**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why is Ghost Rider incinerate immune??????

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
We at the forums have long agreed that GR logically should not be incinerate immune. He is not “on fire.” It is in fact, hellfire, which has been established by the community as a completely separate phenomenon. Why we are okay with this completely baseless change to one of the most iconic marvel characters is honestly beyond me.

Now I know what you are thinking: “kabam is making CGR incinerate immune, so why not GR? Cosmic GR makes sense because newsflash, combustion can’t occur without oxygen (in space where a herald would be). Also, he has the power cosmic from Galactus, so it can be inferred that he gains all sorts of resistances from that. GR does not live primarily in space and has no cosmic being blessing him, so there is no reason for him to have any immunity except to bleed.

Out of respect for the comics and the mcoc forum community, I am requesting that GR remain vulnerable to incinerate.
Thank you for coming to my TEDTalk.

Comments

• DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Kabam's Logic
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Next discussion for champ’s adjustment: iceman’s immunity to coldsnap.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    What if wolverine became the ghost rider? Or venom?
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    KABAM! End of discussion
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    people really think this is serious :D:p;):*B)o:)o:)o:)
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

We at the forums have long agreed that GR logically should not be incinerate immune. He is not “on fire.” It is in fact, hellfire, which has been established by the community as a completely separate phenomenon. Why we are okay with this completely baseless change to one of the most iconic marvel characters is honestly beyond me.

Now I know what you are thinking: “kabam is making CGR incinerate immune, so why not GR? Cosmic GR makes sense because newsflash, combustion can’t occur without oxygen (in space where a herald would be). Also, he has the power cosmic from Galactus, so it can be inferred that he gains all sorts of resistances from that. GR does not live primarily in space and has no cosmic being blessing him, so there is no reason for him to have any immunity except to bleed.

Out of respect for the comics and the mcoc forum community, I am requesting that GR remain vulnerable to incinerate.

Thank You! Finally someone else who actually knows the Logic of the Character instead of saying "He Looks like he's on fire so by logic he should be immune to fire!!!"

Seriously though guys he Is Not Immune to the effects of Heat and/or Fire in the Comics, but because people want the Champion to be better they will just shout Logic even when there is No Logic behind it when you actually do the research, just like with the whole "Magneto shouldn't be able to affect Omega Red because his Metal is Carbonadium, the same Metal Deadpool/Gwenpool's Swords are made of and why they said they removed the Metal Tag from Gwenpool, because Carbonadium is one of the few Metal Magneto can't normally affect."
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    time for the iceman and coldsnap immunity argument lmao
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★

as long as another Incinerate immune champ is added im happy

Siliyo said:

Etjama said:

Lol, you're joking, right? If so, this is top notch. If not... I really don't know what to say. 😂

Since when have I ever been anything but the most serious not dry-humored forum member?
    You’re acting like you’ve been here for years like DNA3000, Dr. Zola, just to name a few. We don’t know you.
    Hrm. Okay so I’m realizing now when someone doesn’t get the sarcasm the first time, I shouldn’t assume they will get it the second time, even if I emphasize it. So, to ruin ALL the fun, here goes:
    I was kidding. I felt like the constant references to the “mcoc community” made it clear that it was social commentary on *insert above comment*.

When I said “most”, as in a recognized figure, I was only applying it to “serious”. Sarcastically implying that “you should know that I am serious 24/7” when I said dry-humored, I was not claiming I am recognized for my nuanced humor, just that I have that style. I understand the confusion there.

One thing I don’t understand on your part is who is we??? Etjama is just a jokester who fans the comedic fire, if you will. Why you feel the need to obnoxiously gatekeep someone as a noob who has been here for three years is just immature. Not to mention generally nasty and hurtful. I realize you probably weren’t/aren’t in a good mood, so I don’t hold it against you but cmon man have some class.

Well I’ve let a few minutes pass after typing this up, and I half don’t want to post it because it’s could lead to a lot of fun internet “discussion”, but I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt more, so I’m trusting both of us to be mature with whatever follows. Cheers and happy Spooktober🙂

I like you, you're very detailed in your discussions with a hint of sarcasm and closed a misunderstanding with an explanation instead of just calling people names!
    We need more of that on the Forums. ...Also on the Internet in general. 😂
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    Honestly, whether or not Ghost rider is immune to Incinerate, I won’t take him to fight Human Torch, Red Hulk or Mephisto, as his “perfect partner”—— Blade can take care of them easily~

However, I’m happy that GR is finally immune to incinerate, not because of the utilities, but end the years-long argument about the design of this character in this game~

So, next one, let’s back to the topic: “why isn’t Ice Man immune to ColdSnap and FrostBite?”🌝🌝🌝
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    I mean logically Hulk, Thor, Sentry, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, Thanos...(to name a few) should be the TOP champs in this game

But instead we have Nick Fury, Hit Monkey, Red Guardian, Sunspot(again to name a few) who defeats them with ease or without really struggling

But hey what can you do lol😂😂😂😂

They can do what they want with this game
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★

Ehh dude you do know that this game is not based on logic right ? Or do you think that Hawkeye can take a punch from the Hulk?
    JessieS said:

Ehh dude you do know that this game is not based on logic right ? Or do you think that Hawkeye can take a punch from the Hulk?
    It's been explained already the game is quite literally rigged to give everyone a fair chance, like "Punisher a guy with basic bullets being able to hurt Dormammu at all" as used as the example in the little lore thing.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

JessieS said:

It's been explained already the game is quite literally rigged to give everyone a fair chance, like "Punisher a guy with basic bullets being able to hurt Dormammu at all" as used as the example in the little lore thing.
    My head canon had always been that Iso 8 empowers all champions to be on a even playing field