**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Reminds me of scams like bait and switch

This isn't anything like that. What an ignorant comment.
    How so? They posted an announcement. Geared up players to push to get requirements based on the announcement. Now a few hours before it was supposed to be active it’s delayed. How is that not what I said. Please do inform me
    Nothing at all like Bait and Switch. Also, no one geared anyone up for anything. All they did was announce it was coming. People run out like chickens with their heads cut off, trying to do it as fast as possible, then say Kabam is messing with them. Lawd hamercy.
    Plain and simple. Without that announcement of extra rewards if something is completed. That something would not have been completed so quickly. They knew it. And that pushed many people to do it.
    No one pushed anyone to do it. In fact, they specifically said there's all the time in the world to do it. For that matter, all we know is it's postponed for a week, so how on Earth does that constitute Bait and Switch?
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    One step forward, 5 steps behind. Amazing.

I personally know more than 5 people that pushed rank ups for that new calendar. Disappointing.
  • Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 262 ★★★
    Nobody said it had to be done. I agree there. But to announce a new progression step and new rewards. Of course people will push for the deadline that was set in the announcement of Oct 1st. If you were already there. Then I get it you didn’t have to push for that.
    It's out of their control. Had they known it was going to take longer, they wouldn't have announced it as it was. I get that people were looking forward to it and pushing through for their own reasons. I'm not insensitive. I just don't agree with the claims they lied, or somehow intentionally slighted people. I don't believe they intended for this to happen.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I’m disappointed it’s not launched on time, not surprised because we are used to this ‘flexible’ approach we see to announcements and regularly missed deadlines.

However, I will be very upset if the requirements have changed because of the few, but loud, contributors to this thread who thrive on complaining and crying - satisfying these players is not the direction the game should be moving in, they know the requirements and it’s their problem to meet them.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★

GagoH said:

How is this still going on? It’s really not that big of a deal. There’s no new monthly EQ difficultly associated with the title nor is there a new SQ difficulty, and the monthly calendar likely won’t be too different. What really is gonna be the big change is the offers and it makes sense that they chose now to add a new title. Take a look at July 4th’s cash deals:
    The big ticket item was a 15% t5cc crystal in the Odins. I don’t know about you, but I didn’t really care about that because it was a small amount of a random class, but I did get it because I needed the units for Abyss. If I didn’t get too excited about 15% of a random class when I had two r3s, why would the other endgame players who have many r3s get excited about it? They wouldn’t because it’s a small amount of a random class for a lot of money. So why didn’t Kabam make it a twenty-five or fifty percent selector? That would have made the endgame players very excited. However, since the highest title was Cavalier, that also would mean that someone who just beat Sentinel could buy their first r3 before even starting 6.2. That’s not good for the longevity of the game and neither is not incentivizing your endgame players to spend money. That’s why we have thronebreaker, so endgame players can get the resources they actually want and need without Kabam making completing and exploring Act 6 any easier.
    So if you aren’t gonna be getting Thronebreaker when it comes out, it’s not meant for you. You can either cry about it, rank up a champ for the offers, or wait. It’s not a life or death thing if you don’t get it the first day, but it is very important to have this title for the longevity of this game.
    Also, it should be gated behind Act 6 exploration and having a 6r3–Fight me about it.

You have a good point, do you think they’d have percent selectors in the cav offers? ($ plus the unit offers) probably like 25% or something per odin if i was to venture a guess
    I can almost guarantee you that the Thronebreaker cyber weekend deals will have t5cc selectors of varying percentages.
    I was asking about cav players but as @GroundedWisdom said I believe they would too, probably just the odin Or the last unit offer to have an appreciable amount. Im at a situation where i only 25% tech so if it doesnt cost an arm and a leg on cyber monday I’ll just buy it rather than spend twice that amount doing abyss
    GagoH said:

GagoH said:

How is this still going on? It’s really not that big of a deal. There’s no new monthly EQ difficultly associated with the title nor is there a new SQ difficulty, and the monthly calendar likely won’t be too different. What really is gonna be the big change is the offers and it makes sense that they chose now to add a new title. Take a look at July 4th’s cash deals:
    The big ticket item was a 15% t5cc crystal in the Odins. I don’t know about you, but I didn’t really care about that because it was a small amount of a random class, but I did get it because I needed the units for Abyss. If I didn’t get too excited about 15% of a random class when I had two r3s, why would the other endgame players who have many r3s get excited about it? They wouldn’t because it’s a small amount of a random class for a lot of money. So why didn’t Kabam make it a twenty-five or fifty percent selector? That would have made the endgame players very excited. However, since the highest title was Cavalier, that also would mean that someone who just beat Sentinel could buy their first r3 before even starting 6.2. That’s not good for the longevity of the game and neither is not incentivizing your endgame players to spend money. That’s why we have thronebreaker, so endgame players can get the resources they actually want and need without Kabam making completing and exploring Act 6 any easier.
    So if you aren’t gonna be getting Thronebreaker when it comes out, it’s not meant for you. You can either cry about it, rank up a champ for the offers, or wait. It’s not a life or death thing if you don’t get it the first day, but it is very important to have this title for the longevity of this game.
    Also, it should be gated behind Act 6 exploration and having a 6r3–Fight me about it.

You have a good point, do you think they’d have percent selectors in the cav offers? ($ plus the unit offers) probably like 25% or something per odin if i was to venture a guess
    I can almost guarantee you that the Thronebreaker cyber weekend deals will have t5cc selectors of varying percentages.
    I was asking about cav players but as @GroundedWisdom said I believe they would too, probably just the odin Or the last unit offer to have an appreciable amount. Im at a situation where i only 25% tech so if it doesnt cost an arm and a leg on cyber monday I’ll just buy it rather than spend twice that amount doing abyss
    I could see Throne Breaker having a Cat, or a majority of one. Cavalier having some percentage. Speculation on my part, and the last thing I want to feed is expectations. Lol.
  • RealStealRealSteal Posts: 199
    Is there going to be a different monthly calendar/perks for throne breaker and breaker of thrones?

You have people complaining about not being entitled to throne breaker rewards if they don’t r3 a 6* and complete 1 pass at act 6 where you can pick 1 path that best suits your champs available.

If there isn’t any difference in not having better rewards for breaker of thrones? There is a big difference between 1 pass and 100%, yet the R3 requirement is still the same.
  • KINGDOM123KINGDOM123 Posts: 12
    Please removed the 6* r3 option to R2
    Completion act6 give u a rank up gem 1-2 for 6*
    It’s fair!
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    The title and benefits (which will be minimal) should be only given for 100% act 6. It is very simple.

They obviously feel this is too much and people will moan a lot as they have done to get the content heavily needed. Therefore 1 r3 seems a more than fair compromise.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Not a fan of the r3 requirement. Personally I feel like 6.4 completion + Abyss completion is enough to separate cavalier from throne breaker. The R3 requirement is too RNG dependent to be a progression milestone. I’m speaking as someone who has 2 t5cc, 10k shards away from a 3rd, and nearly 50% of a 4th. Of course I have nearly every average to meme champ in the 6* pool vs only 3 r3 worthy 6* champs and surprise none are in a class to match my fully formed t5cc. Act 6 100% Abyss 2 paths cleared. RNG is the only thing keeping me from meeting the requirements
  • brandinhobrandinho Posts: 36
    An alternative to the R3 could be to use hero rating only Kabam will know the data but there must be a cutoff over a certain score that would achieve each the same result for them maybe over 2 million as a guess. You can’t rush to a score like that it takes time and dedication.

I was not impacted by the original requirement as I have a few R3 6* and the delay to implementing it does make me wonder if it’s going to be changed.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

I just wonder to myself what’s harder, having every champ in the game for all matchups max boosted or having to figure your way through it with limited options. Maybe we should run a poll

You're delusional if you think you have more skill than anybody in a top 30 alliance. Most of the so called skill guys that don't spend that you're talking about don't even play map 7.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

Reminds me of scams like bait and switch

This isn't anything like that. What an ignorant comment.
    How so? They posted an announcement. Geared up players to push to get requirements based on the announcement. Now a few hours before it was supposed to be active it’s delayed. How is that not what I said. Please do inform me
    @Lestat2499
    Bait and switch is when a company offers something for sale and advertises it. The customer goes in to buy such product and the company says they don't have that product, either on display or never had it and they offer you something inferior.

You aren't buying anything here. You are getting a title that meets certain requirements set by Kabam. Regardless of any of that, the title hasn't been released yet, and even more so, they are allow to make changes to the game without our permission anyway. Kabam isn't forcing you to R3 a champ. If you took someone to 3 for the title alone and it's not a champ that you would have normally taken up, thats on you.

We don't know what the issue is. Maybe its just technical and something happened on the back end that needs more testing. If you are going to throw buzz phrases around, try and learn what they mean first before spitting them out.
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

Can I ask 2 questions:

1) Will there be a difference in deals between thronebreaker and cavalier for cyber weekend/monday?

2) If there is, will players be able to "promote" from cavalier to thronebreaker during the weekend and get access to the thronebreaker deals?
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★
    ddom said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

Can I ask 2 questions:

1) Will there be a difference in deals between thronebreaker and cavalier for cyber weekend/monday?

2) If there is, will players be able to "promote" from cavalier to thronebreaker during the weekend and get access to the thronebreaker deals?

I’m not kabam but:

1) yes. Calendar is out November 1st. Few weeks before cyber Monday. If they don’t have TB offers it’s they don’t want to make them, not because they will be unable. However I can’t imagine a scenario where they wouldn’t want the revenue

2) my assumption is yes based on past such instances recently.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I'm very disappointed in this delay but I can certainly wait another month. Looking at the comments of all the people who don't play map 7 and will put themselves in the position of getting rank 3's I no longer want them to change the requirement. If you have to force rank up so be it.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

I'm very disappointed in this delay but I can certainly wait another month. Looking at the comments of all the people who don't play map 7 and will put themselves in the position of getting rank 3's I no longer want them to change the requirement. If you have to force rank up so be it.

You’re waiting a week not a month lol
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Mcord117 said:

Mcord117 said:

I just wonder to myself what’s harder, having every champ in the game for all matchups max boosted or having to figure your way through it with limited options. Maybe we should run a poll

You're delusional if you think you have more skill than anybody in a top 30 alliance. Most of the so called skill guys that don't spend that you're talking about don't even play map 7.

I was poking and having fun. I don’t fancy myself skilled at all. I was bored and tired of the drum beat of brow beating and decided to amuse myself by making statements I knew would bother people.
    Well it definitely worked if thats what you were aiming for lol.

Anyways, I would like an update on the reason for the delay. Is it because they will change the requirements or is this a technical issue? Please update Kabam.
    My understanding is that the issue is technical in nature, and they are not currently reconsidering the Thronebreaker requirements. So I don't think anyone should be getting their hopes up that the requirements might go down with the delay. If anything, given the importance of the title and the potential change in rewards, I would rather they shake out the bugs before it launches than afterward, especially with all the discussion that has surrounded Thronebreaker.