**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Game resets [Fix in Progress]

edited September 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Iphone 7
Just recently installed lates iOS 11 if the game is on and i open another app such as Line then return to the game it often resets. Meaning i have to login again etc. it happens about 50% of the time. Never used to do this until iOS 11
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• RoraRora Posts: 124
    keep background running open for the game
  • edited September 2017
    It is running but only works 50% of thevtime after update for iOS
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @Zoddymam. Sorry to see that you're having this issue on iOS 11. We actually have some good optimizations for iOS 11 in today's 15.1 patch, so you should hopefully see improvements after you update. Thanks for hanging in there.
  • Its cool more of a minor annoyance than anything look foward to the update
  • RentonXDRentonXD Posts: 132
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey @Zoddymam. Sorry to see that you're having this issue on iOS 11. We actually have some good optimizations for iOS 11 in today's 15.1 patch, so you should hopefully see improvements after you update. Thanks for hanging in there.

I’m on iOS 11.0.1 and at MCOC 15.1 and still have the issue that the game keeps restarting (nearly) every single time I switch apps.
  • I am still waiting for the actual patch:(
  • RentonXD wrote: »

I’m on iOS 11.0.1 and at MCOC 15.1 and still have the issue that the game keeps restarting (nearly) every single time I switch apps.

Yep i am on both new updates. Still has the same problem of going to other apps and the game doesn’t consistently stay in background but resets
  • like i said in another post .. same issue with mine i would definitely suggest to stick wiht ios 10 for now.
  • tlhtlh Posts: 41

Nope, no improvements here. Newest versions of both iOS & the game
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    edited September 2017
    Yes, I'm experiencing this too. . Everytime my phone goes to lock screen after update and I open MCOC it restarts. Anyone found a temporary solution to this?
    @Kabam Wolf: Are you still in it? Are there any news?
  • Yes nearly every iOS 11 User has this bug. Pretty annoying.
    *bump* please keep investigating this issue @Kabam Wolf
  • An issue I've been experiencing for the last couple of months has been the game closing by itself before even passing the first loading screen. I'm on a Samsung A5 with up-to-date software and the newest version of MCOC
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Same problem here. And it should be ios 11 cos i didn’t have an issue before.

I paused the game, press the lock button (to turn off the screen), and go back to the game as quick as 10 secs later but the game will still reload. It’s annoying if I sometimes have to stop playing midway through a fight and this will then trigger fight recovery (or not and I lose the fight if it happens twice within 2 hours)

Come on. App developers should ensure that their app stays up to date with latest OS versions.
  • I'm having this problem even in iOS 8 and Android 6.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    This is still happening all the time. Any update???
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    iPhone 7+ here on iOS 11. Is anyone seeing a black loading screen for a few seconds about 50% of time when you turn the screen on then off again? I’ve noticed when this happens, it restarts ALL my apps, not just MCOC. The apps are still considered “open” but they restart when I click them. At first I thought it was Mcoc issue but it might be iOS 11/iPhone 7+ issue.
    Before updates (Game and OS):
    iPhone 5s with iOS 10.1 - no problem
    iPhone 6s with iOS 10.1 - no problem
    iPad mini 2 with iOS 9.3 - no problem

After latest updates:
    iPhone 5s with iOS 10.1 - no problem
    iPhone 6s with iOS 11.0.1 - problem
    iPad mini 2 with iOS 11.0.1 - problem

Come on @Kabam Wolf / @Kabam Miike this is pretty annoying.

Pls give us some feedback.
  • I also experience a game crash every time I switch to another app and return. Extremely frustrated with this.

Device : iPhone 7 Plus
    Software : 11.0.1

Need a fix ASAP.
  • Still having this issue.
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    It’s an issue with IOS not the game took my phone in today because the same thing was happening across the board with all the games I play
    edited October 2017
    Yea could be, as it was said that there is a new memory management in iOS 11, but why I can't find any article on google about it? (does someone?) Is it already headed to apple and are they fixing this issue or is it part of the app creators to handle the new system? If last one, than it should be told here to be fixed.

I have a lot apps that doesn't restart every time...
  • RoraRora Posts: 124
    i didnt upgrade to os 11 on ipad mini 2. so i think ill be happy with os 10.

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Is there a fix for this issue in the works? I'm continually waiting for the game to reload every time I spend more than about 30 seconds away (for example, in Line).

Whatever fix was pushed in the last update did literally nothing to remedy the problem--I assume it is an interaction between the game and iOS 11. Thoughts from the game team?

Dr. Zola
  • Yes need an update from game team.
  • Its even worse now used to be once out of 5 times or so. Now its every time have to relogin
  • B1gG4zB1gG4z Posts: 146
    I think it’s device specific guys. My iPad hangs and freezes when I navigate away or even if I get a notification like low battery. However my iPhone 6 is perfectly fine. Same WiFi etc so it has to be device specific.
  • Well i am on iphone 6 latest update and i am certainly not fine