**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6 Nerfs are not live with the new update [Merged Thread]

Comments

• MainzelMainzel Posts: 50
    TyEdge said:

That still isn’t what was announced. It specifically says path fights will be scaled.

Also, I’d argue that crossbones is harder now. Omega Red does less damage to him and corvus (who would’ve healed from willpower) is no longer a counter at all. Colossus has also gone from being viable to not.

However as some champs become unviable others become viable instead. For example, all of the Hulks should now work as well as the captain marvels.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    You could technically say that the attack values of 6.1 and 6.2 were already scaled so match 6.3 and 6.4 as they are right now, after the nerf. So they do not need changing.
    In that case, the original announcement wasn`t wrong.

However, eventhou I think the attack values are fine. It is very misleading.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

TyEdge said:

That still isn’t what was announced. It specifically says path fights will be scaled.

Also, I’d argue that crossbones is harder now. Omega Red does less damage to him and corvus (who would’ve healed from willpower) is no longer a counter at all. Colossus has also gone from being viable to not.

So I ranked 5 my Colossus to use him against Crossbones as he can deal with Biohazard. But them changing it to a fun and interactive 'Poison' makes my first rank 5 not worth it.
    There's nothing that would make an R5 Colossus not worth it.
    That’s not the point he’s making. He’s ranking up content specific champs to help him progress through restrictive pain points for him. Then that specific rank up isn’t a viable option like it was the day he did it.

Although if it’s not changed in game he should get in and push through 🤷‍♂️.
    Don’t waste your keystrokes on that one.

I just wish that if they won’t touch act 6, they would explain when they decided and why the opposite was announced months ago
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Jaded said:

TyEdge said:

So I ranked 5 my Colossus to use him against Crossbones as he can deal with Biohazard. But them changing it to a fun and interactive 'Poison' makes my first rank 5 not worth it.
    That’s not the point he’s making. He’s ranking up content specific champs to help him progress through restrictive pain points for him. Then that specific rank up isn’t a viable option like it was the day he did it.

I just wish that if they won’t touch act 6, they would explain when they decided and why the opposite was announced months ago
    Pretty sure they did "touch" it.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Lormif said:

They didnt leave them alone, they nerfed them, they never said every lane would be getting toned down.

The title of the section (see the first post) is “Reducing attack values across the entire act.” The first bullet point says path values in 6.3, 6.2 and 6.1 will be scaled down according to the 6.4 reduction. The next one says boss fights. No path values have changed in 6.1 or 6.2. No boss values have changed (unless Champion was changed) in 6.1 or 6.2.

The post didn’t say it was being evaluated. It said it was happening. It kinda baffles me that people are just totally cool with them taking people’s money while they promise things they don’t deliver on.
    It says according to act 6.4 so they deemed that everything scales correctly from 6.1 - 6.4 now
    And what more verification do you need then them saying this is the final changes.

Act 6.1 is the only chapter of act 6 I've explored so far. It 100% doesn't need to be toned down. Its fine exactly as it is in it's current form. Xbones change does suck for some but as others said it opens up new options. Also doesn't affect 2 of the main counters in warlock and Aegon

TyEdge said:

Jaded said:

TyEdge said:

Good contribution. It’s been clear from all my other posts that I meant each chapter of act 6, which is what was announced.
    TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

Jaded said:

TyEdge said:

Good contribution. It’s been clear from all my other posts that I meant each chapter of act 6, which is what was announced.
    They said they were going to review pain points, from what I remember. I don't remember them saying they were going to nerf it to the ground and redesign it completely.
    Crossbones is apparently 12,000 attack. I just wish there was some explanation forthcoming from @Kabam Miike or another mod
    TyEdge said:

Crossbones is apparently 12,000 attack. I just wish there was some explanation forthcoming from @Kabam Miike or another mod

"On average"

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

TyEdge said:

Ranking decisions are final. Which means if you're choosing your first R5, and you're only doing it for one specific piece of content, you're not really thinking down the road.
    So, how does one decide on their first rank 5 5*? If we don’t look at content 🤔

I’ve legitimately ranked up, maxed out a ton of champions for specific fights. I have a maxed out mysterio because I hate losing health against domino’s crit failure. I may never use him. But when I see a domino, I’m good to go.

Obviously colossus has more uses than one specific fight, but he WAS an option for that fight. So it’s logical for someone to rank him up to get through that fight. Not a wasted rank up, but it changes his plans significantly since he can’t use that champ for that fight. I’m not saying he deserves compensation or something trivial on that line. I can at least have sympathy for his situation.
    Not that any Champ won't pass 5-9k. They HAVE been lowered. Which is what they promised.
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

TyEdge said:

Ranking decisions are final. Which means if you're choosing your first R5, and you're only doing it for one specific piece of content, you're not really thinking down the road.

I’ve legitimately ranked up, maxed out a ton of champions for specific fights. I have a maxed out mysterio because I hate losing health against domino’s crit failure. I may never use him. But when I see a domino, I’m good to go.

Obviously colossus has more uses than one specific fight, but he WAS an option for that fight. So it’s logical for someone to rank him up to get through that fight. Not a wasted rank up, but it changes his plans significantly since he can’t use that champ for that fight. I’m not saying he deserves compensation or something trivial on that line. I can at least have sympathy for his situation.
    Never use higher-end Resources for one specific use unless you already have other options at that Rank. The goal is to get as much utility as possible out of them. Realistically, people can Rank whoever they choose for whatever reason, but if that reason is only getting through one-and-done content, then you'll be left with a Champ either way which you need to find other uses for.
    TyEdge said:

Not that any Champ won't pass 5-9k. They HAVE been lowered. Which is what they promised.

You read words like a kidnapper builds ransom notes he cuts out of newspapers.

If 6.4 bosses average 6500-10,000, then there shouldn’t be two bosses in 6.1 at 12,000, give or take 100. They specifically said it would be scaled down. It’s not. They specifically said paths would be scaled. They weren’t.
    You're taking the words on average and applying them to a literal situation. No one said no Champ would pass 10k. No one said anything was set in stone. You're saying just because a Champ is at 12,000 then they didn't keep their word. That's just nitpicking.
  • TyEdge said:

You mean arguably the best mutant for non suicide users? I have 27 R5 5*/R2 6* and Colossus is one of my most used champs. You've ranked up one of the best champs in the game.
    TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

You read words like a kidnapper builds ransom notes he cuts out of newspapers.

If 6.4 bosses average 6500-10,000, then there shouldn’t be two bosses in 6.1 at 12,000, give or take 100. They specifically said it would be scaled down. It’s not. They specifically said paths would be scaled. They weren’t.
    You're taking the words on average and applying them to a literal situation. No one said no Champ would pass 10k. No one said anything was set in stone. You're saying just because a Champ is at 12,000 then they didn't keep their word. That's just nitpicking.
    If 6.4 is 6500-10,000, then 6.3 should be lower than that, 6.2 should be lower than 6.3, and 6.1 should be lower than 6.2. There can be some overlap between chapters, but 6.1 shouldn’t have two bosses above the 6.4 parameters. That’s nonsensical.

I wouldn’t be here talking about a 12,000 attack 6.4 boss. I’m talking about 6.1.
    6.1 is the threshold for Cavalier. You expected it to be nerfed to smithereens?
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

TyEdge said:

Never use higher-end Resources for one specific use unless you already have other options at that Rank. The goal is to get as much utility as possible out of them. Realistically, people can Rank whoever they choose for whatever reason, but if that reason is only getting through one-and-done content, then you'll be left with a Champ either way which you need to find other uses for.
    That’s wrong...you use resources (any kind) to GET through content (any content). Period. It doesn’t matter if it’s one specific fight or entire game mode. Yes, weigh out the options and rank up the best option. If colossus was his only champ to that handle that crossbones, that was his best option! Now it’s not his best option, information he got after the rank up.

Ugh going in circles. Agree to disagree. But he has a valid issue and I sympathize with that situation. I also know his situation will pass and a new one will come up.
    You're not understanding what I'm saying. Let's say they didn't change it, and he got through it. He still has to live with an R5 Colossus. Even if it was an R5 Groot for some piece of content, that Ranking choice is one we have to either make and live with, or not make.
  • Nkrzykwa1Nkrzykwa1 Posts: 90
    TyEdge said:

Instead of off-topic posts about opinions on ranking champs, can we stick to the fact that Kabam said they were adjusting attack values in 6.1 and 6.2 and now it appears they aren’t?

I just don’t understand why they are ignoring this question? I wrote a message under this post criticizing them for not answering and they deleted it so obviously they’ve seen this post yet they refuse to give us an answer to it? It’s ridiculous. If you aren’t going to lower attack values then fine. If you are going to then cook. But give us an answer one way or the other! This is ridiculous!
    edited October 2020

TyEdge said:

The announcement says these are the final act 6 adjustments. The dev diary says path fights in 6.1 and 6.2 will be adjusted. I delayed exploration to further deepen my roster, believing there was little point in rushing to explore because changes were coming. Did I miss something?

Op is asking a very simple question. They said they were going significantly reduce attack values in act 6 and op was waiting for it, as was I.

It’s not a question whether it’s needed or not, or if op wants it, it’s just that they said they would so he was waiting for it and now it doesn’t seem to happen.

To me it seems a fair question, maybe I’m drunk or people are just not responding on topic
    That first paragraph pertains to 6.4 and refers to 40-60% for that Chapter. Then it speaks about scaling subsequent Paths accordingly. The second talks about Boss Fights, and scaling them down accordingly as well. It's scaled accordingly, save for the variation in some Bosses in 6.1, but as I just pointed out, Cavalier is gated behind that, and they're not going to lower it too much. Otherwise, it's not a progress gate at all. For some reason, people interpret some values being higher as a failure to scale properly. You have to look at what according means, and what's included in said Chapter.
  • Nkrzykwa1 said:

TyEdge said:

The announcement says these are the final act 6 adjustments. The dev diary says path fights in 6.1 and 6.2 will be adjusted. I delayed exploration to further deepen my roster, believing there was little point in rushing to explore because changes were coming. Did I miss something?

Op is asking a very simple question. They said they were going significantly reduce attack values in act 6 and op was waiting for it, as was I.

It’s not a question whether it’s needed or not, or if op wants it, it’s just that they said they would so he was waiting for it and now it doesn’t seem to happen.

To me it seems a fair question, maybe I’m drunk or people are just not responding on topic
    Exactly, a very fair and simple question to be asking. However some how kabam doesn’t feel that it deserves an answer. If seatin asked he’d have an answer in minutes. This customer service is beyond terrible
    Well let’s not jump to conclusions and don’t really know what Seatin got to do with it.

It’s a forum and op asked if he missed something and I said as well that it doesn’t seem as advertised. I’m just trying to push in it the right track so we can discuss if the nerf is as advertised
This discussion has been closed.