**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Suggestions Needed - Abyss Path 2 without Human Torch

airmundoairmundo Posts: 146
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
As the title says - I just have path 2 to finish out abyss of legends but I don't have Human Torch which is supposed to be the best counter to Deadpool. Void has carried me in every lane as a Torch replacement but since Deadpool is petrify immune, void won't work here as a replacement.

Before everyone goes off please note that 1) I don't even have a 4* HT and 2) I'm looking for a FULL team suggestion not just Deadpool counters.

If anyone has finished this lane without any version of Torch it would be helpful to know who you used.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★
    airmundo said:

As the title says - I just have path 2 to finish out abyss of legends but I don't have Human Torch which is supposed to be the best counter to Deadpool. Void has carried me in every lane as a Torch replacement but since Deadpool is petrify immune, void won't work here as a replacement.

Before everyone goes off please note that 1) I don't even have a 4* HT and 2) I'm looking for a FULL team suggestion not just Deadpool counters.

If anyone has finished this lane without any version of Torch it would be helpful to know who you used.

You can bring the warlock or Iron Man infinity war both works against Deadpool, not near as good as Torch though.
  • airmundoairmundo Posts: 146
    Have you seen IMIW confirmed? I don't have warlock so IMIW is on the top of my backup list here. In theory he should work well in this fight, constant heavies and keep plasmas up, but it's tough to go on theories when I need to spend over an hour to get to the fight..

If I did that my team would be: Aegon, Void, Doom, NF, IMIW which also means no stealthy for Luke Cage which will be a pain to start
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    whoops i didn't read the post fully ignore me :)
  • BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★
    @airmundo Luke cage should not be a pain if you do this with Aegon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jS75zLDaz8&t=3s

As for IMIW yeah I tested duel against Deadpool and he inflicts heal block immediately with heavy and very easy to refresh entire fight, just long fight.
  • Robby199696Robby199696 Posts: 85
    airmundo said:

I used a 3 star torch. Took 1 revive because he evaded during an l2. I used aegon doom torch fury void
    BeroMan said:

@airmundo Luke cage should not be a pain if you do this with Aegon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jS75zLDaz8&t=3s

As for IMIW yeah I tested duel against Deadpool and he inflicts heal block immediately with heavy and very easy to refresh entire fight, just long fight.

Ahhh, never thought about his heavy counting as an intercept. Thanks for sharing! that should solve my luke cage problem to where I can ignore bringing stealthy
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    @airmundo hey mate I just want to ask you that whether VOID is too costly or he do things relatively good just like HT on other paths??

I have a void 5/65 and used him in path 1 where he outshined many champs. Is he a good alternative for HT ( unit wise) for other paths???

Can you tell the approximate unit cost keeping void in team to explore the Abyss?? (Excluding path1)

Thanks
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    airmundo said:

You can go ham on science/skill 4* crystals to see if you can get Torch.
    I’ve gone ham on 5* science/mystic crystals lol 27 deep and no torch so far. Going to wait until after this next monthly and if I still don’t get him I guess 3* it is

@airmundo hey mate I just want to ask you that whether VOID is too costly or he do things relatively good just like HT on other paths??

I have a void 5/65 and used him in path 1 where he outshined many champs. Is he a good alternative for HT ( unit wise) for other paths???

Can you tell the approximate unit cost keeping void in team to explore the Abyss?? (Excluding path1)

Thanks

Hard to give an exact answer because some fights torch is better while others Void is better. I think overall you aren’t spending that many more units by using void. I also have no torch so wouldn’t know the other side of the equation. My guess is the gap is no more then 10 revives per lane - at least for lanes 1,3,4 & 5.

Also keep in mind how many fights you even need them for. lane 3 for example I only needed void for 4 fights and used 12 revives total. Torch would probably cut that down to 6 at best.

Punch line is other then the Deadpool fight void is a good enough alternative to not stop yourself from doing 100% if you have the other champs you need.
    Oh and thanks for the 3* torch vid - I think that’s what I’m going to do
    airmundo said:

Thanks

Hard to give an exact answer because some fights torch is better while others Void is better. I think overall you aren’t spending that many more units by using void. I also have no torch so wouldn’t know the other side of the equation. My guess is the gap is no more then 10 revives per lane - at least for lanes 1,3,4 & 5.

Also keep in mind how many fights you even need them for. lane 3 for example I only needed void for 4 fights and used 12 revives total. Torch would probably cut that down to 6 at best.

Punch line is other then the Deadpool fight void is a good enough alternative to not stop yourself from doing 100% if you have the other champs you need.
    Thanks for your reply mate
    I too went for 30 dual class crystals but no torch
    Even pulled 2 incursions crystals but no Torch

Now you gave me hope to use void but initially i was not sure whether he going to end up using hell of units.
    I’m targeting 20k units grinding maybe that’s enough ..??!!!
    My units spent has never passed 4K on a lane but keep in mind I always did two weeks of stocking up revives before starting a lane so the stash kept me going for a bit.

Lane 4 is supposed to be the hardest and I used 130 revives there, other lanes averaged around 100 revives. And if you’re buying the revives you don’t really need to use pots - 40% health works just fine.

5k units is plenty to get you through a lane so 20k should be enough if you have 4 left.
    airmundo said:

My units spent has never passed 4K on a lane but keep in mind I always did two weeks of stocking up revives before starting a lane so the stash kept me going for a bit.

Lane 4 is supposed to be the hardest and I used 130 revives there, other lanes averaged around 100 revives. And if you’re buying the revives you don’t really need to use pots - 40% health works just fine.

5k units is plenty to get you through a lane so 20k should be enough if you have 4 left.

Yeah thanks for the reply mate
    I got every other counters and even a 6* R3 duped nick fury so I guess 5k units per path is a safe side.
    And if anything left in spare will work on act7.

FYI - i did path-1 with 3200 units (having no stash of revives) using AEGON SS VOID MStar & NF
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited October 2020
    My path 2 cost me quite a bit, I went in with shehulk for LC and spent a fortune - big mistake - but once I was past him it wasn’t too bad. Dead pool should be viable with 3* HT if you can keep incinerate up as its the heal reversal doing the damage not your flames. Alternatively Warlock but you’d have to keep the infections on as his healing is ludicrous.

If HT is your missing link there’s no reason you couldn’t do path 3/4/5 and come back to 2 if Ht is all you’re missing.
    edited October 2020
    Update - 3 more science/mystic crystals and I finally got him 😎

• Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    airmundo said:

Who did u used for Morningstar at path 4 instead of torch? Aegon?