**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Lovejoy72 said:

Pulyaman said:

People saying BG is an example of FTP really need to get a reality check. He plays practically everyday and streams almost every day. He is not an example of an average FTP. Also, I honestly think Kabam should have made this 3 R3 and act 6 exploration. If they really did want to divide the most advanced vs just cavalier, that should have been the metric. Almost anyone can complete act 6 and T5cc can requirement is too much rng. 3 R3 means you have done Abyss and you actually have little content to do and will enable them to release ultra difficult content to suite the elites.

I’m sure this is already been mentioned and I just don’t have the energy to read everything on the thread. But the timing of this seems a little suspicious. BG is the exemplar of the extreme of free to play, and he just got his first rank three. If they had released this any earlier they would have forced him into making a bad rank up. He can’t afford to not get the highest rewards available in the game based on his level of competition. But as anyone will tell you is pulls over the last several months have been awful.

While my main account was a bit of a whale account in 2018 and 2019, none of my alts are and even my main account now has zero spending other than maybe the monthly subscription. I’m on the fence as to whether this means I drop even further in activity or if I make a last whale run to catch up. I assume that’s what they are looking for?
    He doesn't spend money on the game. BG doesn't make bad rank ups to just to make a rank up. He had r3 options before this announcement and still has others. He buys unit offers mostly for 4th of July or black Friday. Most of the offers don't matter to him. His main concern is prestige. He won't be able to stay in 4Loki if he can't increase that prestige.

You really can't speak for him in saying that he'd be "forced" into a bad rank up. He wouldn't do that anyway.
    I knew it was, at best, a controversial statement when I was typing it. But I’m a little salty. I know this is a good move for the people it is good for. But it puts me in a weird spot, so, there I guess.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    MetalJake said:

MetalJake said:

Barter33 said:

So I don’t just have the resources for a rank 3 and have act 6 100%.... I have 2 SCIENCE T5CC..... given that I have no science I feel comfortable ranking as a 6*, I think it is a very bad choice to base a progression title on an RNG rank up material.

This is a choice that you have to make. You are under no pressure to choose one of those Champions if you don't want to. This title is not going anywhere. As T5CC become more common, you'll have more choices, but at this time, this is the way that we have decided to separate the next tier in a way that takes into account both your progression in-game, and your roster progression.
    When purchase prices are dependent on progression titles saying “you are under no pressure to....” is tone deaf and an insult to all who spend even a dollar or real money in this video game. Your under no pressure, just pay more for the same exact thing until you get a 6 star your content taking to rank 3 is a slap in the face. I did 6.4 completion the first week it was available and my best 6 star is awakened Masacre. He’s a **** champion for serious content and will be the same garbage champ at rank 3 for the content that matters.... I did the first part of the 2 requirements with 5/65 and rank 2/35 6 stars but I’m NOT GOOD ENOUGH in kabams eyes unless I can afford to whale out on thier over priced fragment deals or if I can’t WASTE a ENTIRE t5cc on a non worthy champion
    Can you give me an example of purchase prices being dependent on titles?
    The diff in the black iso store on featured 5 star bwtn uncollected and cavalier is one example13,000 shards for uncollected player 11,000 for cavalier. 4th of July deals is another one. Sure u can fill in the rest.
    Ah ok see I thought you were talking about the purchase price of cash offers because you’re saying it insults people who spend even a dollar.

Not sure how many people would value a couple shards over the rarest resource in the game.

And cavalier is behind 5 star champions so how is this different between uncollected and cavalier? Are they insulted also?
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 792 ★★★★
    1. It didn't necessarily buffed people's rosters, I'm currently like 20 / 0 on dual crystals for Doom/quake - and it still depend on RNG.

2. the problem is that the 2 requirements are 2 ends of a rope. Either have 6.4 completion, and with it have a certain number (10-15-20) of 5r5 (which fits the progression more), or if they want the 6r3, then have act 6 or 6.4 100% , they fit together more.

3. 7 stars are still faaaaar off the table, like, Avengers 5 far.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

1. It didn't necessarily buffed people's rosters, I'm currently like 20 / 0 on dual crystals for Doom/quake - and it still depend on RNG.

2. the problem is that the 2 requirements are 2 ends of a rope. Either have 6.4 completion, and with it have a certain number (10-15-20) of 5r5 (which fits the progression more), or if they want the 6r3, then have act 6 or 6.4 100% , they fit together more.

RNG isn't going anywhere. People seem to confuse reducing it with eliminating it. It's always been and always will be baked into basically every single facet of this game even down to how the AI acts in a fight.
    Also as time goes on, those 2 requirements you claim to be so far apart will continue to get closer and closer as resources like t5cc come into more areas of the game. Just like you have people doing act 5 completion with R5 5*s now when before it wasn't even possible until you explored it

benshb said:

RNG isn't going anywhere. People seem to confuse reducing it with eliminating it. It's always been and always will be baked into basically every single facet of this game even down to how the AI acts in a fight.
    Yyyyes, and...? I never denied that.
    benshb said:

benshb said:

Why is it even being brought up then? It's a part of the game all over. It being part of another one shouldn't be a surprise or a problem for anyone who's played the game long enough to get to this point

benshb said:

benshb said:

Why is it even being brought up then? It's a part of the game all over. It being part of another one shouldn't be a surprise or a problem for anyone who's played the game long enough to get to this point
    "They also released dual crystals and Cav difficulty.

This buffed everyone's rosters, yet the community expects content to remain stationary."

I just disagreed with this statement. Why would buffing rewards automatically mean that rosters will become stronger?
    benshb said:

benshb said:

benshb said:

This buffed everyone's rosters, yet the community expects content to remain stationary."

I just disagreed with this statement. Why would buffing rewards automatically mean that rosters will become stronger?
    Bc over time they do. That's just how it works. The fact you haven't seen an immediate affect from it yet doesn't change that fact.

Also as time goes on, those 2 requirements you claim to be so far apart will continue to get closer and closer as resources like t5cc come into more areas of the game. Just like you have people doing act 5 completion with R5 5*s now when before it wasn't even possible until you explored it

Yes, that's true. But if someone not lucky, or should I say BRAVE enough to upgrade any 6*, then they will merge with those who are currently getting like cavalier, but they are coming on the T5c business with a head start. Is this still the right way to separate players based on "progression"?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

benshb said:

benshb said:

You disagree that buffing rewards improved peoples rosters? nice lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

benshb said:

benshb said:

Rosters have been bolstered. The number of 5*s and 6*s we're opening now is much larger than previously. At least 5*s, and 6*s have increased as well. Buffing Rosters doesn't just involve pulling God Tiers.
    benshb said:

Yes, that's true. But if someone not lucky, or should I say BRAVE enough to upgrade any 6*, then they will merge with those who are currently getting like cavalier, but they are coming on the T5c business with a head start. Is this still the right way to separate players based on "progression"?
    Yes it absolutely is. There is zero point in using only beating story content as a measuring stick when it's become a participation trophy. The at least somewhat separates the playerbase on roster strength. Will some people that just happened to get lucky slide through as well? Sure. There's not much else they can do other than make the content requirements so high that people would be absolutely losing it. Can you imagine the backlash had they put the title behind Abyss exploration? People are seriously getting mad bc they made the title easier to get. Do you not realize how ridiculous that is?

benshb said:

benshb said:

benshb said:

Rosters have been bolstered. The number of 5*s and 6*s we're opening now is much larger than previously. At least 5*s, and 6*s have increased as well. Buffing Rosters doesn't just involve pulling God Tiers.
    Yes, I agree, I pull more 5*s than before. Those 5*s are either already r5, or champions that will never help me clearing content in deep act6, which means I'm still not getting closer to the fix T5c, to get my first r3 IF I'm lucky to pull a t5c that I need.
    Superc9 said:

benshb said:

1. Stop thinking that it's just you that matters. No one cares about you or me. Just because you didn't get the champ you wanted doesn't mean it hasn't helped others. On average these changes boosted champ accessibility significantly, so Kabam has to bump difficulty.

2. What looks insurmountable now will become much easier in the future. You can't fast forward yourself to the front of the line.

3. 7s aren't far off if the community keeps demanding things. Whether we like it or not, the game is slowly marching towards them. Whining, complaining and getting dual class crystals and Cav difficulty only speeds this up.
    I never said it was only me, but I'm one of the many people.
    And I know I can't fast forward, and I understand that we need an other progression separator, what's more, I definitely agree with that, but putting it behind a huge luck wall, or to be forced to rank up is not the right way imo. All I'm saying, make it a number of r5s instead of r3. It still depend on the same luck/force factor, but much less, and fresh cavalier players will still get locked out of the next part of the content/perk, until they have the enough number of high ranked champions.

Having access to better perks for a player with 1 r3 and like 3 r5s because they were lucky and just completed act 6 is not fair against someone who 100% done act 6 and has 35 r5s, but werent lucky enough for a good r3 .

In My Opinion
  • Petusko2811Petusko2811 Posts: 36
    Kabam can say that new title is for act 100% and abyss 100% will it better ? Same guys will complain as they complain now
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★

xNig said:

The 6* R3 requirement is complete BS. I have 27 6* and not a single one of them is R3 worthy as they are either **** champs or need the dupe which will never happen if I take them beyond R1.
    Thanks again Kabam for being completely out of touch with your player base, your road map was just a farce to get us back in line and where's the damn help all button you promised us by September the months nearly done and nothing

Screenshot your 27 6* champs then? 😊

This is why I hate it when people complain about having no one to rank up. They almost always have plenty of rank up options but since they aren’t Ghost, Corvus, or Doom they just whine about it. Man-Thing, Hulkbuster, Sentinel, Morningstar, Mojo, Psylocke, and even GG and Dorm are all good/viable 6r3s.
    sinister mojo and Aegon even unduped
    hmmm really? that's the first i've heard of Aegon being worth it unduped. so as not to derail the thread .. i'd love to hear why in a private message ..or reply either way.
    benshb said:

Lainua said:

RoOOts said:

Pulyaman said:

People saying BG is an example of FTP really need to get a reality check. He plays practically everyday and streams almost every day. He is not an example of an average FTP. Also, I honestly think Kabam should have made this 3 R3 and act 6 exploration. If they really did want to divide the most advanced vs just cavalier, that should have been the metric. Almost anyone can complete act 6 and T5cc can requirement is too much rng. 3 R3 means you have done Abyss and you actually have little content to do and will enable them to release ultra difficult content to suite the elites.

Agree, even giving the title out for 1000$ spent in game would be more honest. At least no RNG.

And if they asked 1000 dollars for requirements do you pay or criticize them again? You can say anything you want
    benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

1. Stop thinking that it's just you that matters. No one cares about you or me. Just because you didn't get the champ you wanted doesn't mean it hasn't helped others. On average these changes boosted champ accessibility significantly, so Kabam has to bump difficulty.

2. What looks insurmountable now will become much easier in the future. You can't fast forward yourself to the front of the line.

3. 7s aren't far off if the community keeps demanding things. Whether we like it or not, the game is slowly marching towards them. Whining, complaining and getting dual class crystals and Cav difficulty only speeds this up.
    And I know I can't fast forward, and I understand that we need an other progression separator, what's more, I definitely agree with that, but putting it behind a huge luck wall, or to be forced to rank up is not the right way imo. All I'm saying, make it a number of r5s instead of r3. It still depend on the same luck/force factor, but much less, and fresh cavalier players will still get locked out of the next part of the content/perk, until they have the enough number of high ranked champions.

Having access to better perks for a player with 1 r3 and like 3 r5s because they were lucky and just completed act 6 is not fair against someone who 100% done act 6 and has 35 r5s, but werent lucky enough for a good r3 .

In My Opinion
    Luck? There is no luck involved if you have 40 6*. Luck only a factor if your 6* roster is undeveloped. So as fas as I can see it, all the guys including you who are complaining have undeveloped roster and of course you are not the target they are aiming to.

And we are very fine with it.
    Lol, then look around reddit and twitter, you will find many people with 100% act6 and without a reasonable r3 candidate, Mr. Entitled
    Act 6 is a joke now. That's specifically why there is an additional requirement now. Plenty of people will be able to go straight from getting cav to exploring Act 6.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

Lainua said:

RoOOts said:

Pulyaman said:

Agree, even giving the title out for 1000$ spent in game would be more honest. At least no RNG.

And if they asked 1000 dollars for requirements do you pay or criticize them again? You can say anything you want
    benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

In My Opinion
    Luck? There is no luck involved if you have 40 6*. Luck only a factor if your 6* roster is undeveloped. So as fas as I can see it, all the guys including you who are complaining have undeveloped roster and of course you are not the target they are aiming to.

Lol, then look around reddit and twitter, you will find many people with 100% act6 and without a reasonable r3 candidate, Mr. Entitled
    Then they need to stop being so picky if they want the new title. If they wanna wait for god tier or better then they gonna have to deal with the fact theyll miss out at first. Theres over 100 champs in the basic 6* pool. Pick one.
    Buttehrs said:

benshb said:

Lainua said:

RoOOts said:

Pulyaman said:

benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

In My Opinion

Then they need to stop being so picky if they want the new title. If they wanna wait for god tier or better then they gonna have to deal with the fact theyll miss out at first. Theres over 100 champs in the basic 6* pool. Pick one.
    Ok. Fair enough. Could you please show me some unduped superior ironman rank 3 gameplay?
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

this change is rubbish.
    i have a 1.55m roster. 2 t5cc cats. Cosmic/Tech. 40 total 6* pulls.
    Here are my options for R3:

No Aegon so plz save the "just do abyss" I have opened 50+ mutant/skill crystals.
    I've opened EVERY single aegon incursion crystal. no dice.

Why should I force the rarest hard earned rankup resources on sub par champions so that Kabam can give me my next perk?

That makes sense... This announcement makes me want to just quit the game. Really feels horrible. Kabam is very out of touch with what reality looks like.

I could think of better ways to go about doing this:
    Bypass the R3 restriction by 100% A6 exploration. or Form 2 Fully formed t5cc and unlock it.
    But what they propose just makes me utterly hate this game.

Vision Aarkus is a solid choice for a rank up
    Superc9 said:

benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

In My Opinion

A few anecdotes won't change the fact that these changes buffed rosters game-wide. Instead of 1/150+ chance at the 5 star you want, it's now ~1/50.

You have ~3x times better odds and a lot more access to shards. You also have it much easier than players did 12-18 months ago trying to tackle the same content. And you're still complaining?

The players who paid their dues back in 2018-2019 now have r3s because they put in the time and work. And you're here asking for the same titles and benefits without going through the same struggles. That's entitlement.
    Enlighten me, what struggles do you mean?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

Lainua said:

RoOOts said:

Pulyaman said:

benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

In My Opinion

Define reasonable. People have a list of Champs everyone else calls worthy, and no one considers anything outside of that list.