**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.1.5 Crossbones change: not a nerf but a sideways change

From the release notes:
Chapter 1 Quest 5 Crossbones Boss: Replaced Biohazard with Poison (100% HP/30 seconds).

Some champs like Omega Red and Magneto do very well on that node with Biohazard. Changing it to poison will cut Omega's effectiveness by a lot and potentially make Magneto not viable at all.

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I actually just realised that Claire won't be a viable option for that crossbones anymore.

Prior to this so-called "nerf", she could constantly gain Clairevoyance charges due to biohazard. Now, it's a single poison, which means that she'll run out of Claire charges during the fight, and lose the ability to remove the vigor regen...

Way to go kabam...
  • Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    i’m happy personally cause i only have medusa as a poison immune and don’t have a bleed immune but i can definitely see the frustrations of the general player base too
  • Jazzy011Jazzy011 Posts: 81
    To be fair, if you have Nick + Deadpool, literally anyone becomes viable.

But yeah, not everyone has those as 5* or 6*
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,535 ★★★★★
    Shift your problem solving. Soooo many new options now. CMM, Any Hulk, Medusa, etc. are all now options. Agree with the header though as other champs are lost. I know I used the Corvus method for my first clear. Personally I believe this change was meant to eliminate that strategy as Corvus solved all bosses in 5.4 and 6.1
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    my comment copy pasted from somewhere else:
    I think there are more poison immunes, but a lot of the bleed immune or pseudo immune champs were able to handle that fight really well. with the poison, you don't really get that. I don't think there was any problem with him, and if there was, it wasn't biohazard
    BigBlueOx said:

Shift your problem solving. Soooo many new options now. CMM, Any Hulk, Medusa, etc. are all now options. Agree with the header though as other champs are lost. I know I used the Corvus method for my first clear. Personally I believe this change was meant to eliminate that strategy as Corvus solved all bosses in 5.4 and 6.1

I don't think anyone is saying that it makes it a lot harder, but exactly what you said and how it's just different champs to handle it now. it's not really a change that was necessary, nor was it asked for

I see what happend here. Kabam have heard word of the fastest rising most well respected new youtuber on the market with his all new all morningstar channel and now they are scared. They want to nerf my little boo

ngl I love your marketing strategy
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    It has become more niche.
  • GeizeGeize Posts: 1

It's basically changing the options from bleed immune champions (mags,morningstar collosus...)to poison immune champs.
    Thats not a nerf thats a comple change which doesnt change the diffculty,but the options.
    A change like that shouldnt be made.

Exactly, I came back to the game, and for some weeks I prepared my account to go for this new title, and now I only have Ghost as poison “imune” ranked up and she is not even the best choice... Bleeding was the most likely option, poison just changed everything.
  • JamesPuffJamesPuff Posts: 55
    Yes, it isn’t much of a nerf. All it did was switch the pool of champions that were viable, and in my opinion they lowered it given that most mutants if they have a resistance, it seems to be bleed.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    Best option so far (for me) is Warlock - I've beaten him 2 more times since the "nerf" (or buff) - I only ever completed it because I was more interested in act completion than exploration. Warlock reverses the regen from vigor to an extent, and is poison immune. Only problem is you have to get the timing right with the bane, and yo're mostly limited to sp1 which removes the infection.
    I can confirm that Hyperion works very well for this crossbones. I tried Nick Fury starting in first life, but got wrecked in his second life because of bane. Crossbones did not want to throw his L1 🙄

So anyway, dude was at like 90-something% health left, and I decided to try Hyperion. It's literally just to heavy spam. His special 1 is pretty easy to heavy counter.
    To make the fight faster and control bane and vigor (with despair if you have it), you can add some special 1's to the mix.

Fight is fairly long tho, so I'd advise to go with Warlock, g99, or other better options if you do have them.
    I'll probably try CMM as well, and see how well the heavy spam strat works for her.