**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    I’m trying to get the title before (or during) Cyber Monday. I saw they had an offer recently for a selector and figured that Cavaliers would have a selector in the offer as well just based on this. Also because they would just profit a lot if people spent twice , once as Cav, once as TB.

After I finish GM, I’ll have 32k for my unduped Ghost. I’m not really counting on the t5cc from side eq or cav exploration since its RNG.

So my options are either the t5cc selector offer Or do an abyss run. (I have backup champs I can r3 from every class except science and cosmic)

my team is

Aegon, SS, Fury, and a 6* r2 Doom. Don’t have Torch and my Void isn’t high sig (i can s200)

I have 20k units but I don’t think id do too well as it seems very difficult (nodes look quite intimidating and I haven’t even tried LoL yet/or played around with Aegon/SS much.

Should I just try the abyss even though I wouldnt be able to r3 anyone if i get cosmic/science and even if it costs me an arm and a leg?

• SeraphSeraph Posts: 65

xNig said:

The 6* R3 requirement is complete BS. I have 27 6* and not a single one of them is R3 worthy as they are either **** champs or need the dupe which will never happen if I take them beyond R1.
    Thanks again Kabam for being completely out of touch with your player base, your road map was just a farce to get us back in line and where's the damn help all button you promised us by September the months nearly done and nothing

Screenshot your 27 6* champs then? 😊

This is why I hate it when people complain about having no one to rank up. They almost always have plenty of rank up options but since they aren’t Ghost, Corvus, or Doom they just whine about it. Man-Thing, Hulkbuster, Sentinel, Morningstar, Mojo, Psylocke, and even GG and Dorm are all good/viable 6r3s.
    sinister mojo and Aegon even unduped
    What content are you going to do with those 3, over your R5 5 stars? They're wasted rank ups that you'll regret when you pull a champ that's actually useful
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Ignore me 🙈 got it wrong
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★

Wow so many people are over reacting, I don’t think people really know who this title is aiming for. Players at upper level of play have already an average of 8 6 star r3. This is who the title is aiming for. We have a player in our alliance with 12 6 star r3

Yeah I guess those players will appreciate the biweekly 1 cavalier crystal.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Seraph said:

ADDIS0N said:

Seraph said:

I've done a run of Chapter 6 and Abyss, have 50 6-stars, a science T5 CC, a science AG, but no worthy science champs to R3 as my first. Now I'm forced to do a bad rank up in order to get the benefits, how does that make any sense?

Who do you have for science 6* champs?

Just curious.
    I think this is the first constructive, non trolling comment I've seen on this forum, so thanks for that :)
    I have Wasp, Gulk, Electro, Luke Cage, Spider Gwen, Yellow Jacket, ABomb, CapWW2, Ant Man

I think I'd want to use the AG on CapIW, Void, Thing, Torch, MR Fantastic or Red Guardian
    Wasp and Gulk, both worth it.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Any explanations why would be appreciated
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Seraph said:

ADDIS0N said:

Seraph said:

I've done a run of Chapter 6 and Abyss, have 50 6-stars, a science T5 CC, a science AG, but no worthy science champs to R3 as my first. Now I'm forced to do a bad rank up in order to get the benefits, how does that make any sense?

Who do you have for science 6* champs?

Just curious.
    I think this is the first constructive, non trolling comment I've seen on this forum, so thanks for that :)
    I have Wasp, Gulk, Electro, Luke Cage, Spider Gwen, Yellow Jacket, ABomb, CapWW2, Ant Man

I think I'd want to use the AG on CapIW, Void, Thing, Torch, MR Fantastic or Red Guardian
    Wasp, Gulk, and SG are pretty good R3 choices. It's not that they're unworthy, it's just you being picky with who you want to R3.
    I haven’t seen a R3 Ghulk or SG, but I’ve seen a few R3 Wasps, but not many.
    I think people forget Gulk is a beast when you play aggressively.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    I think this is all too much and totally wrong.

Please give us the original act 7 back, would solve all these complaints.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

No. Did you even do the beta? That was horrible probably worse than act 6.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

@Kabam Miike

The major problem I’m seeing here is that not everyone whales for every offer. Some of us spend seldom on certain holiday offers such as this coming Cyber Weekend.

For those that are saying that its not a rush and that we have time through cav eq and what not to build resources/acquire champs. Well to put it blunt, this is just flat out wrong. Players will be at a disparity of rewards just because of bad RNG.

So my suggestion is at least offer more ways to acquire selectors before the deals release, that or at least for just this Cyber Weekend let the cavs that have done 6.4 have access to the TB offers.

Were you just given Uncollected and Cavalier? Oh... you weren't. Huh. I guess you'll just have to earn it like the other 2 titles.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Sure complaints but would do nothing to address why they/we need this now and not then.
    I fail to see how reverting OG Act 7 would solve the complaints. You'd have a really hard time doing it without an R3.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★
    What they really need to do is another 10% t5cc selector offer right before Oct 1. I bet they’d make quite a bit of money off that for all the people who are on the edge 😂
    Lainua said:

I fail to see how reverting OG Act 7 would solve the complaints. You'd have a really hard time doing it without an R3.

It's the intention. Upgrade your roster or don't do it. But great things were destroyed by a historical crybaby show, biggest and most ridiculous from a man that I have ever seen in my life.
    Act 6 and 7 weren't adjusted because of whining. It was quite literally taking Story into a place no one could grow into.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Lainua said:

It's the intention. Upgrade your roster or don't do it. But great things were destroyed by a historical crybaby show, biggest and most ridiculous from a man that I have ever seen in my life.
    To be fair, the original act 7 beta was just plain terrible. There were very few fights that were enjoyable and the majority of the paths were just designed to punish you for playing. Now, I do think the new Act 7 is easy, but it is also fun. Ideally, they’d tune up the attack values and healthpools a bit more and call it a day.

Lainua said:

Act 6 and 7 weren't adjusted because of whining. It was quite literally taking Story into a place no one could grow into.
    Hyperbole, many could just not the majority, please stop exaggerating.
    edited September 2020

Lainua said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/196950/what-does-the-mcoc-story-arc-difficulty-curve-look-like/p1

Lainua said:

Hyperbole, plenty could just not the majority please stop exaggerating.

Lainua said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/196950/what-does-the-mcoc-story-arc-difficulty-curve-look-like/p1
    Yes the thread about the difficulty curve shutting out casuals, again that’s not everyone.

Lainua said:

Hyperbole, plenty could just not the majority please stop exaggerating.

Lainua said:

Yes the thread about the difficulty curve shutting out casuals, again that’s not everyone.
    I said people progressing into it. I didn't say for the people who are so advanced they get through anything. Unless you want to create a system that isolates them into future content and doesn't allow anyone else into it, that's not what I'm discussing here.
  • Lainua said:

Lainua said:

Nah, it's not true. People beat Abyss with 2000 units, old act 6 can't stop the community this time this month, so will be act 7.

But let's give everyone fun content, no?
    Fun content over extremely hard content anyday
    Lainua said:

Lainua said:

It's just a theory, and it's completely false as history shows.

He only viewed it from health pool, he didn't look at how strong new champs will be. Health pool means nothing. If there wasn't hit cap people can go straight to The Collectors without spending a single revive.
    You're entitled to your opinion. Personally I can't argue with the information he provided, but by all means. Keep asserting every argument is just based on the lack of "gud".
    DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

Lainua said:

Markjv81 said:

The r3 requirement seems ridiculous, this is a story progression based title, yet the requirement (completion of act 6) doesn’t give you the rewards you need to have the requirement for the title.

Those materials need to come from outside the story based content such as abyss, high level AQ/AW, spending, act 6 exploration etc

How can it be classed as story based?

There is no more story content, that died with act 6 as far as being any type of measure of progression
    It's sad. When profit killed all great things in the game.

They should keep act 6 as it was and make act 7 as challenging as possible.
    That would have broken the line of progression in ways no one would have been able to get past.
    no, it really would not have.
    "No one" is an exaggerataion. But it was way outside the line where we could expect average players to be able to get past the content in any reasonable amount of time. Which would be a game-threatening state of affairs if the majority of your playerbase gets for all intents and purposes permanently blockaded from all future game progress above a certain point, and the resources necessary to get past that content were themselves gated to getting past that content.

The alternative would have been to flood the earlier game with the kinds of resources necessary to get past Act 6, which would itself be game-breaking as it would completely moot the pre-Act 6 game.

If Act 6 was going to be the *last* story arc content ever released, it could make sense for it to be treated as end game content, where the difficulty is set arbitrarily high. But with the current plans to have an entire Book 2, and presumably a Book 3 beyond that, treating Act 6 as end game content with super high difficulty is literally nonsensical. It implies that for the average player only a fraction of the Story Arc Content will ever be experienced. That is a very marginal game targeted only at hardcore top tier game players. Which MCOC is not.
    And since you take his posts as gospel let him contradict you in his own words.