**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6* Annoucement - please read

When I think about 6*'s coming into this game, it really disappoints me and I know a ton of other high profile players that feel the exact way.

I do love playing this game and have done so since the beginning. One thought that I had was to make it possible to take your 5* champs to 6*. After you get them to 5/65, the next upgrade would be 6* rank 1. You can't say it's not hugely disappointing to get some amazing 5* champs and then have to get them again at 6* and start over. This game can't continue like that. It only makes sense from a progression view to do this. It gives people something to look forward to. What your doing does the exact opposite. Why not?

Dom13177

Comments

• Because they never did it for 1,2,3 or 4*s. You can't take a 3* 4/40 to 4* 1/1. Why would 5* be any different?
  • Coming from someone who has no 5* 4/55
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I agree with this and I've seen many others say similar. I have yet to see a mod address it, but it would go a really long way for me personally to accept the change. I'm not looking forward to re-starting a new collection with the same old Cyclops, ant-man, juggernaut that i got as my first 5* champs. It's boring and backward, IMO.
  • I agree with this and I've seen many others say similar. I have yet to see a mod address it, but it would go a really long way for me personally to accept the change. I'm not looking forward to re-starting a new collection with the same old Cyclops, ant-man, juggernaut that i got as my first 5* champs. It's boring and backward, IMO.

Think most of us feel this way but kabam won't respond to it. If they actually allowed us to turn out 5's into 6*'s, the player base would be extremely happy. That's progression and gives everyone something to look forward to. I also agree that I can't continue with this game if they go 6* cause where will it ever end. Total money ploy.

Let us turn our 5* 5/65 into 6* rank 1's. If they say no, then we all know it's a pure money grab. Kabam Miike, adora, someone please respond.

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    I think the majority would prefer 6-stars to be normal champs, not evolutions of the 5-stars
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    I think the majority would prefer 6-stars to be normal champs, not evolutions of the 5-stars

I think it should be a combo. Roll out 6* like they plan to, but also add the option for each account to advance at least a couple champs to 6*. This takes care of those without great 5* and also those that do have great 5*.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    We're way too late in the game to start upgrading the stars of champions. That would change the whole game.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I agree with the idea of 5* ranking up to 6. No interest in starting new collection of average champs that need to be duped
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Please do not allow us to upgrade our 5* to 6*.

Need to start to the new tier fresh!
    We're way too late in the game to start upgrading the stars of champions. That would change the whole game.

Maybe the game needs a change. The introduction of DR and CR changed the game for Kabam, this could be a way to change the game for the players. I'm sure the advancement cats could be made extremely rare/expensive (like T2a now). The only people that would complain would be the ones who have had poor luck with 5* champs and have nobody worth advancing. I'd be much more willing to start again with 6* if I knew I would be able to advance my 5* at some point.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

This. It's counterintuitive to how the game is now. They will most likely be introduced separately. Adding the ability to Upgrade Stars at this point is not feasible in my mind. It goes against the grain of the game with acquiring Resources to form and Rank 6*'s.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    im glad they introduced six stars. keeps everyone happy
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Add more levels to 5* and **** off with 6*. It's just asinine we're talking 6* when only a small percentage of players even has 2-3 5*r4. Lots of high end players had maxed 4* for over a year before 5* even came around, nobody can even max a 5* yet and they are already being fast tracked to tier2. Literally no one wants to see the same pool of garbage teir re re re released into fabulous new 6* and honestly I think it's gonna put a lot of player out of their misery.
  • Not one comment by kabam on this. Really getting tired of the money grab here. At least respond. Clearly a small percentage of players actually want this.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It would be a long grind to even get 6* so I’m not looking forward to getting them because I might get one a year depending on how else they release the shards for 6*. I’m just going to focus on my roster progression and collecting champs
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 158
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    It would be a long grind to even get 6* so I’m not looking forward to getting them because I might get one a year depending on how else they release the shards for 6*. I’m just going to focus on my roster progression and collecting champs

And then think about the fact that you want to dupe the six star champ. Extremely low probability anyone will. Now you have a brand new unduped six star champ, which will take away resources from the five star champ you already have and need them for, and it will sit there for months waiting for the mega exclusive six star Awakening Gem

• 313rd313rd Posts: 158
    And while they are reading and not commenting on stuff please DONT do the same thing to the pure skill post.

Read it and say something: "Hey, read this pure skill post, know it's frustrating but we don't have any info yet. Soon as we have something we will share it with you guys. Thx for your patience. ". Something!!!
  • RbvojtikRbvojtik Posts: 113
    edited September 2017
    Other games have done similar things to the increase char level once it is maxed, like Zombie Gunship. The trick is there that you have to sacrifice 4 other 4* weapons to bring one to 5*. However, with how Kabam has planned on not releasing certain champs to 3* and 4* crystals (and selling some champs as 3 & 4* that were available as 2*), this wouldn't fit in their plans for the game.

Plus, in this game, there is an overlap between where a 4* is as effective as a 5* (roughly, 4* r5 and 5* r3). Starting over at the higher level would cost a lot of money, cats, and iso, to have a worse champ.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    @313rd that’s exactly why I’m just going to focus on 5*
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I would rather see additional levels added to the champs we have now than 6*s. Let us rank our 4*s to 6/60, 5*s to 6/75, etc. Adding a whole new rarity of champs is just too much. Resources while they are getting easier to come by are still rare. Now we have to decide if we want to Max out our 4*s, or r3 our 5*s and hope t2a become available more readily, or sit and wait so once we get our first 6* we have the ability to get it up to r3, which will probably be harder than getting a 5* to r4.

It just makes more sense to me to add an extra level to the champs we already have to keep them relevant instead of having to start over with a 6* that will surely need to be sig 500 to match the sig of a 5* even.
  • That the issue. NO ONE wants to have to go and get 6* champs of their favorite 5*'s right now. You're not going to be able to put a 4* against a 6* in certain game aspects with challenger rating.

Kabam honestly does not have a clue what the community wants. They said they did this for top tier players so they have more content. Bullsh@t!!!

No top tier or even mid tier player wants this. It's all about the $$ to kabam. I worked 2 .5 years to get my roster of 4*'s and now 5's. It's so frustrating but even more frustrating is never getting a response from kabam on this topic.

First fix your game, then being new content. 6* champs are not new content, it's a money grab
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    I've seena suggestion similar to this, and it simply won't happen. There are too many consquences of letting something like that happen. Exclusive champs will longer be exclusive, as in the realm of legends champs and 4* deadpool will no longer have any value because you could just upgrade your 3* versions of those champions to 4*, without having to grind the deadpool arena or completing the realm or labyrinth of legends. Also not every champion is intended to be released in every new tier. Kabam stated that they were not planning to ever release scarlet witch or wolverine in 5*. Making a system like this renders that intention moot. Also, do you know how easy it would be to get high tier champions this way? The featured arena now would be useless. Anyone can simply rank up their 3*s, play the 3* arena for that featured champion, max it then upgrade it to 4*, bypassing the requirement of grinding the 4* arena. 4*s will have the value of 3*s, 5*s the value of 4*s, and 6*s the value of 5*s. The point of the game is to go up, not down.
  • solopolo wrote: »
    I've seena suggestion similar to this, and it simply won't happen. There are too many consquences of letting something like that happen. Exclusive champs will longer be exclusive, as in the realm of legends champs and 4* deadpool will no longer have any value because you could just upgrade your 3* versions of those champions to 4*, without having to grind the deadpool arena or completing the realm or labyrinth of legends. Also not every champion is intended to be released in every new tier. Kabam stated that they were not planning to ever release scarlet witch or wolverine in 5*. Making a system like this renders that intention moot. Also, do you know how easy it would be to get high tier champions this way? The featured arena now would be useless. Anyone can simply rank up their 3*s, play the 3* arena for that featured champion, max it then upgrade it to 4*, bypassing the requirement of grinding the 4* arena. 4*s will have the value of 3*s, 5*s the value of 4*s, and 6*s the value of 5*s. The point of the game is to go up, not down.

You just prove my point dude. You don't even have one 5/50 yet. Lol. Don't speak to things you have no clue about. When you reach mid to top tier, then talk. Right now, try getting one 5/50.

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    While I'm not 100% looking forward to 6*, I do disagree with the progression of 5* to 6*. Id rather the system they are planning on.

6* is of course, at its core a money grab. Anything that they change in the game will be to the benefit of them in some way, shape, or form. Same thing 5* were when they came out. It's a money grab because it'll make certain content easier and give the high tier more prestige to chase leading to more $$ spent overall.

That being said, the biggest reason this game continues to succeed for non-high spenders, is some people will spend $1,000 trying to get a champ, someone will not spend a dime and get that champ. In a way that levels the playing field. 6* resets the "They already have the best champ." and puts everyone on the same field again. I can see why that would be frustrating to some, and it is frustrating to a point for me, but I do like that structure.
  • Not one comment by kabam on this. Really getting tired of the money grab here. At least respond. Clearly a small percentage of players actually want this.

There may be a small percentage of players that want this as you say, doesn't mean they have to grant it. You can ask, they can say no

And to be honest

1- Most dont want this
    2- Kabam will not do this, ever

• You just prove my point dude. You don't even have one 5/50 yet. Lol. Don't speak to things you have no clue about. When you reach mid to top tier, then talk. Right now, try getting one 5/50.

So you get to decide who has the right to have an opinion on something that changes the game now do you? This is a forum (look it up) means other people have different opinions than you and are allowed to state them

You wont ever get this, so ask away, but no need to be a **** about it

There may be a small percentage of players that want this as you say, doesn't mean they have to grant it. You can ask, they can say no

And to be honest

1- Most dont want this

For the record, I am saying most players want the ability to take their 5*'s to 6*. And I agree bro, kabam will Never do it. All I'm asking for is a response.

And to be honest

1- Most dont want this

For the record, I am saying most players want the ability to take their 5*'s to 6*. And I agree bro, kabam will Never do it. All I'm asking for is a response.

Most seem to NOT want it imo, and Kabams response is no as you already know, so why ask?

And to be honest

1- Most dont want this

Most seem to NOT want it imo, and Kabams response is no as you already know, so why ask?

This is why I hate posting here. Doucebags like you who are no where close to being a top player has to get his dumb thoughts added here. I'm talking to the top 50 alliances. Who are you talking to? Bottom 50? Keep your comments to yourself bro.