**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

Lainua said:

Markjv81 said:

The r3 requirement seems ridiculous, this is a story progression based title, yet the requirement (completion of act 6) doesn’t give you the rewards you need to have the requirement for the title.

Those materials need to come from outside the story based content such as abyss, high level AQ/AW, spending, act 6 exploration etc

How can it be classed as story based?

There is no more story content, that died with act 6 as far as being any type of measure of progression
    It's sad. When profit killed all great things in the game.

They should keep act 6 as it was and make act 7 as challenging as possible.
    That would have broken the line of progression in ways no one would have been able to get past.
    no, it really would not have.
    "No one" is an exaggerataion. But it was way outside the line where we could expect average players to be able to get past the content in any reasonable amount of time. Which would be a game-threatening state of affairs if the majority of your playerbase gets for all intents and purposes permanently blockaded from all future game progress above a certain point, and the resources necessary to get past that content were themselves gated to getting past that content.

The alternative would have been to flood the earlier game with the kinds of resources necessary to get past Act 6, which would itself be game-breaking as it would completely moot the pre-Act 6 game.

If Act 6 was going to be the *last* story arc content ever released, it could make sense for it to be treated as end game content, where the difficulty is set arbitrarily high. But with the current plans to have an entire Book 2, and presumably a Book 3 beyond that, treating Act 6 as end game content with super high difficulty is literally nonsensical. It implies that for the average player only a fraction of the Story Arc Content will ever be experienced. That is a very marginal game targeted only at hardcore top tier game players. Which MCOC is not.
    And since you take his posts as gospel let him contradict you in his own words.
    If you want to be literal, then "no one" is an absolute, yes. I retract the word no one. I fail to see what that does for the point I was making.
    H3t3r said:

Lainua said:

Lainua said:

I fail to see how reverting OG Act 7 would solve the complaints. You'd have a really hard time doing it without an R3.

It's the intention. Upgrade your roster or don't do it. But great things were destroyed by a historical crybaby show, biggest and most ridiculous from a man that I have ever seen in my life.
    Act 6 and 7 weren't adjusted because of whining. It was quite literally taking Story into a place no one could grow into.
    Nah, it's not true. People beat Abyss with 2000 units, old act 6 can't stop the community this time this month, so will be act 7.

But let's give everyone fun content, no?
    Fun content over extremely hard content anyday
    To be fair, having seen Act 7, I appreciate the balance. I think appropriately hard and fun is a reasonable goal. I don't think it's impossible to merge the two. I think there's a danger in leaning too much to either side and sacrificing the other. Only, there's always going to be a Sadist who thinks everything is too easy. Lol.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

H3t3r said:

Lainua said:

Lainua said:

I fail to see how reverting OG Act 7 would solve the complaints. You'd have a really hard time doing it without an R3.

It's the intention. Upgrade your roster or don't do it. But great things were destroyed by a historical crybaby show, biggest and most ridiculous from a man that I have ever seen in my life.
    Act 6 and 7 weren't adjusted because of whining. It was quite literally taking Story into a place no one could grow into.
    Nah, it's not true. People beat Abyss with 2000 units, old act 6 can't stop the community this time this month, so will be act 7.

To be fair, having seen Act 7, I appreciate the balance. I think appropriately hard and fun is a reasonable goal. I don't think it's impossible to merge the two. I think there's a danger in leaning too much to either side and sacrificing the other. Only, there's always going to be a Sadist who thinks everything is too easy. Lol.
    i'm not so sure it's possible, cav difficulty was fun but SUPER easy for endgame players, and 7.1 is also the same, super super easy but fun content
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

Lainua said:

Markjv81 said:

The r3 requirement seems ridiculous, this is a story progression based title, yet the requirement (completion of act 6) doesn’t give you the rewards you need to have the requirement for the title.

Those materials need to come from outside the story based content such as abyss, high level AQ/AW, spending, act 6 exploration etc

There is no more story content, that died with act 6 as far as being any type of measure of progression

That would have broken the line of progression in ways no one would have been able to get past.
    "No one" is an exaggerataion. But it was way outside the line where we could expect average players to be able to get past the content in any reasonable amount of time. Which would be a game-threatening state of affairs if the majority of your playerbase gets for all intents and purposes permanently blockaded from all future game progress above a certain point, and the resources necessary to get past that content were themselves gated to getting past that content.

The alternative would have been to flood the earlier game with the kinds of resources necessary to get past Act 6, which would itself be game-breaking as it would completely moot the pre-Act 6 game.

If Act 6 was going to be the *last* story arc content ever released, it could make sense for it to be treated as end game content, where the difficulty is set arbitrarily high. But with the current plans to have an entire Book 2, and presumably a Book 3 beyond that, treating Act 6 as end game content with super high difficulty is literally nonsensical. It implies that for the average player only a fraction of the Story Arc Content will ever be experienced. That is a very marginal game targeted only at hardcore top tier game players. Which MCOC is not.
    If you want to be literal, then "no one" is an absolute, yes. I retract the word no one. I fail to see what that does for the point I was making.
    Yes when making blanket statements that claim to be literal, it’s important to be literal. Ffs

DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

Lainua said:

Markjv81 said:

Yes when making blanket statements that claim to be literal, it’s important to be literal. Ffs
    Hello forest, meet trees.

H3t3r said:

Lainua said:

Lainua said:

i'm not so sure it's possible, cav difficulty was fun but SUPER easy for endgame players, and 7.1 is also the same, super super easy but fun content
    That's the point of adjusting it to increasingly difficult within the context of Story, but not necessarily the most challenging for people who have done every challenge possible. Some people are just beyond most of what the game offers. Only, using them as the bar without considering progress comes at a detriment to others.

It was quite literally taking Story into a place no one could grow into.

DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

Lainua said:

Markjv81 said:

Going to assume you’re trolling at this point. You literally were the one claiming to be literal in your statement not I.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

The focus should be fun and challenging. The issue is that not all can be fun and challenging to all. I am not sure I know what the answer is. The haves and the have nots are so far apart it is near impossible to see how to satisfy both.

If only they could do something like add a title that segmented off the playerbase some more so that content could be more accurately targeted at some point.....
    Mcord117 said:

The focus should be fun and challenging. The issue is that not all can be fun and challenging to all. I am not sure I know what the answer is. The haves and the have nots are so far apart it is near impossible to see how to satisfy both.

They could separate us with a progression based title allowing them to tailor content for the further progressed. Oh wait.
    Mcord117 said:

Ok big guys. Let me know when this difficulty comes out. I will own my words if I am wrong, but if you believe that is the motives of this title and that this content is forth coming then I also have a bridge to sell you.

To be clear I 1000% agree with both of you if thrown breaker difficulty starts in October or November or even December. Hell although it is a bit odd that someone who 100% act 6 can’t play act 7 I will even agree with you if they gate that. They won’t and both of you know that, but whatever. As I said before, by the time they release gated content to this title the gap they claim to be fixing will be just as wide as it is today

I don’t think you quite grasp the possibilities that a newer titled directed specifically at people with rank 3s has. It does not need to be a separate quest, it can be done within the quest itself, see 4* cavalier challenge.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

Cyber Monday is gonna be a bad time

You mean for those that arent TB?
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★

GagoH said:

@Kabam Miike

The major problem I’m seeing here is that not everyone whales for every offer. Some of us spend seldom on certain holiday offers such as this coming Cyber Weekend.

For those that are saying that its not a rush and that we have time through cav eq and what not to build resources/acquire champs. Well to put it blunt, this is just flat out wrong. Players will be at a disparity of rewards just because of bad RNG.

So my suggestion is at least offer more ways to acquire selectors before the deals release, that or at least for just this Cyber Weekend let the cavs that have done 6.4 have access to the TB offers.

Were you just given Uncollected and Cavalier? Oh... you weren't. Huh. I guess you'll just have to earn it like the other 2 titles.
    Dont bother commenting if you’re going to spew nonsense, I was offering a solution that could have benefited those that got the bottom end of the stick here
    edited September 2020

DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

Lainua said:

Markjv81 said:

Going to assume you’re trolling at this point. You literally were the one claiming to be literal in your statement not I.
    Apparently you've never heard of literal being an expression. Ever see The Kardashians or Chef Ramsay? Regardless, I amended my original claim, so at this point you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. There was a point I was making. You apparently ignored it. Literally.

DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

Lainua said:

Markjv81 said:

Apparently you've never heard of literal being an expression. Ever see The Kardashians or Chef Ramsay? Regardless, I amended my original claim, so at this point you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. There was a point I was making. You apparently ignored it. Literally.
    Just take your licks, unless you want people to play Mad libs with your posts, I wonder if they’d make more or less sense? using the kardashians and chef Ramsey (No I don’t watch them) as reference for the use of “quite literally” explains a lot I suppose.

Btw if we apply your amendment and omit the use of no one your comment reads “ It was quite literally taking Story into a place could grow into.” That makes no sense so I guess the point was you were evidencing your claim with nonsense?
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    I don't know how good of an idea this is, but why not put fragment selectors or crystals in 7.1? Say there's a 5% selector at the end of each quest in 7.1, you'll end up with 30% from chapter completion by itself. Coupled with Cavalier exploration and alliance events, an active player should have no trouble getting a t5cc to rank 3 a champion. It's not a perfect solution, since some people will argue that they don't have a champion worthy of rank 3, but to me it seems fair.

Even better, you can create a larger gap between Cavaliers and Thronebreakers by keeping the selectors behind 100% completion of quests. I say quests because it'll give more of an incentive to collect rewards by exploration, similar to how Cavalier difficulty rewards were structured.

I'm only at 6.3, so I'm not sure if this idea is terrible or not. Maybe someone with more experience comment on this? It's just a rough idea, but offering t5cc fragments in 7.1 allows players to both progress further in story and in title progression. It could be offered for completion alone, but locking it behind 100% quest completion will incentivise chapter exploration to allow further progression.

This would only partially solve the issue of acquiring t5cc, so people who don't want to rank up "bad" champions, or people who got super unlucky would still fall behind. And the solution would only really benefit those who don't wish to complete Abyss or explore Act 6 immediately. I don't think that the R3 gate is a bad idea, so if Kabam focuses on more chances to form a t5cc in 7.1, it could make it just a little bit easier.
    MetalJake said:

Barter33 said:

So I don’t just have the resources for a rank 3 and have act 6 100%.... I have 2 SCIENCE T5CC..... given that I have no science I feel comfortable ranking as a 6*, I think it is a very bad choice to base a progression title on an RNG rank up material.

This is a choice that you have to make. You are under no pressure to choose one of those Champions if you don't want to. This title is not going anywhere. As T5CC become more common, you'll have more choices, but at this time, this is the way that we have decided to separate the next tier in a way that takes into account both your progression in-game, and your roster progression.
    When purchase prices are dependent on progression titles saying “you are under no pressure to....” is tone deaf and an insult to all who spend even a dollar or real money in this video game. Your under no pressure, just pay more for the same exact thing until you get a 6 star your content taking to rank 3 is a slap in the face. I did 6.4 completion the first week it was available and my best 6 star is awakened Masacre. He’s a **** champion for serious content and will be the same garbage champ at rank 3 for the content that matters.... I did the first part of the 2 requirements with 5/65 and rank 2/35 6 stars but I’m NOT GOOD ENOUGH in kabams eyes unless I can afford to whale out on thier over priced fragment deals or if I can’t WASTE a ENTIRE t5cc on a non worthy champion
    Can you give me an example of purchase prices being dependent on titles?

DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

Lainua said:

Markjv81 said:

Just take your licks, unless you want people to play Mad libs with your posts, I wonder if they’d make more or less sense? using the kardashians and chef Ramsey (No I don’t watch them) as reference for the use of “quite literally” explains a lot I suppose.

Btw if we apply your amendment and omit the use of no one your comment reads “ It was quite literally taking Story into a place could grow into.” That makes no sense so I guess the point was you were evidencing your claim with nonsense?
    Are you that bored for an argument? I'm moving on. You can amuse yourself.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    After more time thinking about it. The force rankup sucks but most players who can complete act 6 most likely have a t5cc at full. So I no longer have an issue with this. One forced rankup isn't the end of the world. It could've been much worse. Believe it or not 100% of act 6 is much harder than 1 r3 6 star.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

GagoH said:

@Kabam Miike

The major problem I’m seeing here is that not everyone whales for every offer. Some of us spend seldom on certain holiday offers such as this coming Cyber Weekend.

For those that are saying that its not a rush and that we have time through cav eq and what not to build resources/acquire champs. Well to put it blunt, this is just flat out wrong. Players will be at a disparity of rewards just because of bad RNG.

So my suggestion is at least offer more ways to acquire selectors before the deals release, that or at least for just this Cyber Weekend let the cavs that have done 6.4 have access to the TB offers.

Were you just given Uncollected and Cavalier? Oh... you weren't. Huh. I guess you'll just have to earn it like the other 2 titles.
    Dont bother commenting if you’re going to spew nonsense, I was offering a solution that could have benefited those that got the bottom end of the stick here
    Oh ok. Let me know when you offer a solution, cause all I see is nonsense.
    edited September 2020

After more time thinking about it. The force rankup sucks but most players who can complete act 6 most likely have a t5cc at full. So I no longer have an issue with this. One forced rankup isn't the end of the world. It could've been much worse. Believe it or not 100% of act 6 is much harder than 1 r3 6 star.

It's not really a forced Rank Up. It's just a requirement for the Title. When people have one, they will get it. There's no force or urgency.
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
    This title is designed for true current endgame players..if you have 100 percented the abyss and 100 percented act 6 you have been in this game long enough to have many many 6 stars and most of these players have multiple rank 3 champs..this is who it is designed for and it’s about time there is separation between those who just became cavalier and those who have finished all content in the game
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    I think my one suggestion is this time dont wait 2 years for a throne breaker eq difficulty.