
    What does Gifting have to do with the Title?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Only way to do it would be to only count gifting of anyone in the alliance when it closes, any other gifting buy joiners and leavers will not count. This will not stop the people gifting others and running arena bots. Unless you are locked into an alliance for 2 weeks with no movement there is no way to stop gaming it. Maybe make leaders opt in and no movement for two weeks no leaving no kicking. Can only gift in your alliance.

There is a way, those botters will not be throne breakers but those wishing to buy from them will be so prevent them from gifting higher progression tiers.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

SparkAlot said:

Gifting has always been ripe with fraud.

That is the big problem, and there is no good way to fix it because of the delay when people report CC fraud is usually 30 days after the event is done.

Yes the fraud is a huge problem, I just need to know if they are going to bring back Gifting with no competitive edge just alliance milestones. Or just Gifting badge anf nothing else maybe so we can gift our friends and ally members. My officers work hard and I have crystals ready to give them if I can!
    What would make you think any MOD would come and confirm this? At what point has any MOD done this in the past? When they are ready to share information, they will.
    I'm also curious about how you're sticking around for one Event a year, that lasts a few weeks.
  • My friend logged in every single day on 5 different accounts throughout the year ever since last year's event. He has 1000+ units on each, some even more. Once he explores Act 1 in all 5 he says he will have 7k units at least. Should I show him thsoe videos and break his heart?

I'm also curious about how you're sticking around for one Event a year, that lasts a few weeks.

I have farmed units on my alt all year for the last 3 years running, the Gifting Event has always been my favourite time of the mcoc year. What kept me around in 2019 was Silver Surfer coming (my fav Marvel creation) and that was a disappointing result overall. Gifting gave me FOUR 5* mutant gems from a 4 A.gem crystal pop (I was not happy at the time as had no mutants but pulled 3 decent ones this year thankfully!) I just love the event and season, I don't care who wins as I am not a spender these days (maybe a unit card at Christmas lol) I just like the unit hoarding target at years end and that everyone has equal chance at Kang/Thanos and some tasty rewards :)
    So you look forward to boosting your Main all year? Is that what you're saying? Lol.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

Richtheman and Ilacskills have both confirmed they don't expect Gifting to return this year?!

Ilac mentioned he heard through ccp channels, Rich in a vid today about shard hoarding for Apoc feat 5*.

I have stick with mcoc almost solely for this event coming in 2020, if its canx then let me know now as the game has taken a dive with the Thronebreaker decision so not much keeping me here now if its gone forever.

Please clarify Kabam.
    Thank you.

Not sure how long you have been playing or how familiar you are with this company.. Kabam likes to make money (like most companies), the gifting event brings in a lot of money.. so regardless of what some youtubers say.. expect the gifting event to run this year as it has for the past several.

Also, there were a few youtubers suggesting there would not be Throne Breaker deals during cyber Monday.. there will be..