**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

benshb said:

Lainua said:

RoOOts said:

Pulyaman said:

People saying BG is an example of FTP really need to get a reality check. He plays practically everyday and streams almost every day. He is not an example of an average FTP. Also, I honestly think Kabam should have made this 3 R3 and act 6 exploration. If they really did want to divide the most advanced vs just cavalier, that should have been the metric. Almost anyone can complete act 6 and T5cc can requirement is too much rng. 3 R3 means you have done Abyss and you actually have little content to do and will enable them to release ultra difficult content to suite the elites.

Agree, even giving the title out for 1000$ spent in game would be more honest. At least no RNG.

And if they asked 1000 dollars for requirements do you pay or criticize them again? You can say anything you want
    benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

1. It didn't necessarily buffed people's rosters, I'm currently like 20 / 0 on dual crystals for Doom/quake - and it still depend on RNG.

2. the problem is that the 2 requirements are 2 ends of a rope. Either have 6.4 completion, and with it have a certain number (10-15-20) of 5r5 (which fits the progression more), or if they want the 6r3, then have act 6 or 6.4 100% , they fit together more.

3. 7 stars are still faaaaar off the table, like, Avengers 5 far.

1. Stop thinking that it's just you that matters. No one cares about you or me. Just because you didn't get the champ you wanted doesn't mean it hasn't helped others. On average these changes boosted champ accessibility significantly, so Kabam has to bump difficulty.

2. What looks insurmountable now will become much easier in the future. You can't fast forward yourself to the front of the line.

3. 7s aren't far off if the community keeps demanding things. Whether we like it or not, the game is slowly marching towards them. Whining, complaining and getting dual class crystals and Cav difficulty only speeds this up.
    I never said it was only me, but I'm one of the many people.
    And I know I can't fast forward, and I understand that we need an other progression separator, what's more, I definitely agree with that, but putting it behind a huge luck wall, or to be forced to rank up is not the right way imo. All I'm saying, make it a number of r5s instead of r3. It still depend on the same luck/force factor, but much less, and fresh cavalier players will still get locked out of the next part of the content/perk, until they have the enough number of high ranked champions.

Having access to better perks for a player with 1 r3 and like 3 r5s because they were lucky and just completed act 6 is not fair against someone who 100% done act 6 and has 35 r5s, but werent lucky enough for a good r3 .

In My Opinion
    Luck? There is no luck involved if you have 40 6*. Luck only a factor if your 6* roster is undeveloped. So as fas as I can see it, all the guys including you who are complaining have undeveloped roster and of course you are not the target they are aiming to.

And we are very fine with it.
    Lol, then look around reddit and twitter, you will find many people with 100% act6 and without a reasonable r3 candidate, Mr. Entitled
    Define reasonable. People have a list of Champs everyone else calls worthy, and no one considers anything outside of that list.
    In your opinion, who would be even rank 2 worthy of them, to get used in any 6.3 lane?

CapIW
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
    Yeah, and now tell me who would use a unduped cap iw instead of a r5 sig 200 cap iw?
    Lainua said:

benshb said:

benshb said:

Lainua said:

RoOOts said:

Pulyaman said:

People saying BG is an example of FTP really need to get a reality check. He plays practically everyday and streams almost every day. He is not an example of an average FTP. Also, I honestly think Kabam should have made this 3 R3 and act 6 exploration. If they really did want to divide the most advanced vs just cavalier, that should have been the metric. Almost anyone can complete act 6 and T5cc can requirement is too much rng. 3 R3 means you have done Abyss and you actually have little content to do and will enable them to release ultra difficult content to suite the elites.

Agree, even giving the title out for 1000$ spent in game would be more honest. At least no RNG.

And if they asked 1000 dollars for requirements do you pay or criticize them again? You can say anything you want
    benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

1. It didn't necessarily buffed people's rosters, I'm currently like 20 / 0 on dual crystals for Doom/quake - and it still depend on RNG.

2. the problem is that the 2 requirements are 2 ends of a rope. Either have 6.4 completion, and with it have a certain number (10-15-20) of 5r5 (which fits the progression more), or if they want the 6r3, then have act 6 or 6.4 100% , they fit together more.

1. Stop thinking that it's just you that matters. No one cares about you or me. Just because you didn't get the champ you wanted doesn't mean it hasn't helped others. On average these changes boosted champ accessibility significantly, so Kabam has to bump difficulty.

2. What looks insurmountable now will become much easier in the future. You can't fast forward yourself to the front of the line.

3. 7s aren't far off if the community keeps demanding things. Whether we like it or not, the game is slowly marching towards them. Whining, complaining and getting dual class crystals and Cav difficulty only speeds this up.
    And I know I can't fast forward, and I understand that we need an other progression separator, what's more, I definitely agree with that, but putting it behind a huge luck wall, or to be forced to rank up is not the right way imo. All I'm saying, make it a number of r5s instead of r3. It still depend on the same luck/force factor, but much less, and fresh cavalier players will still get locked out of the next part of the content/perk, until they have the enough number of high ranked champions.

Having access to better perks for a player with 1 r3 and like 3 r5s because they were lucky and just completed act 6 is not fair against someone who 100% done act 6 and has 35 r5s, but werent lucky enough for a good r3 .

In My Opinion
    Luck? There is no luck involved if you have 40 6*. Luck only a factor if your 6* roster is undeveloped. So as fas as I can see it, all the guys including you who are complaining have undeveloped roster and of course you are not the target they are aiming to.

Lol, then look around reddit and twitter, you will find many people with 100% act6 and without a reasonable r3 candidate, Mr. Entitled
    Define reasonable. People have a list of Champs everyone else calls worthy, and no one considers anything outside of that list.
    In your opinion, who would be even rank 2 worthy of them, to get used in any 6.3 lane?

Unduped CAIW still good, not the best though.

But your roster definitely is not developed enough. Thousands have better roster and they are the targets.
    I can tell you this is not my full roster. It's just the bottom of my very r3 worthy 6* pulls.
    Superc9 said:

benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

In My Opinion

A few anecdotes won't change the fact that these changes buffed rosters game-wide. Instead of 1/150+ chance at the 5 star you want, it's now ~1/50.

You have ~3x times better odds and a lot more access to shards. You also have it much easier than players did 12-18 months ago trying to tackle the same content. And you're still complaining?

The players who paid their dues back in 2018-2019 now have r3s because they put in the time and work. And you're here asking for the same titles and benefits without going through the same struggles. That's entitlement.
    Enlighten me, what struggles do you mean?
    I made a post but it's under auto-moderation so I'll post it again.

Back then players then had less champs at lower rankups, shards were harder to collect, crystal odds were lower, rankup materials were limited, and the content itself was harder.

You want the same benefits as players who've accumulated a lot more rewards than you have. That's not living in reality.

Go and 100% both Act 6 and Abyss. Find a team that places top 30 in AQ and plat 1 in war. That's what they've done. Do that for at least 12-14 months and you will also have r3s.
    I know exactly how was it back then. I started playing in September 2015.
    I know it was harder. I 100% did act 5 with my only r4 champs being iceman and captain marvel. So I think (I hope) I did my fair bit of playing.

And oh, I just need 100% abyss (act 6 is fine), and join a top 30 ally? why didn't we started with this?
    Unfortunately im not 1. A full time YouTuber with all the time in my hands 2. A thick wallet.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

benshb said:

Lainua said:

RoOOts said:

Pulyaman said:

benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

In My Opinion

Sinister, Cap, even Mephisto has uses for stopping Buffs. If your only factor for the decision is 6.3, I'm afraid you're limiting your choices.

benshb said:

benshb said:

Lainua said:

RoOOts said:

Pulyaman said:

benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

In My Opinion

Sinister, Cap, even Mephisto has uses for stopping Buffs. If your only factor for the decision is 6.3, I'm afraid you're limiting your choices.
    I'd add Night Thrasher to that list. Very underrated. There's 4 Classes right there.
    Okay, you won. I'm not paying enough to have my sweet t5c. Good for those who had. So, we agree that the game become pay to win. Then can u tell Miike to change the "a test of skill/progression and roster maturity, we’ll be able to do that for the top-tier players." part of the main post to "a test of wallet"?

benshb said:

benshb said:

Lainua said:

RoOOts said:

Pulyaman said:

benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

In My Opinion

I'd add Night Thrasher to that list. Very underrated. There's 4 Classes right there.
    Okay. As soon as you have r2d any of the above, I swear I'm gonna buy myself through the content and r3 any of your choosing.
    edited September 2020

benshb said:

Okay, you won. I'm not paying enough to have my sweet t5c. Good for those who had. So, we agree that the game become pay to win. Then can u tell Miike to change the "a test of skill/progression and roster maturity, we’ll be able to do that for the top-tier players." part of the main post to "a test of wallet"?

Conveniently skipped over the time portion of that post I see.
    I didn't, but I think we can all agree that 90% of the players we are talking about got their materials/rewards because of the money they invested.
    benshb said:

benshb said:

benshb said:

Lainua said:

RoOOts said:

Pulyaman said:

benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

In My Opinion

Okay. As soon as you have r2d any of the above, I swear I'm gonna buy myself through the content and r3 any of your choosing.
    Mephisto was my first R4, and that was Unduped. He took me through a great deal of content, and came in handy when there were annoying Regen Buffs, or anything that made Fights a nightmare. No need to dare me. If I had them as 6*s, I'd consider it.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

benshb said:

I didn't, but I think we can all agree that 90% of the players we are talking about got their materials/rewards because of the money they invested.
    What is money used for in this game? Reduction of time needing to be spent. Progression is always going to equate to one of or a combination of money/time spent on it. If you're not willing or able to spend as much of it as other that's fine. Expecting to be at the same point in the game as them however, is ridiculous.
    As for CapIW, not many people around that would call him unworthy.

benshb said:

benshb said:

What is money used for in this game? Reduction of time needing to be spent. Progression is always going to equate to one of or a combination of money/time spent on it. If you're not willing or able to spend as much of it as other that's fine. Expecting to be at the same point in the game as them however, is ridiculous.
    I'm not expecting, but I also don't think that someone who just paid my 4 months worth of salary on gifting crystals and the July 4 offers to get t5c, without possibly playing the game (stopping at 6.4 completion) should be considered at the same level as someone who's working hard on those resources.

Can I have an "Well played" reaction to that? 😄
    benshb said:

Can I have an "Well played" reaction to that? 😄
    Literally just got that. Lol. Freudian Slip. Hahaha.
    benshb said:

benshb said:

benshb said:

I'm not expecting, but I also don't think that someone who just paid my 4 months worth of salary on gifting crystals and the July 4 offers to get t5c, without possibly playing the game (stopping at 6.4 completion) should be considered at the same level as someone who's working hard on those resources.
    That's how it works in games like this. They sell time. No one is forcing you to spend money or even more time. You can play at whatever pace you choose to. You don't however get to throw a tantrum when someone passes you up. People spending on this game allow people to play it for free. It needs both sides of that coin to last more than likely but it dies way faster without one than the other.

It's not even remotely a spending gate either which is the laughable thing. As long as you have any 6* and t5cc that matches in class you can get the next title. Is it worth ranking a garbage champ just to get it? I HIGHLY doubt it. But if it's not worth doing that, it's not that big of a deal if some people sit and wait for a rankup they want either.
    Lainua said:

benshb said:

Oh man. Are you serious? Tell me a huge game that doesn't require you time and effort to reach the top. You just want good things for free. I tell you, you get nothing. Stop whining.
    Can you show me where did I write that I'm not putting in time and effort. I do my best. But if we are talking about time and effort, how much does it take to buy a t5c? Like, zero, if you have the wallet to that? And let's not even get into how people are getting the money for it.
    edited September 2020
    Some of you are acting like this is targeted at the very top tier of players which is absurd. I have 10 R3s, 12 R2s, and 32 R5s. I qualified for this title not long after 6.4 released.
    Buttehrs said:

benshb said:

Lainua said:

RoOOts said:

Pulyaman said:

benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

In My Opinion

Then they need to stop being so picky if they want the new title. If they wanna wait for god tier or better then they gonna have to deal with the fact theyll miss out at first. Theres over 100 champs in the basic 6* pool. Pick one.
    Fair enough. Could you please show me some unduped superior Ironman rank 3 gameplay?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,743 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

Buttehrs said:

benshb said:

Lainua said:

RoOOts said:

Pulyaman said:

benshb said:

Superc9 said:

benshb said:

In My Opinion

Then they need to stop being so picky if they want the new title. If they wanna wait for god tier or better then they gonna have to deal with the fact theyll miss out at first. Theres over 100 champs in the basic 6* pool. Pick one.
    Fair enough. Could you please show me some unduped superior Ironman rank 3 gameplay?
    I darn sure dont have any but that doesnt mean there isnt any out there or that someone didnt r3 one somewhere. Also dont forget that kabam IS buffing all the old useless champs so who's to say he wont be any good in the near future.