**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Guytennis said:

Sad thing is, it's not even a cash offer it's a unit offer which you can get....... for free

I assume you have 10,000 units lying around?
    Nope, but I spend. Not remotely an arena grinder bc I don't have to be. Point remains that you can build and save units throughout the year and use them however you choose. Crazy how things like choice work.
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212
    Better not to worry about this title, I've had the cavalier tag for years, and only a 5 * venom came out, the title is just status, it won't be worth anything, this cavalier crystal is a joke
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Guytennis said:

Sad thing is, it's not even a cash offer it's a unit offer which you can get....... for free

one of our FTP guys has like 25k units (not brian)
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Nope, but I spend. Not remotely an arena grinder bc I don't have to be. Point remains that you can build and save units throughout the year and use them however you choose. Crazy how things like choice work.
    Can you explain further this thing you call ‘choice’. I’m enjoying your condescending nature.
    if you wanna spend your units on deals like this, you can, it's your choice
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Gomezlink said:

Better not to worry about this title, I've had the cavalier tag for years, and only a 5 * venom came out, the title is just status, it won't be worth anything, this cavalier crystal is a joke

youve had something that has been out less than 2 years ago for "years"?
    edited September 2020
    Lormif said:

Gomezlink said:

2 years is already plural, now count the weeks too,
    what I mean is that there is never a 6 * in this cavalier
    Gomezlink said:

Lormif said:

Gomezlink said:

2 years is already plural, now count the weeks too
    except you miss the point IT HAS NOT BEEN OUT 2 years... Its been out just over a year....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Guytennis said:

You'd be surprised how many people have tens of thousands of Units on-hand.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Man its insane how many units you can get for arena nowadays. I started grinding again after the new solo events were released and I had 7k units, 2 weeks later I have just under 10k. You don't even need to grind for that long if you have descent size roster.
    I have a free to play guy in my alliance with all content done 11k prestige and 2 r3 6 stars about to be at 3. So I don't want to hear people spending have this massive advantage. You can still be in a top 30 alliance completely free to play and not play this game like its your job.
    edited September 2020
    Lormif said:

Gomezlink said:

Lormif said:

Gomezlink said:

except you miss the point IT HAS NOT BEEN OUT 2 years... Its been out just over a year....
    In fact you are wrong, the title has existed for more than 2 years, what did not exist was the cavalier calendar, but not to become a debate, you win
    Gomezlink said:

Lormif said:

Gomezlink said:

Lormif said:

Gomezlink said:

In fact you are wrong, the title has existed for more than 2 years, what did not exist was the cavalier calendar
    You are telling the title, that you get for completing act 6 chapter 1, which did not come out until March 13 of last year has somehow been out for more than 2 years?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/126509/witness-the-great-revival-act-6-chapter-1-coming-march-13th/p1
    Gomezlink said:

Lormif said:

Gomezlink said:

Lormif said:

Gomezlink said:

In fact you are wrong, the title has existed for more than 2 years, what did not exist was the cavalier calendar, but not to become a debate, you win
    LOL no
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    Math is hard for most on these forums. Everyone knows this.

Man its insane how many units you can get for arena nowadays. I started grinding again after the new solo events were released and I had 7k units, 2 weeks later I have just under 10k. You don't even need to grind for that long if you have descent size roster.
    I have a free to play guy in my alliance with all content done 11k prestige and 2 r3 6 stars about to be at 3. So I don't want to hear people spending have this massive advantage. You can still be in a top 30 alliance completely free to play and not play this game like its your job.

When you see people complaining that it's a pay wall or you just have to be insanely lucky, what they actually mean is they think it's not fair that they don't have the same resource intake as people running map 7 with max modifiers and pushing in war for platinum to master finishes while running map 5 or 6 and basically ignoring war all together. They also usually are the ones who say they're not doing arena bc it's boring.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Can you explain further this thing you call ‘choice’. I’m enjoying your condescending nature.
    You can CHOOSE to grind arena and have tons of units.
    You can CHOOSE to but 10k units.
    You can CHOOSE to ignore the offer today because it's terrible.
    You can CHOOSE ignorant like you.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

This title is hard to get if you’re a f2p player.

Very incorrect. I won’t say I’m f2p but I am pretty close to it. I have a buddy who is entirely f2p.

We both will be getting it on October 1st.

Ps. By saying I’m pretty close to f2p I mean I don’t buy deals for class frags or champion crystals. I usually just get the 4.99 735 unit deal, that’s the best deal they offer. Sometimes also get the sigil. I grind pretty frequently for my units. So a f2p can easily achieve this.
    Again, one of the most advanced F2P players, BG, just go this first 6 star rank 3, and he grinds for hours and hours a day lol
    The man literally had an awakened IW and the t5cc for over a month.
    He had options and choose to save it. He could have had a r3 a while ago don't understand why people think he's a special case. This is the same guy that took a break and actively avoiding ranking 6* until recently
    Dude, he started a week account and grinded for like 15 hours a day. If you don't think he's a special case, you either do just that or you are just being mind controlled by Kabam through their Rig Ray. And a month is not that long to hold off on T5CC if you are telling some players to be "patient" and wait for a year + until they can get their first R3 lol
    You should focus on getting your second and third r5 5* before focusing on r3 6*. He had a wasp,thing, ghulk, unawakened torch, and awakened IW. He wasn't lacking choices. It doesn't take a year+ to r3 a champ.
    Abyss came out 8 months ago and 6.4 not long after yet we already have people running around with 8+ r3
    You really looked back on my past posts lol? I’m talking about skilled players. Just because you use your mums card to buy yourself units and plough through content doesn’t mean your good nor do you deserve a title

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Very incorrect. I won’t say I’m f2p but I am pretty close to it. I have a buddy who is entirely f2p.

Ps. By saying I’m pretty close to f2p I mean I don’t buy deals for class frags or champion crystals. I usually just get the 4.99 735 unit deal, that’s the best deal they offer. Sometimes also get the sigil. I grind pretty frequently for my units. So a f2p can easily achieve this.
    Again, one of the most advanced F2P players, BG, just go this first 6 star rank 3, and he grinds for hours and hours a day lol
    He had options and choose to save it. He could have had a r3 a while ago don't understand why people think he's a special case. This is the same guy that took a break and actively avoiding ranking 6* until recently
    Dude, he started a week account and grinded for like 15 hours a day. If you don't think he's a special case, you either do just that or you are just being mind controlled by Kabam through their Rig Ray. And a month is not that long to hold off on T5CC if you are telling some players to be "patient" and wait for a year + until they can get their first R3 lol
    Why are you even remotely concerned with this in the first place? You barely got cavalier a month ago with a single R5 5*. You're so far outside of the target audience for this it's not even funny
    Oh shut up mate, I’m talking about other players. Not everything has to be about yourself you know? I think it’s pretty obvious your little kabam club is out numbered and the vast majority of people agree that 6 star rank 3s are overkill. If you want to argue sure, keep thinking that just because you defend kabam you are going to pull a 6 star Ghost in your next Cav crystal 🤡💩
    What would I need another 6* Ghost for? I already have her at R3. I am looking past my own situation. If I wasn't I'd be saying that the title should require 100% Act 6 AND Abyss along with at least 5 R3s.

There's zero point to making another title at all if someone can go straight from getting cavalier to the new one with basically the same exact roster currently. They have to segment people off somehow. Just bc a lot of people think they're at a level above cavalier absolutely does not make that a fact.
    Again, how is it a bad thing if people went straight for it? Kabam said that Abyss wont be done in months but it was done in a day I believe, and there was nothing wrong there. I wouldn't mind if they made it a lot more challenging, but adding a 6 star rank 3 restriction is not about skill, its all about how lucky you get with t5cc drops and if you have the champions worth using it on no matter how much you try to argue that point.
    Bc there's zero point to having two different titles if you can go straight from getting on to the next as soon as it's introduced. I truly can't believe you actually don't understand this and instead have to just be salty and making up arguments on the fly
    The only reason your not arguing against this is because you fit the requirement, otherwise you’d be shedding tears of salt just like your complaints about nodes.

@danielmath let me call you out here. I saw your post saying act6 is no longer challenging.
    I 100ed abyss yesterday, in 12k units. Now I will look at act6 exploration. I have completed exploration of 6.2 pre nerf, have 6.3 and 6.4 left.
    Inflated attack values is NOT fun. You may find it fun, and can sit on your pompous horse right up there, or post gameplay here of your "iinsane" quake play. For all I see is a salty person who spent items to complete act6 for prestige purposes, now dismayed that others who waited may have it a little easier. I could care less of your opinion that it isnt challenging. I do not find such inflated values fun, so I did not bother. I honestly still don't, but will start exploring now just because I have nothing else to do. Definitions of "fun" vary for everyone, and if dying in 3 hits is your idea of fun, more power to you. But don't expect your opinion to be a reflection of everyone else's in this game.

They're not done nerfing it, wait till they finish. They're still taking out all the hard fights in December, wait till then. Obviously my opinion doesn't reflect everyone else, nobody's opinion reflects everyone else. I'm not salty that it's easier, i'm sad that 7.1 is not going to be challenging at all and that hasn't even come out.
    Challenge yourself and use 5*r4 then, or do it with psylocke and beast. Even you could do it with them being a horseman.

Snide comments aside, Story isnt really meant to be the "toughest" content in game. We have periodic events that fulfill that purpose, content that doesnt need to be finished to progress. The reason they are nerfing Act6 is that folks could care less to 100% it. Now people will fight through, a business decision. Like how they dangle scraps of t5cc to you folks and you all buy it for 50$ for a "good value". A "business decision".
    Specific content wont still be easy, and if you wanted a challenge you could do Omega rush without your quake. The "pain" event will give your blood a rush, for your "challenge". If you wish to have challenge from present content, do it with subpar challenge to fulfill your appetite.
    What events do we have? Summer of pain was the only one that was supposed to be a challenge and it doesn't exist. The issue isn't necessarily me specifically, i like the game too much to retire and my alliance would be too heartbroken so I couldn't do that to them lol.

Here's the issue with your idea (and i've read this plenty) to use lower champs: What incentive do people have to try to push for r3's if they're useless? I currently have 8 of them. Ghost, wasp, corvus, elsa, king groot, sunspot, g2099, nick fury. Only 2 of them are actually relevant for my gameplay, corvus for AW, king groot for AQ. If you took away the other 6, nothing would change for me except prestige, they are useless because none of the solo content needs r3's at all.
    r3's are pretty much for prestige. How can you connect r3s to challenge? You want a challenge, you want r3s, and you want others not to complain. Pick what you want.
    Maze was one such piece of content. the 4* challenge comes to mind, i used weird options and beat the content itemless. I used a bunch of 4* in the omega challenge to challenge myself to do it itemless ( i failed, had to use potions).
    all your r3s are useful, how can you ask someone to take up garbage like psylocke and yondu when not one of your champs is useless. Your position ( and WnP's) is completely different from the 99.9% of the player base, so do not make assumptions as to what we should rank, since you folks can afford to drop money to get what you want (nothing wrong with that).
    But your position looks like a spoilt child that seems to want everything, while asking others to make big concessions, while you look at others through the end of your nose, which is not an attractive attitude. Kind of reminds me of this annoying 4Loki dude by the name Dreamin (which would be hilarious if you were him).
    actually it seems like you are the person wanting everything, while asking others to make big concessions while looking at others down your nose. The progression title is supposed to be for large progressions, but you want without "earning it"
  • Lormif said:

@danielmath let me call you out here. I saw your post saying act6 is no longer challenging.
    I 100ed abyss yesterday, in 12k units. Now I will look at act6 exploration. I have completed exploration of 6.2 pre nerf, have 6.3 and 6.4 left.
    Inflated attack values is NOT fun. You may find it fun, and can sit on your pompous horse right up there, or post gameplay here of your "iinsane" quake play. For all I see is a salty person who spent items to complete act6 for prestige purposes, now dismayed that others who waited may have it a little easier. I could care less of your opinion that it isnt challenging. I do not find such inflated values fun, so I did not bother. I honestly still don't, but will start exploring now just because I have nothing else to do. Definitions of "fun" vary for everyone, and if dying in 3 hits is your idea of fun, more power to you. But don't expect your opinion to be a reflection of everyone else's in this game.

They're not done nerfing it, wait till they finish. They're still taking out all the hard fights in December, wait till then. Obviously my opinion doesn't reflect everyone else, nobody's opinion reflects everyone else. I'm not salty that it's easier, i'm sad that 7.1 is not going to be challenging at all and that hasn't even come out.
    Challenge yourself and use 5*r4 then, or do it with psylocke and beast. Even you could do it with them being a horseman.

Snide comments aside, Story isnt really meant to be the "toughest" content in game. We have periodic events that fulfill that purpose, content that doesnt need to be finished to progress. The reason they are nerfing Act6 is that folks could care less to 100% it. Now people will fight through, a business decision. Like how they dangle scraps of t5cc to you folks and you all buy it for 50$ for a "good value". A "business decision".
    Specific content wont still be easy, and if you wanted a challenge you could do Omega rush without your quake. The "pain" event will give your blood a rush, for your "challenge". If you wish to have challenge from present content, do it with subpar challenge to fulfill your appetite.
    What events do we have? Summer of pain was the only one that was supposed to be a challenge and it doesn't exist. The issue isn't necessarily me specifically, i like the game too much to retire and my alliance would be too heartbroken so I couldn't do that to them lol.

Here's the issue with your idea (and i've read this plenty) to use lower champs: What incentive do people have to try to push for r3's if they're useless? I currently have 8 of them. Ghost, wasp, corvus, elsa, king groot, sunspot, g2099, nick fury. Only 2 of them are actually relevant for my gameplay, corvus for AW, king groot for AQ. If you took away the other 6, nothing would change for me except prestige, they are useless because none of the solo content needs r3's at all.
    r3's are pretty much for prestige. How can you connect r3s to challenge? You want a challenge, you want r3s, and you want others not to complain. Pick what you want.
    Maze was one such piece of content. the 4* challenge comes to mind, i used weird options and beat the content itemless. I used a bunch of 4* in the omega challenge to challenge myself to do it itemless ( i failed, had to use potions).
    all your r3s are useful, how can you ask someone to take up garbage like psylocke and yondu when not one of your champs is useless. Your position ( and WnP's) is completely different from the 99.9% of the player base, so do not make assumptions as to what we should rank, since you folks can afford to drop money to get what you want (nothing wrong with that).
    But your position looks like a spoilt child that seems to want everything, while asking others to make big concessions, while you look at others through the end of your nose, which is not an attractive attitude. Kind of reminds me of this annoying 4Loki dude by the name Dreamin (which would be hilarious if you were him).
    actually it seems like you are the person wanting everything, while asking others to make big concessions while looking at others down your nose. The progression title is supposed to be for large progressions, but you want without "earning it"
    I want nothing, lol. Read above. I have 100ed abyss. I have r3s as well.... So you can stop making assumptions.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    This reminds me of the time I made my second 5* r4. It was yondu. People gave me **** about it but at the end of the day he helped me get past the rest of 5.2 and buffet and masochism and the collector. No I dont really use him anymore but at the time I did what I needed to get around a problem. It's the same thing here. If your concerned about the new title and what itll offer, then rank 3 someone even if it's not the absolute best option. But it will be at the time because you value that next step above everything else.
    Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

You should focus on getting your second and third r5 5* before focusing on r3 6*. He had a wasp,thing, ghulk, unawakened torch, and awakened IW. He wasn't lacking choices. It doesn't take a year+ to r3 a champ.
    Abyss came out 8 months ago and 6.4 not long after yet we already have people running around with 8+ r3
    You really looked back on my past posts lol? I’m talking about skilled players. Just because you use your mums card to buy yourself units and plough through content doesn’t mean your good nor do you deserve a title

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Why are you even remotely concerned with this in the first place? You barely got cavalier a month ago with a single R5 5*. You're so far outside of the target audience for this it's not even funny
    Oh shut up mate, I’m talking about other players. Not everything has to be about yourself you know? I think it’s pretty obvious your little kabam club is out numbered and the vast majority of people agree that 6 star rank 3s are overkill. If you want to argue sure, keep thinking that just because you defend kabam you are going to pull a 6 star Ghost in your next Cav crystal 🤡💩
    What would I need another 6* Ghost for? I already have her at R3. I am looking past my own situation. If I wasn't I'd be saying that the title should require 100% Act 6 AND Abyss along with at least 5 R3s.

There's zero point to making another title at all if someone can go straight from getting cavalier to the new one with basically the same exact roster currently. They have to segment people off somehow. Just bc a lot of people think they're at a level above cavalier absolutely does not make that a fact.
    Again, how is it a bad thing if people went straight for it? Kabam said that Abyss wont be done in months but it was done in a day I believe, and there was nothing wrong there. I wouldn't mind if they made it a lot more challenging, but adding a 6 star rank 3 restriction is not about skill, its all about how lucky you get with t5cc drops and if you have the champions worth using it on no matter how much you try to argue that point.
    Bc there's zero point to having two different titles if you can go straight from getting on to the next as soon as it's introduced. I truly can't believe you actually don't understand this and instead have to just be salty and making up arguments on the fly
    The only reason your not arguing against this is because you fit the requirement, otherwise you’d be shedding tears of salt just like your complaints about nodes.
    That's obvious. Well, not necessarily in his case because his views on ease of access have been consistent. However, it stands to reason that the only reason people are complaining are because they don't meet the requirements. People are less likely to object if they do. That will happen no matter what they set the bar at.

Well 99.9% of the playerbases position would matter if this title was supposed to cover 99.9% of the playerbase. It isn't, so it doesn't.
    So it boils your blood that you aren't exclusive enough already?
    Doesnt matter if he wants to be exclusive or not, kabam wants this title to start off exclusive.

It's a challenge to get an R3. You need to play a significant enough amount of higher-end content to amass T5CCs.